The Cascade at Virginia Water

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Further to the inspiration given to me by Icecavern in this thread, I decided to go and have a look at the cascade in Virginia Water and have a go myself.

I was a little frustrated as I found that there was too much light, and without any ND filters, I was a bit stuck, but I used a polariser which knocked things down 1 stop, and just managed to keep the shutter speeds at about 1 sec or just over.

0863.jpg

0872.jpg

For the last one I had my tripod in all sorts of shapes, trying to get a good view above the rocks. I was getting some very strange looks from passers by :wacky:

I'm quite pleased with these, and glad that I didn't extend the shutter speed above 1.3 secs...

Edit: These are straight from the camera, just reduced and borders added. Please feel free to advise C&C.... And thanks for looking.....

Steve

Last edited:
Cracking shots. Think you've judged your shutter speed just right on those. There's a rock in the first shot that looks like it's tumbling.

O/T but when were you there? I went with the family yesterday (Mon) PM - Azaleas around the Punch Bowl are pretty at the moment and should be amazing in a week or so.

Was there about 18:00 for about an hour or so. Went straight to the cascade and back to the main car park as we didn't have a great deal of time.

Will certainly go back in a week or so and have a wander around in the garden areas.

Steve

Nice one Jelster. Spent many happy (read frustrating) hours photographing the cascade. You done a good job.I managed a 20 sec exposure on it once, milky, milky.
Dean:)

Looks like a great spot that will be worth being a frequent visitor too. Considering conditions and lack of ND I would say you have pulled it off pretty good. Not to milky but enough to give it a silky feel.
(y)

Thanks for the responses you're all too kind :D

Nice one Jelster. Spent many happy (read frustrating) hours photographing the cascade. You done a good job.I managed a 20 sec exposure on it once, milky, milky.
Dean:)

Dean, I fancy having a go at the weir in Goring, have you ever tried it ?

Steve

Back