The Cat Next Door!

Name
Charlene
Edit My Images
Yes
Just playing around with my new lens - Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 (nonVC)
(and trying out posting a picture on here via Flickr)

i know its a little soft around his nose and whiskers, and i would've liked to have got both his ears in the shot, but he was quick!! haha
but i liked it anyway, and thought i'd share

thanks for taking the time to look :)

(its my first post. any comments welcome)

Last edited:
Here's another one i liked.
He was watching my daughter running around the garden. i think i can just make out her reflection in his eye!!

Hi Charlene, welcome to TP.

I'm not going to comment much on the first shot as you have already pointed out what went wrong - but I would also say that the focus is not on the eyes. Looks like it is on his cheek whisker.

The second shot is much better - nice colours and sharp in the right places. I think it could be improved by positioning moggie further right - leaving more room on the left for him to look into and losing the dead space in the top right.

Hi Fi,

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

the cat was a bit of a pain haha!! everytime i knelt down to get to his level, he came bounding over and weaved in and out of my legs. he was fond of sticking his nose right into my lens too! i tried to be as quick as i could focusing on him in the right places, but it just wan't happening!!

i'm not too worried about it though, i was just having a mess around with the lens in the back garden.

maybe next time, i'll keep him occupied with some ham!!:LOL::LOL:

Back