The Chattri

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
Yes
Good evening all

Well on Tuesday, it was the most beautiful day and I just had to go out!
I have had my eye on The Chattri in Patcham, Brighton for quite a while now but just not had the chance to go for it......Till now..

Here are my efforts, constructive C&C is welcomed!

Chattri.jpg

Thanks all

Thanks.
It was around 118 exposures of 30 seconds, f3.5 ISO400 & a frame or 2 for averaging the foreground details!
:)

Kris,

I have never attempted this type of shot so my critique is limited to what I see in the final image:
Great exposure, plenty of detail to see exactly what you are shooting. I'm undecided on the slight distortion created of the trees leaning in and the building architecturally not looking upright. I guess there will be divided opinions on whether that should be corrected or not. My favourite element in the shot are the star trails which is where most of the effort went in to.

Ah I see what you mean!! I am not sure I am able to correct it well enough, so am happy with the 'wonkiedness'!!!
Thanks for your time to feedback, the stars are my favourite too! :)

Good evening all

Well on Tuesday, it was the most beautiful day and I just had to go out!
I have had my eye on The Chattri in Patcham, Brighton for quite a while now but just not had the chance to go for it......Till now..

Here are my efforts, constructive C&C is welcomed!

Chattri.jpg

Thanks all

What a beautiful photo!! One of my favourite pictures I've seen on here!! How did you make the foreground so sharp? What time of night was this taken?

What a beautiful photo!! One of my favourite pictures I've seen on here!! How did you make the foreground so sharp? What time of night was this taken?

Wow what a compliment! Thank you!! I didn't do anything for the field of depth - just shot at f3.5! Well it was in the middle of a pitch black field, last week between 20:45 & 21:45! The sun was just up long enough for me to get to the area and get my kit set up!!!..

Back