The Chuck Away Your Camera Challenge - Picture Sharing Thread

Thanks Nod

No, they are not great for action at all. It did challenge me as I had to be selective with what I shot with only 27 exposures :LOL:

Robert,

Thank you for the feedback; I have to say, I can't decide which one I like most ... but the biggest fun was taking them shots :)

Kelly, considering the limitations and subject, I am seriously impressed! Love the sunflare ones, lets be honest, you wouldn't think to do that for rugby normally, but there is something about them that does actually work and makes a change from the usual sort of team sport images we would see. Which brings me nicely onto 7 and 8 - #7 captures the movement really well, the fixed shutter speed has given just the right amount of motion blur to show movement without just blurring everything. #8 really is all your skill at anticipating the moment, really well done :clap:

Thanks Yv, your comments are much appreciated. It really did make me take a step back and think. I am definitely going to attempt it again.

#7 I would have binned if it was out of my normal camera :LOL:. I'm not keen on the motion blur type pictures but I can see what you're saying. I quite like the processing on them too. These are straight from the CD from Snappy Snaps which I picked up at lunch time and only thing I've done is resize as I only have Microsoft Picture Viewer thing at work :LOL:

I am quite fond of the sun flare ones actually, I have tried on several occasions to get that type of photo in my normal sports photography but just end up giving up :LOL:

Nod, sorry, I posted quite quickly earlier just to acknowledge your post. I have a little more time to thank you for your points. #4 is possibly my favourite one out of the whole batch. I waited for quite a while for them to get a scrum there so that I could get it lit, it turned out better than I had hoped. All I could hear in my head was Yv's voice saying think about the lighting :LOL: I stood on the side of the pitch facing the sun on purpose. Normally, I'd shoot from the other side but we do get nice low sun during the autumn and winter rugby months so I thought why not have a go!

wow what a cracking thread!! Ive taken a roll of film, at the moment, its in the centre console of the car and im 600 miles away from it, i will get the film developed next week! Im really impressed with what has been posted, makes me feel ashamed to have forgotten.

#16 steveo_mcg
You sure that first one is from a disposable? nice. the dirt on the second one does add a certain something :) shot position looks like you were in a car though...

Cheers for the feedback Robert.

I've got some slide film from another camera of the first shot but not had it developed yet.

The down side of trying to frame the shot was I had to raise the camera to my eye which I think makes the relative position a little more car-ish.

wow what a cracking thread!! Ive taken a roll of film, at the moment, its in the centre console of the car and im 600 miles away from it, i will get the film developed next week! Im really impressed with what has been posted, makes me feel ashamed to have forgotten.

:D

What I said in post #114.

There are no prizes just bragging rights [and if I can persuade Marcel, a new user title for any stand out shooters ] and hopefully you will have learnt something about yourself and your ability to take a picture without all those buttons and knobs to twiddle. oh yes, and that smug feeling of self satisfaction that you went out there, armed with only your brains, looked a right idiot with a disposable camera and lived to tell the tale

[and if I can persuade Marcel, a new user title for any stand out shooters ]

I did try to encourage Marcel, see last post, but to no avail.:shrug:

Sorry to re-surrect this thread... but is there going to be a similar challenge this year?

Whether or not there are any prizes, just wondering if its likely to happen and what time/month...

Yes, I think so.... I just need to come up with a better way [read 'more reliable than those damn staff room slackers' :LOL: ] of allocating those bragging rights... could put it to a member vote...

Wow, some of the pictures here are really impressive. I've got to give this a go. :p

Yvonne,

Thank you for taking the initiative on this. If you don't mind, should there be one running this year can you please post an update on this thread too. Unfortunately I don't have the bandwidth to check TP as often as I'd like, and threads I'm subscribed to are my best option.

Again, thank you and apologies for the bother.

OMG mine still aren't developed from last year and I'm not even too sure where the camera is :confused:

Back