B&W The Clifton Bridge: Bristol. Night time reflections

Very good Steve, love the depth into the distance down the river, not a lot to choose between the two formats for me but I think I'd go for the first because there is a bit more to the RHS buildings. You do like to travel.

7 x 5 for me too, the 4 x 3 is unbalanced to my eye ... however there is a hint of green in the lighter shadows.

Very nice, I prefer the 4x3 as it draws you more into the depth of the shot, it makes it obvious where I should be looking.

The 5x7 is also nice but I'm left somewhat wondering where I'm meant to be looking which signals a little decisiveness in the composition.

I initially preferred the first one, but then I noticed the better separation between the bridge reflection and the mud/bank at bottom left in the second one, and I think that is a definite plus. Interested in why you've gone b&w on this one?

4x3 for me, very good

Out of the 2 I prefer the 7x5, nice shot of an iconic landmark. Have you tried it cropping out the reflection of the bridge ?

[QUOTE="Nitram, post: 7713060, member: 21751"Have you tried it cropping out the reflection of the bridge ?[/QUOTE]
No and there's no way I'd consider that. I love reflections and the whole idea was to get this shot plus reflection

I initially preferred the first one, but then I noticed the better separation between the bridge reflection and the mud/bank at bottom left in the second one, and I think that is a definite plus. Interested in why you've gone b&w on this one?

It was taken dead in the night. Lots of light pollution issues. Plus I wanted too.

I'll go back in the summer and do a twilight hour shot and keep it colour

Back