The Cloud Appreciation Thread PART II

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
No
continuing on from Part I - clouds of all descriptions - we want to see them. The sky would be pretty dull without them :D

Here's some of mine :)

[
2724408483_4c9a74ee2e_o.jpg

2802852232_f4e6002e1a_o.jpg

2753175753_e49fd0ea93_o.jpg

Last edited:
A recent one of mine that I don't think I posted on here...

2959214359_8f8c9feb55_o.jpg

Good to see it revived - why was it closed?

I like that 1st one Donna.

Here's mine

Good to see it revived - why was it closed?

I like that 1st one Donna.

Thank you :)

It was closed because it was too big I think :thinking::)

Great start guys (y) I like the mono conversion Lee and the sand patterns add to the shot (y) and a great viewpoint in the first - taken with a fisheye or distorted in PP? The contrast of colours and textures in the second one is fab too, Tonto :clap:

Thank you :)

It was closed because it was too big I think :thinking::)

Great start guys (y) I like the mono conversion Lee and the sand patterns add to the shot (y) and a great viewpoint in the first - taken with a fisheye or distorted in PP? The contrast of colours and textures in the second one is fab too, Tonto :clap:

Thanks, it's the 10.5 fisheye.

not as good as your pictures however it was a nice sky so i took a picture!
photo12.jpg

Nice shots "tontoshorse", awesome clouds should I say. I need to get out more and point my camera up, saw something cool last night but it was too cold to stand around waiting for 3 minute exposures.

Can't wait to everyones favourite clouds.

-Tim

Took these out of the plane window with Dan's camera coming back from holiday:

~1 Clouds over Greece
DSC00298.JPG

~2 Greek Islands - bit of a crap shot but I like it :D
DSC00296.JPG

Taken yesterday, looking south from Cobh. Darkened & tinted for effect ;)

2970054894_dd7acb7fc4.jpg

Jon

Here's a couple of mine that I like. Took them on the way to work one morning.

sunrise11.jpg

sunrise21.jpg

This is mine. Cloud over the Eildons and Melrose Abbey.

DSC_0173.jpg
[/IMG]

TP_SDIM0232.JPG

Storm coming out of Wasdale over Drigg sand dunes. It kinda rained a bit soon after this was taken!

Last edited:
A couple from yesterday

IMG_8475.jpg

IMG_8480.jpg

Bumping this thread, if I may :shrug:

This is mine. Cloud over the Eildons and Melrose Abbey.

DSC_0173.jpg
[/IMG]

Love this shot... the eildons are really picturesque from all angles... My fav view is them is from Scotts View.... Love this shot though...

Like this threat also....

M

I'm glad this thread has reappeared, clouds are a thing of beauty and should be celebrated.
Here's one I took a couple of weeks ago from the bottom of Beeston Hill looking toward the Welsh Hills.

A-Cheshire-Plain-sunset.jpg

Cheers

Andy

Mull2copy.jpg

There are some very nice formations here (y)

Taken from about 2000 feet looking down on an Atol

Clouds.jpg

Clouds are the landscape photographer's best friend. They add interest, texture and mood; they can change a happy scene to one that is pensive and moody. They can be the main subject or play a supporting role. Sometimes clouds are just "cool" all in their own right. The wise photographer studies the sky and clouds and uses what nature provides to make each photo complete.

1. Storm clouds over Bismarck lit by a setting sun. The yellowish/greenish color bespeaks hail.
StormClouds_2.jpg

2. Same storm a few minutes later as the sun dropped below the horizon. Thankfully no hail fell on Bismarck with this storm.
StormClouds_3.jpg

3. Early spring sky with clouds over the western edge of town.
BWNECE2_Clouds.jpg

4. Unusual early spring rain clouds over Mandan. I liked the way the "curves" in the clouds mirrored the curving hillside and railroad tracks.
BlackandWhiteMarchMadness_1.jpg

5. Mare's tail clouds over the northern prairies of the U.S.
MaresTailBW.jpg

my humble offering of a Kentish sky:

IMG_1791.jpg

Oh! I forgot about this thread, fantastic stuff all round folks. Here's my offering, taken from Traigh beach near Mallaig last month looking toward Skye. Its a 3 second exposure at f11.

Cheers

Andy

One menacing shot Donna! Love the couple sat on the beach oblivious that the world is about to end:)!

few random ones of mine, I collect sky photos if they're nice skys for use in other images :D

clouds1.jpg

clouds2.jpg

Sunset over Gomera

big-sky-web.jpg

Regards, Alan.

And another one over my home town..
_MG_9339.jpg

Last edited:
Back