Critique The Clyde Arc at night - Glasgow

And the water could not have been more still, great shots steve.

Reactions: ST4
Cracking set there Steve. Mirror like water gives stunning images.(y)
I took a look on your Flickr site too. The Piazza Navona and Colesium photos took me back to few years ago when I was there. Really nice.

The second one has the best composition, I'm not sure the portrait one works but I'm a sucker for these sort of shots.

Cheers Tim, I wanted to try something a little different on what is a very often taken image. I reckon with a wider lens, I could pull off the portrait composition and the same with the final one an extra 3mm would get the full rotunda in. I really need to shoot these in a blue hour, so I am checking forecasts, tide tables etc.

These are very good, I particularly like the second one. If you are going to shoot architecture in portrait mode then a crop thats a bit more square like 5 x 4 or 7 x 5 can often look better.

Much better conditions for you than on previous visits. You could try a pano stitch in lieu of a wider lens.
#2 gets my vote.

Much better conditions for you than on previous visits. You could try a pano stitch in lieu of a wider lens.
#2 gets my vote.

True. It's a 36mp body. Even if I crop to 2:1 or 3:1 I'm left with a 24mp or 16mp file. Big enough.

I might try the Ziess up here. It's a good bit sharper than my 24-70 which for resolving building details matters.

Blue hour next :)

True. It's a 36mp body. Even if I crop to 2:1 or 3:1 I'm left with a 24mp or 16mp file. Big enough.

I might try the Ziess up here. It's a good bit sharper than my 24-70 which for resolving building details matters.

Blue hour next :)

And at 21mm it would have got the rotunda in ;)

Back