The Cobb - Lyme Regis

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
I went for a bit of piece and quite this morning and drove across to Lyme Regis. It was a bitter cold morning loss the feeling in my hands by the time i left.

Was alittle bit upset whilst there, another photographer walk pass and set up is gear further down the sea wall within my picture and he didnt even bat an eye lid, its not something i would have done. I wasnt going to stop me getting any picture as i had got up early and drove for 2 hours to capture the sunrise but looking at the photos now i think he does add something to the photo.

5153863877_56d7c996c9_b.jpg

After reading Comments about the TOG, some say he adds to the image other say should clone him, here is the cloned version

5155997686_42fd2a3483_b.jpg

Last edited:
Great light and a great angle. Really really nice. I wonder what the other photographer got, it can't be as good as this.

Very nice Jon.

Very Nice colours and a good sky for once. I like the curve of the sea wall and it does lead the eye in nicely

If the other photographer bothers you it can always be removed. A bit rude that he did that, I would probably have been annoyed, especially after a two hour drive.

Cheers,

Si.

Think the guy would have got a bit wet if he did that to me. Ignorant git. Still, your shot came out well(y)(y). I'd just zap him with the clone tool:D

Great shot Jon. Love the composition. The way The Cobb draws the eye round to the sun is spot on. Agree that the figure gives it a bit of added interest.

A very nice shot, lovely colours. The sun shining on the clouds and the wall looks fantastic.

As for the other tog. It does add something to the shot, but was rude. I would of gone and set up just in front of him!

A very nice shot, lovely colours. The sun shining on the clouds and the wall looks fantastic.

As for the other tog. It does add something to the shot, but was rude. I would of gone and set up just in front of him!

Thanks for the comment, it had crossed my mind to go set up in front of him, but then that would make me as rude as he was. But as been said he does add to show the size of the wall so in the end cannot be to cross

Beautiful light and composition!
The body adds to the shot for scale purposes IMO. :eek:)

Cracking shot of Lyme Bay - some even better ones (IMHO) on your flickr page !

As commented on your flickr pages Jon, these are great shots, shame about the togger, IMO I don't like him in the shot (but I must be in the minority), but it would be easy to clone out if you wanted ;)

I wouldn't have walked past you without taking account of what you were doing. As others have said, I think it adds to the image. He stopped at just the right point, too. Great image.

I think you had the better view, he wouldn't have got that wonderful sweeping wall in shot.. I kinda like him there.. gorgeous!

Thats a stunning shot. I actually prefer the one with the guy in it, adds a bit of interest :)

Thats a stunning shot. I actually prefer the one with the guy in it, adds a bit of interest :)

I agree, at that distance he could almost be an angler.

A lovely shot. Actually I think many people would be tempted to follow the example of the other tog, but your shot shows the benefit of adding context and depth to the shot by including the near wall.

I agree, at that distance he could almost be an angler.

A lovely shot. Actually I think many people would be tempted to follow the example of the other tog, but your shot shows the benefit of adding context and depth to the shot by including the near wall.

Thanks for having a look and commenting (y)

Back