The Collosseum - Rome

It would be nice if they didn't illuminate the area with such yellow lighting.

Reactions: ST4
Two very nice shots Steve, with some good detail in both the shadows and the highlights. We all have different tastes but I quite like the sodium lighting.(y)

George.

I particularly like the second one.

Did you see the TV programme about the Colloseum a few weeks ago?

Steve.

I particularly like the second one.

Did you see the TV programme about the Colloseum a few weeks ago?

Steve.

Missed it I'm afraid. I'd however love to go back to Rome. So much history and culture. Only problem is it's very busy but if you get up early them you get the place to yourself.

I chose those angles as the rest, as in 3/4s of it were in scaffolding

Missed it I'm afraid.

See if you can find it on YouTube as it's worth watching. They went to the Colloseum and another similar but more complete building. They made graphical reconstructions of the under floor lift arrangements which could bring wild animals and even chariots up to arena level and make them appear from nowhere.

Steve.

See if you can find it on YouTube as it's worth watching. They went to the Colloseum and another similar but more complete building. They made graphical reconstructions of the under floor lift arrangements which could bring wild animals and even chariots up to arena level and make them appear from nowhere.

Steve.
Yep that's the one. It was very good. The evacuation bit was very interesting.

Steve.

They could transform the arena into a forest hunting scene, or just about anything else the editor wanted, too; although there's controversy about the idea that it was flooded to enact naval battles. Most of this has been known for years.

The part I found interesting was the computer modelling of how the shade canopy may have worked. Up until now, there have been few facts and a lot of supposition, but this theory appears to be, at least, realistic.

I was there this weekend and struggled to get any good pics I like these far better than the tosh I took with my OMD EM10 im a newbie and struggle with the 14-42mm lens You have to stand so far back from what you want to photo it's hard not to get tourists in the damn scene, still did get to see Daniel Craig in the new DB10

Back