The Corsa again. Another before and after!

Matt Sayle

2017MSA Young Photographer of the Year(Motorsport)
Name
Matt Sayle
Edit My Images
Yes
Right, I went to the Pageant of Power thing in Cheshire over the weekend and was working on a trade stand. Unfortunatly, the field was just mud. And I mean really big, deep, thick horrible mud. Despite my best efforts, I kept losing traction which sent mud everywhere. I put my clutch down each time it did it but mud still went EVERYWHERE.

So, here is what the car looked like when I got to my girlfriends on Sunday.

IMG_9799.jpg

IMG_9801.jpg

IMG_9802-1.jpg

IMG_9804.jpg

Then after (in this order) a hosepipe wash, a powerjet wash, a sponge wash, a hosepipe wash (to clear the rinse the sponge wash), a clay bar, anohter hosepipe wash, another sponges wash, another hosepipe wash, another clay bar, a T-Cut and a polish it looked like this:

IMG_9806.jpg

IMG_9807.jpg

IMG_9809.jpg

Well worth the six on hours I spent and the arm ache etc. It looks brilliant. Also had to do the interior as well.

So yeah, it is no longer pink :D

Worth it though.(y)

:eek: Bloody hell. He's finally done it :clap:. Bet its still pink around them bloody stickers :p. Nothing for me to take the ****out of anymore. hang on yes there is the knackered lens. :D

:LOL: fair play, you're more dedicated than I would be. We walked past your car yesterday, I was wondering who you managed to get it inside the grounds

Shiny Corsa (y)

Now go and get some Peanut Oil out of the supermarket and a bit of clean sponge and rub it into the arches and bumpers and get the colour back to black ;)

Worth it though.:thumb:

Thanks, I am glad!

:eek: Bloody hell. He's finally done it :clap:. Bet its still pink around them bloody stickers :p. Nothing for me to take the ****out of anymore. hang on yes there is the knackered lens. :D

LOL!!

Nope, it is white where the polish has stuck to the edges and wont come off LOL!

Shudddup!

Oooh Matt,

You went to the "P-O-P" and you're posting shots of a corsa - no offence but design has never been there greatest asset ;) Think about your reputation :LOL:

Simon

It is a shed, I know. But I like it to look good! Well, shiney LOL!

:LOL: fair play, you're more dedicated than I would be. We walked past your car yesterday, I was wondering who you managed to get it inside the grounds

By getting up at 5:30 on both days :puke:

I was on the Oulton stand with the big Lola F5000!

Shiny Corsa (y)

Now go and get some Peanut Oil out of the supermarket and a bit of clean sponge and rub it into the arches and bumpers and get the colour back to black ;)

OOooooh yes!!

Will do, expect my nephew has a nut allegery and he is here all the time so could be tricky!

for the arches / bumpers - shoe polish, heat gun, you can get sprays for it, or wd40 is supposed to work just dontget any on the paint.

i bought some spray on ebay £4 a can fixed mine right up when i had it.

Get the proper bumper gel then - the Autoglym stuff isn't too dear

I have a can of bumper spray, it is just getting the right conditions :LOL:

for the arches / bumpers - shoe polish, heat gun, you can get sprays for it, or wd40 is supposed to work just dontget any on the paint.

i bought some spray on ebay £4 a can fixed mine right up when i had it.

Sod a heat gun! The car will go up :LOL:

I have some spray!

WOW Matt that really looks good now 100/10

Now this heat gun lark is the ONLY way to go as it does not matter what you us eit will not LAST but using a heat gun WILL trust me as with 25+yrs in the MOTA trade well heck thats what we use

Dave

WOW Matt that really looks good now 100/10

Now this heat gun lark is the ONLY way to go as it does not matter what you us eit will not LAST but using a heat gun WILL trust me as with 25+yrs in the MOTA trade well heck thats what we use

Dave

Thank you very much Dave :D:D:D

I just dont trust myself :LOL:

Matt, I've got a knackered old corsa, my arches were light grey and looked awful when I bought it. the heat gun trick works well. Be patient though, I've heard some people that have tried to do it in 5mins and ended up melting the plastic and warping it, then water runs down and rusts the bodywork! :bonk:
it doesn't last for ever though. did mine about 12months ago and they need re-doing now. :(

Matt, I've got a knackered old corsa, my arches were light grey and looked awful when I bought it. the heat gun trick works well. Be patient though, I've heard some people that have tried to do it in 5mins and ended up melting the plastic and warping it, then water runs down and rusts the bodywork! :bonk:
it doesn't last for ever though. did mine about 12months ago and they need re-doing now. :(

alot better than some of the spray stuff, some lasts until it rains lol.

Nice job Matt.....But Loose the sponges and the t cut......

Micro Fibre Mitts eg Megfuires or the Scmitt and The Polish does the same job as T cut and does less damage to the paint. Polish then wax!

What ever you do don't start reading detailing world.....It'll cost you more than your camera!

I'll third (or fourth) the heat gun. Just keep it moving, and don't touch the plastic with the hot bits. It is easy, and start on a bit low down to get used to it. I found small circles worked best. Take your time, you;ll be fine - Dr. Pepper, whats the worst that can happen??

I'm surprised that you needed TWO passes with clay..

Shows that you didn't do it right the first time..

Oh, and LOL at the sponge.. Get yourself a decent sheepskin mitt.

And you didn't wax after claying TWICE? Polish does nothing but make the surface shiny. What you need is some decent wax to seal the paintwork. Some dodo orange crush would look nice on that, or some Vics concourse would look nice on a red car.

But honestly.. that really is polishing a turd though..

Oh, and LOL at the sponge.. Get yourself a decent sheepskin mitt.

But honestly.. that really is polishing a turd though..

Oh, haha, yeah what a complete idiot for thinking that a sponge would be used to clean a car. I should have completely ignored everything I've ever seen in life where people have been washing their car with a sponge and used common sense and bought a sheepskin mitt!

Silly me/matt!

The second line also applies for when you have a shower :naughty: ;)

Last edited:
just need some "black to black" on the bumpers.........

Whats special about a corsa?

absolutely nothing. Ive said for years they are driven by muppets, then vauxhall bring an advert out to prove it. (sorry matt! :D)

Lovely post and hes in kent(?) on hols. With little to no internet

Back