The Cruel Sea

Very impressive, Geoff.

Angry sky, angry sea and super highlights Very dramatic. I'd have that printed large, framed and on a wall in my lounge.

Doug

That almost looks like a face at the top of the wave.

Very dramatic shot have to agree with Arclight, make a lovely print

That's a great image, I'd be proud of that and as has been said, get it printed big and hang it in the lounge. Well done

That's what I'd call "Capturing the moment!"

Really well taken.

Spectacular, the highlights combined with that brooding sky are stunning.

Very impressive, Geoff.

Angry sky, angry sea and super highlights Very dramatic. I'd have that printed large, framed and on a wall in my lounge.

Doug
Thanks very much Doug, I've printed it A3 but it needs bigger, so its A1 I think? thanks gin for your feedback,

Geoff

That almost looks like a face at the top of the wave.

Very dramatic shot have to agree with Arclight, make a lovely print

Thanks Gremlin, This was a 2 hour shoot and through the series of about 100 or more shots there are a number of faces and shapes sculptures by the waves which I am in the process of sorting, It really is amazing how natures power can create such beauty,

Geoff

SK3A5154 2.jpeg
Where abouts is this harbour?
Its a small commercial port at Newhaven East Sussex, half way between Eastbourne and Brighton and a gateway to the French port of Dieppe. This is the car ferry arriving just before the storm really took hold.

Geoff

Super image. The eyes are nicely led around the harbour wall towards the lighthouse. The colours in the sky and the capture of the breakers over the wall make the image very dramatic. I definitely like this one.

Ok what is there to like about it?
Instantly for my it is not one of these long exposure shots making the water look like cream, I hate those (personal opinion). Next it combines movement (the sea breaking over the wall) with the static of the harbour wall itself and the calm sea within. Perspective? yes again spot on, not one of those standard look straight down a boundary line photos you usually see ,in this case it is in two parts from bottom left to almost the right hand side of the picture and back again in the distance, with the addition of a final point being the lighthouse itself a real bonus.
All this combined with the overall typical stormy night look is I think about spot on.

Oh and if I had said anything different as Geoff lives not that far from me I might be in trouble.:( Joking apart, pity it was not taken with a Nikon camera that would have been the icing on the cake ;):muted: :muted:

Fantastic shot perfectly timed ,these are the kind of shots that inspire me ,corker mate.

Super image. The eyes are nicely led around the harbour wall towards the lighthouse. The colours in the sky and the capture of the breakers over the wall make the image very dramatic. I definitely like this one.

Thanks a lot for your feedback Peter, very much appreciated,

Geoff

Ok what is there to like about it?
Instantly for my it is not one of these long exposure shots making the water look like cream, I hate those (personal opinion). Next it combines movement (the sea breaking over the wall) with the static of the harbour wall itself and the calm sea within. Perspective? yes again spot on, not one of those standard look straight down a boundary line photos you usually see ,in this case it is in two parts from bottom left to almost the right hand side of the picture and back again in the distance, with the addition of a final point being the lighthouse itself a real bonus.
All this combined with the overall typical stormy night look is I think about spot on.

Oh and if I had said anything different as Geoff lives not that far from me I might be in trouble.:( Joking apart, pity it was not taken with a Nikon camera that would have been the icing on the cake ;):muted: :muted:
Thanks a lot for your kind reply Bazza, Its very much appreciated --my Canon has told me to ignore the Nikon remark,

Geoff

Back