Review The Digital Photography Book by Scott Kelby

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
As I told you yesterday, I am making a review of The Digital Photography Book by Scott KelbyThe Digital Photography Book. If you have not seen the Post from yesterday yet, please read that first then come back.

What to expect: If you decide to buy this book you should know, that there are some pages that are not very useful. What I mean by that is: That there are some pages at the start of the book and one at the start of every Chapter, that are not really about Photography. Of course you can skip them, but they are actually quite funny.

Especially the experienced Photographers will notice that they already know a lot of the Things in the book. But even going through it now after reading it, I notice that a lot of the things that you (we) should know are forgotten.

The things I like about this book:

+ Their is a lesson on every page.
+ Their are lots of tips on just about anything Photography related. (Not much on Editing)
+ It is written so that anyone can understand it, but people who are really advanced don't find it boring.
+ Sometimes at the bottom of the page he has three different products. Each of them has a symbol in front of them. One meaning for people on a budget, one for people who have plenty of money, and one for people who are rich bas*%$#s. (it's him saying it not me)
+ Scott Kelby is really open in his writing.

The things I don't like about this book:

- People who are not new to Photography will have already heard a lot of the things in this book.

Conclusion: If you are new to Photography this is a must read!

For people who have been taking pictures for awhile, but are not happy with their results I would recommend the second book of the three. (If you like the second book, get the first as well)

For advanced Photographers I would recommend the second and third book over this one.

My Rating:

5 Stars (for beginners)
4 Stars (for Intermediate Photographers)
3.5 Stars ( for advanced Photographers)

Please tell me what you think of this book.

Last edited:
The idea of this forum is to post a review, not spam for your blog.

I'll tell you what I think of your review though:

Appalling spelling.
Atrocious grammar.
A writing style that is prosaic, to put it politely.

:agree:

Well I've looked at all of your posts from yesterday and I can't see one where you told us anything? Maybe that sentence was just a cut & paste from your blog as well?

Compare that book to camera manual. And you will see that after reading manual you can put kelby straight to the bin ;)

Compare that book to camera manual. And you will see that after reading manual you can put kelby straight to the bin ;)

Maybe, but most camera manuals don't exactly make for light, easy reading. But I personally (not everyone will), like Scott Kelby's style and certainly have learned a few things from reading his books.

You pays your money, you makes your choice.

I agree with Johnnypanic, very readable. I have all 3 books and enjoyed them all greatly.

I think some have been a little harsh on the revewer, do we have to be able to spell and have perfect grammar to be able to offer an opinion?

What happened to the friendly forum i loved?

Garry

I agree with Johnnypanic, very readable. I have all 3 books and enjoyed them all greatly.

I think some have been a little harsh on the revewer, do we have to be able to spell and have perfect grammar to be able to offer an opinion?

What happened to the friendly forum i loved?

Garry

The friendly forum you loved is getting a bit hacked off with people spamming. The OPs post is just a cut and paste from his online blog that he keeps trying to advertise.

Back