The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I formatted my cards on my Mac this morning for the first time, as opposed to doing it in body. I have taken some shots and get the following error message:

The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer

I have tried using the disk utility to run first aid, but it fails each time

I can view the files in the camera, just not on the Mac. Any ideas as to how I can get the cards to be read again? I'm not concerned about the images, just rather not shell out for 2 more cards!

Thanks in advance,
Nick

what format did you use on the mac?
is that format supported by the camera?

I suspect not

what format did you use on the mac?
is that format supported by the camera?

I suspect not

Not sure, but it wasn't supported by the camera! I've always formatted in camera, but I read that could be bad for the card.

Formatting in the camera ensures you get a filesystem format the camera understands, and it can't be bad for the card.
Formatting in a computer is fine as long as you use a filesystem format the camera understands, and it's never a problem (some people will be shouting now) as long as it's a filesystem format the camera understands.

I format in the camera and on my PC and never have any issues. Equally, I sometimes format on the PC when the camera defaults to a filesystem format with limitations, even if the camera can use a better filesystem format as well.

You may still be able to recover the files by connecting the camera to your computer via a cable rather than using the card in a card reader.

I suspect the camera will have not been able to write the images

Back