The Exchange

Name
Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,
Please take a look at a short film me and my friend made for the My Rode Reel, International film contest, and if you like what you see - we would be hugely appreciative if you 'Vote' for us :)

https://www.rode.com/myrodereel/watch/entry/3500#

It was shot at my house over one weekend, on a Sony A7S, with mostly Canon L primes and lit with a mix of Rotorlight and LED Panels.

Thanks for looking, and your votes!

Grant

Rather strange, but funny ending.

I only have two criticisms to make:

First - around the 1:20 mark, you pan around the room and down to the box, you then slowly zoom into the guy, and then after that you go to the box, back to the guy, then get tighter to the box and then you go into a wide(r) shot of the guy. I was expecting another extreme close of the guy - maybe up to his eyes.... But that's just my personal choice.

The second - this is me being picky but I noticed it straight away. At around 2:27 you can see a reflection of the LEDs in the picture.

Other than that - cracking job, nice colour grading too.

Thanks for taking the time to take a look, commenting + hopefully voting ;)

Well spotted re reflections, hadn't even noticed that myself. In hindsight we'd have taken a few frames down, or paid a bit more attention during filming

I can't take any credit for the grading, as my mate did it it - but very pleased with how it came together.

FYI - My house isn't usually that dark and gloomy either!

Thank you!

To close this off, the results are in - we were a finalist in "best art design" and "best horror", but unfortunately didn't win. Great experience though, and will definitely do this again.

Thank you!

To close this off, the results are in - we were a finalist in "best art design" and "best horror", but unfortunately didn't win. Great experience though, and will definitely do this again.

Considering the amount of entries that is not bad at all, I'd be happy.

I don't usually look in the video section here but Video is becoming a lot more interesting for me now, just a very steep learning curve I think.

When starting off in photography there is an endless amount of tutorial, information and workshops to be had, for video not so much, or at least not that I've found.

Back