The eyes are a window to the soul

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
A chance to use my latest aquistion, a Kiron 105mm Macro!

4019799128_ee6528ce2e_o.png

4019036273_579b5b0c04_o.png

I have never seen an eye that close, the colour in the top one is amazing :)

Superb detail even if some people do find eyes freaky, I don't (y)

Great photographs, I have the vivitar version of that lens and its fantastic

Great photographs, I have the vivitar version of that lens and its fantastic

wow, i take it you are happy with the lens!!

Al

Yep it sure is a quality lens, the only downside is mine has sticky aperture blades :(

There is no grease or oil on them but every now and then it fails to stop down so you have to try 2 or 3 times before it complies.

I do love macros of eyes, it's one thing I really want to get stuck into when/if I manage to aquire a macro lens!

great work... :D

Vi x

Great shots as mentioned, my only crit, imo I would have cloned out the bright glares of light to add a more professional look.

Last edited:
the first one especially is truly beautiful, i agree though that it may improve by calming down the highlights(y)

Brilliant. I very nearly bought one of these from the bay a couple of weeks ago, but decided to wait for for enough cash to get a Tamron 90mm. Are you pleased with it? Find it easy to use?

Brilliant. I very nearly bought one of these from the bay a couple of weeks ago, but decided to wait for for enough cash to get a Tamron 90mm. Are you pleased with it? Find it easy to use?

Yea it is really good! Personally I was drawn between the Kiron 105mm or the Tokina 90mm but the bokina is as rare as rocking horse manure. And the Kiron goes to 1:1 without an adapter. The only downside is mine has sticky aperture blades which sometimes refuse to stop down. :shake:

So i am going to find out if there is someone to remedy this problem because there is no way i am going to strip and clean it.

I can hardly look at them! but they are fantastic!

Back