The Fab Four

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Well four was all I came across in a brief hour today :thinking: Five actually but the Robin is asking for higher fees if I post him up :shake:, managed to get the Goldfinch at long last.

Blackbird ( Female )
IMG_7342_filtered.jpg

Coal tit
IMG_7312_filtered.jpg

Blackcap
IMG_7320_filtered.jpg

Goldfinch
IMG_7380_filtered2.jpg

Superb shots Rich. Sort of thing I would like to do. Do you set these up, eg seed in your garden or just captured while you are out walking?

Wonderful stuff as usual Rich.

Andy

Dont be so bl**dy mean Richard, the little red breast deserves some award, you gave him a seed last year, now give him a bonus and pay him at least 2 seeds, you know you can afford it and hes well worth it :nono:.

All four are nice shots but the blackcap and coal tit are my favourites, I've yet to get a blackcap but am hoping. Good poses and details on them all too, well done (y)

Cracking stuff as usual.........I especially like the female blackbird(y)

Nice set Rich. Pleased you managed the GF at long last.

Regards: Gordon

You are really getting some cracking detail out of that 7D ... it must be a really, really good camera :D

Joking aside it shows the benefit of getting close to the subject (y)

Smashing set Rich and I have to say that the lady Blackbird is the one for me - but purely I suspect because I am missing Mr Blacbirds evensong of late.
John

A beautiful set of photos Rich.:clap: We have had a male blackcap visiting our bird table everyday for the last 2 months, but no sign of a female. We haven't seen him however for the last 2 days. I wonder if he has flown off to Bath to find your female.:D

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. William to answer your question these are set up so to speak. Martyn, there is nothing more I would like than a 300mm or greater, so getting as close as I can is what I am stuck with at the moment. I am liking the Blackbird as well as it is strangely one I do not have many pictures of. I dont know if I should be concerned about the Blackcaps :shrug: As I have mentioned before there are two females in the area but still no sighting of a male, I do hope they find one asap. Both Robins came down took a bit of food and then promptly returned into the Hawthorn and started mating :bang: I had no clear field of view to grab any shots. Anyway it is their little private moment :LOL:

A lovely set Rich. The Blackcap is my pick for the natural setting, but all spot on. You can really see the differece in your shots since you got the 7D.

Martyn, there is nothing more I would like than a 300mm or greater, so getting as close as I can is what I am stuck with at the moment.

The best advice to anyone wanting better images of birds, is to get closer (y)

Nice studies Rich. (y) My Blackcaps have disappeared now. :crying:

And mine. He had lived in my garden non stop for the last 2 months. He wasn't at all shy and sat on my bird table and looked in the window. We haven't seen him since last Friday so I'm worried whether the sparrowhawk got him. I live in hope that he will come back.:crying:

Back