The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Obligatory photo of the camera itself. Also, had no idea Fuji doesn't come with those plastic clips that goes on the triangle to stop metal to metal contact to the body. Ordered some off eBay.

8pQaOMx.jpg

Sorry to be that guy, but it's 1,934 in total. This year is Fuji's 90th anniversary.
And is going to cost £1934 as well in the UK.

I saw that the US side have cancelled some suspicious orders and are going to now raffle at least some of the remaining LEs they have

Sorry to be that guy, but it's 1,934 in total. This year is Fuji's 90th anniversary.
I knew it was something like that ;) I didn't pay too much interest, as rangefinder bodies aren't my cuppa tea.

I had a senior moment with the X-E1 at the weekend ( probably happened before then, but not noticed until the weekend)

I was downloading my pictures from Sunday 24th in the evening and noticed I only had pictures taken from about 1230 and I knew I had
others as I had seen then writting to the card.

After much head scratching, I realised that I had set the clock wrong in the camera and the rest of them were 'taken' on the 23rd before
1200 or midnight as the camera thought it was. That reminds me, still need to fix this

As anyone got or tried the Voigtländer Ultron 27m f2?
I've read a few reviews and the gas
The lengths we go to for a shot, X-T2 on tripod with 16-55 shot with the X100T.

View attachment 418482

The shot.

View attachment 418483
Worth it though. Lost count of the hours I have spent under a brolly on a hillside somehwere waiting (usally in vain) for the light to improve.

Hey all.

I'm heading to Majorca for a week to do some sightseeing (mainly small towns, markets, etc) and can't decide what kit to take and carry!

Part of me thinks take it all just in case, but part thinks that's silly, and keep it light with one lens.

Logic says the 18-55 gives me best length options, then I toyed with the idea of picking up a FujiFilm XF 16-55mm F2.8 R LM WR in my local shop for extra length but it's huge!
Using the primes feel better and are lighter (not the 90!) but limit range options which I may regret...

My current options:
Fuji 18mm f/2 R
TTartisan 27mm f/2.8
Fuji 18-55mm f/2.8-4
Fuji 90mm F2 R LM WR

What would you do?

My travel bag is the x-t20, 18mm f2 , TTA 27 f2.8 and the 50mm f2. In all honesty, I probably take 95% of shots using the 18 and 27

If it’s convenience, the 18-55 wins the day for you I guess

I've reduced my Fuji lens collection right down now. I travel with the T5, the 35 f1.4, and depending on what I'm expecting to shoot, will add either the 10-24 f4 or the 50-140 f2.8. I only take the 100-400 if I think I'm likely to get a chance of some wildlife stuff. My "grab bag" has the 35 & 10-24, which is next to my desk and ready to go.

Hey all.

I'm heading to Majorca for a week to do some sightseeing (mainly small towns, markets, etc) and can't decide what kit to take and carry!

Part of me thinks take it all just in case, but part thinks that's silly, and keep it light with one lens.

Logic says the 18-55 gives me best length options, then I toyed with the idea of picking up a FujiFilm XF 16-55mm F2.8 R LM WR in my local shop for extra length but it's huge!
Using the primes feel better and are lighter (not the 90!) but limit range options which I may regret...

My current options:
Fuji 18mm f/2 R
TTartisan 27mm f/2.8
Fuji 18-55mm f/2.8-4
Fuji 90mm F2 R LM WR

What would you do?

Just take the 18-55 - keep the weight down, the 16-55mm is very heavy and on a lighter body can feel unbalanced.

I did Oxford city centre last weekend with just a 27mm and found it not quite wide enough for only a few shots.
We are doing a cruise later this year, so will probably take most of my kit.
As it’s around old European port cities I think the 16-80 might be getting most use.

Back