The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I know this has been covered in here, but I'm buggered if I can find it. I need a recommendation for some SD cards. 64GB, for the XT2 and XH-1. What are you using? I bought some 32 GB Transcend UHCII cards and they seem ok, any other recommendations? I need 4.

Cheers,

Another happy Sandisk Extreme Pro user here (2x 64Gb, plus loads of assorted 32Gb and 16Gb)

Samdisk extreme pro here too, I was using their older/cheaper U-1 cards and they work just fine , but had to get a couple U-3 cards for 4K video. I find little difference between them for stills. They are all 95/mbs

Anyone on here got an X-T30? What are your thoughts?
I’m considering selling my X-T2 and getting one. Now that I’m living within travelling distance of London I want to do some street.

Anyone on here got an X-T30? What are your thoughts?
I’m considering selling my X-T2 and getting one. Now that I’m living within travelling distance of London I want to do some street.
I been using one a lot (it's actually my daughters) and I really like it. Been using a lot to do some street, I forgotten how small they are. I got the 27mm to go with it and it's X100f size.
Down side to the xt2/3 I miss the tilting screen in portrait mode but for me that's about it. Things that you might miss is one card slot, viewfinder not as big and the q button can be easily pressed by mistake.
The first dosent bother me, the viewfinder I find I don't miss the bigger size after 10 minutes and the q button is irritating but a press of the shutter button and it's sorted. There is a firmware update where you can disable the q button but haven't tried it myself.
The thing I thought I might miss is the d-pad but personaly I don't.

Thanks for that Graham. The screen still tilts one way though? And is touchscreen?

The firmware update did help with the Q button being pressed by mistake, or it certainly did for me...

Not turned off, just desensitized by the firmware update, so you have to fully press it for the Q menu to pop up...

I was bored today waiting in for somebody, so reworked an old image I took a couple of years ago in Mull. This was shot on my old T1 and the 16mm f1.4.

What is interesting is that I really noticed the difference in the file formats and how they behave in LR.
DSCF1317.jpg

Bugger.

HxvBzfG.jpg

Hope the drop wasn’t from too high....

I know this has been covered in here, but I'm buggered if I can find it. I need a recommendation for some SD cards. 64GB, for the XT2 and XH-1. What are you using? I bought some 32 GB Transcend UHCII cards and they seem ok, any other recommendations? I need 4.

Cheers,
Just avoid Lexar cards. Had two of them fail on me. SanDisk only now for me.

Lens still works so that's good. £40 replacement though.
It's so annoying. Same thing happened to me few years ago, couldn't believe how expensive these small hoods are. Luckily I had the 18mm lens as well which used a similar hood. I kept swapping the hood between the two lenses until I found a good condition used one months later.

Interestingly, the longer round hood of the 60mm also fits the 35 and doesn't get in the way. I was using yesterday in the bright sunshine.

It was Mrs J's Birthday yesterday, and despite living less than 10 miles away for over 20 years, we visited Osterley House for the first time. Who would believe that such a beautiful place existed just a few miles from London....

DSCF9508 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

DSCF9503 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

DSCF9495 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

All taken on the 35mm f1.4

I've also got a couple of B&W's I'll post later.

It was Mrs J's Birthday yesterday, and despite living less than 10 miles away for over 20 years, we visited Osterley House for the first time. Who would believe that such a beautiful place existed just a few miles from London....

DSCF9508 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

DSCF9503 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

DSCF9495 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

All taken on the 35mm f1.4

I've also got a couple of B&W's I'll post later.

Lovely colours Steve

Thanks Trev, this Fuji stuff still amazes me in it's colour rendition, and the 35 f1.4 is such an underrated lens too.

If you ever read DPR forums, or any other Fuji-centric forum out there you'd see the lens is massively over-rated tbh. I had one and loved it, but the way some talk about it using terms like 'magic' and 'character' you'd think the lens was vintage and produced something out of the ordinary. It's good ... slow and noisey, but good. Like any other lens some will get better results than others. But there's nothing really special about it

If you ever read DPR forums, or any other Fuji-centric forum out there you'd see the lens is massively over-rated tbh. I had one and loved it, but the way some talk about it using terms like 'magic' and 'character' you'd think the lens was vintage and produced something out of the ordinary. It's good ... slow and noisey, but good. Like any other lens some will get better results than others. But there's nothing really special about it

Funny you say that, so many people moan about the noise & the speed, neither of which I have experienced. But you buy an f1.4 lens to use at wide apertures, and when you do, the 35 doesn't disappoint. I have a couple of images shot on this lens up on my wall. Maybe you had a duff one....

Now, the 60mm f2.4..... That's very slow, and noisy.

Funny you say that, so many people moan about the noise & the speed, neither of which I have experienced. But you buy an f1.4 lens to use at wide apertures, and when you do, the 35 doesn't disappoint. I have a couple of images shot on this lens up on my wall. Maybe you had a duff one....

Now, the 60mm f2.4..... That's very slow, and noisy.

I'm not sure moaning is the right term, people notice it Vs the newer batch of lenses is all. I had this lens for a good while, it lived on my X-T1, and it was a good copy, it did what it's supposed to do but it wasn't 'magic' as some claim. The noise didn't bother me at all because I don't do video for one, not photograph funerals - but the sluggish AF did bug me at times [X-T1 explains a lot of this, I have heard it performs a lot better on later models] The lens is very good, like I say it does what it's supposed to, but everywhere I see it mentioned you'd think it was the holy grail :D I just picked up on you saying it was under-rated, it's certainly not. I only recently bought, and then sold on the 35F2 - nice lens, but I did keep wishing I'd bought the 1.4 for old time's sake - I don't think there's anything between them from F2 onward, but the 1.4 can focus that bit closer, which i really like in lenses. And you get that extra stop of light ... plus I do think it's the better looking lens :) But under-rated? nah ... it's well loved and rightly so

Last edited:
Opinions Keith... I think too many people overlook it for the 23mm, but for me, the 35 is such a great focal length on a crop sensor. Is it as good as the 16 f1.4? No, but when I look at some of the images I've made with this lens I can't help but hold it in high regard.

Opinions Keith... I think too many people overlook it for the 23mm, but for me, the 35 is such a great focal length on a crop sensor. Is it as good as the 16 f1.4? No, but when I look at some of the images I've made with this lens I can't help but hold it in high regard.

I think you might need to re-read mine, as I'm all for this lens. it is just definitely not under-rated, because people rave about it. I just recently bought the 16-55, fantastic lens, but if you offered me a 16 1.4 + 35 1.4 in exchange, I'd take hand an' all :D In fact, if I decide to sell the 16-55 that is the duo I would aim for.

Last edited:
Just avoid Lexar cards. Had two of them fail on me. SanDisk only now for me.

That's odd, I use Lexar pro 1000x cards and never had a problem, much faster than any Sandisk I have owned and always reliable, I have had a Sandisk go UA on me with airshow photos on, only way to recover them was with their recovery software, which works on all SD cards not just Sandisk

Back