The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Went out really early on the promise of fog from the weather reports. let’s just say it was barely misty. Managed 1 shot on the xh1/16-80.
Stood waiting to get leaves falling in the shot, only saw about 3 fall in 15 minutes!
The storms have stripped the trees bare here:(

Great shot, how did you process that if you don't mind me asking?

Great shot, how did you process that if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks Rick.
I’ve used Lightroom on an iPad Pro. I’m trying to ditch my Mac and MacBook Pro. Lightroom isn’t too bad but photoshop is really lacking on the iPad. Hopefully it’ll become as functional as they promised.

Went out really early on the promise of fog from the weather reports. let’s just say it was barely misty. Managed 1 shot on the xh1/16-80.
Stood waiting to get leaves falling in the shot, only saw about 3 fall in 15 minutes!

Very nice and the sort of shot I never get right !

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at London UK of a guy out strolling in the sunshine. I've deliberately gone for a high contrast gritty presentation for this snap to emphasize the strong lines, contre-jour light, textures, & shadows.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/640th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Faceless (21)-03475 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y) :fuji:

George.

Really like that George :)

Very nice and the sort of shot I never get right !
Thanks.
Just wish I could get the middle tree centred. I couldn’t move any further to the left because there’s a stinking big oak tree in the way. If I walk around it the middle tree is then too far to the left. Going closer and using 16mm had too much of the light poking through the canopy. Never happy ;)

still had a nice walk and breakfast in the woods too.

Just managed to capture this as it came into land..

Spitfire by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

Spitfire by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

Two very nice Fujigraphs of a Spitfire Rick, liking both of these very much.

"Still on my bucket list to have a flight in one of those, and to be able to take the controls would be even better"

George.

Very nice indeed, the bare trees make it for me

Really liking that woodland Fujigraph David, looks a bit spooky with the fog/mist etc.

George.

Very nice indeed, the bare trees make it for me
Thanks Stephen. I suppose I've got to get used to them being bare for a few months now. It's just a shame the leaves vanished almost overnight.

Really liking that woodland Fujigraph David, looks a bit spooky with the fog/mist etc.

George.
Thanks George. My wife said something similar. She mentioned witches and spooky, I said something sarcastic about her and witches and woke up an hour later :D

ooh love this, with the fog adding great atmosphere

they are bringing out the 70-300 next year, something I am keenly watching, and trust it will be cheaper than the 100-400... :thinking:

I didn't know this, not checked the roadmap in a long time. Awesome.

I wonder if it will be TC compatible.

Stunning photo, great mood. The tree shapes are ace.
Cheers Jason. These 3 really stood out, they were surrounded by straight trees, like poles! There’s some massive oaks hidden away, just need time to explore.

We took a six mile walk this afternoon to Aberfoyle, Dukes Pass (The Trossachs) with the collie dog. I seemed to get my focusing issues solved with the XF55-200mm lens attached to the X-Pro1 as I had the 'Macro' button set to 'On' instead of set to 'Off', so it wouldn't focus further away...

Breia

Breia by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-Pro1 - XF55-200 - @ f/4.8 - iso 200 - 1/20th - handheld

mac

Yes thank you, read my fix issues as above in the Breia photo ^

Cheers;
mac
Oh yeah, missed that. The macro button is one I’ve never used!

I've a few Fuji goodies and a body for sale in the classifieds, could be tempted for a minty/clean X-H1 body...

mac
You’ll love the X-H1 if you get one. I love mine for everything other than the fastest stuff where I prefer the T3. Though I still love the XE1 and XP1.

Great colour, delicacy and atmosphere. Lovely.

You’ll love the X-H1 if you get one. I love mine for everything other than the fastest stuff where I prefer the T3. Though I still love the XE1 and XP1.
I've owned a X-H1 a few years ago and stupidity sold it on. It had the best/quietest shutter release sound and feel.....ever....!!

Is the X-H1 still available to buy new...?

mac

Last edited:
Great colour, delicacy and atmosphere. Lovely.
Thank you.

I’ve really missed being out with the cameras, especially travelling across the borders. I’m sort of beginning to get used to this local malarkey though (not keen on the massive hikes in wellies).
Still longing for a few days in Wales and Scotland:(

I've owned a X-H1 a few years ago and stupidity sold it on. It had the best/quietest shutter release sound and feel.....ever....!!

Is the X-H1 still available to buy new...?

mac

The shutter is so sweet, I've seen people complain that it's 'too sensitive'! but I've never had any hassle with it. Use it for an hour and you're good to go, at start you will mis-fire a couple times that's it. I had a bit of love/hate with the H1 when I first got it, nothing to do with the shutter but that stupidly placed Q button, and the touch screen was a bit s**t ... once I disabled that Q button and now only ever use the TS for quick focus point changes, I can safely say it is the best APSC body I've ever used, possibly best camera body full stop! If I was offered straight trade for a T4 I'd seriously have to think about it, and I'd probably only choose the T4 for monetary value. At that, if I was to keep I'd definitely want to add a grip

Last edited:
Back