The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I'm back (or at least I will be soon). Most likely you haven't missed me though :ROFLMAO:.

I had a brief flirtation with an X-S10 (my first Fuji ICL camera) about 2 years ago, and whilst I very much enjoyed using it, I was suffering from a pang of regret of selling my previous Canon 77D. I ended up buying another 77D before earlier this year flogging all my ILC kit for a Panasonic FZ2000 on the basis of believing I wanted (mostly) one device for all things. However, I now regret that decision - not buying the FZ - it does a fine job as a one stop shop in good light, but looking back through my photos I've come to realise how good the X-S10 was/is both for IQ and handling.
After much deliberation over a multitude of APSC options, The X-S10 has won out again and I've ordered a new X-S10 which hopefully will be here soon. I'll be following this thread (and hopefully posting) more avidly for tips/tricks and guidance, and aspiring match some of the fantastic shots that you folks post here.
Good news Simon. Welcome back. The X-S10 is a fine camera.

I'm back (or at least I will be soon). Most likely you haven't missed me though :ROFLMAO:.

I had a brief flirtation with an X-S10 (my first Fuji ICL camera) about 2 years ago, and whilst I very much enjoyed using it, I was suffering from a pang of regret of selling my previous Canon 77D. I ended up buying another 77D before earlier this year flogging all my ILC kit for a Panasonic FZ2000 on the basis of believing I wanted (mostly) one device for all things. However, I now regret that decision - not buying the FZ - it does a fine job as a one stop shop in good light, but looking back through my photos I've come to realise how good the X-S10 was/is both for IQ and handling.
After much deliberation over a multitude of APSC options, The X-S10 has won out again and I've ordered a new X-S10 which hopefully will be here soon. I'll be following this thread (and hopefully posting) more avidly for tips/tricks and guidance, and aspiring match some of the fantastic shots that you folks post here.
I think that we all need to travel various roads toget to a place we are happy. Happiness isnt the same place or state of contentment foreveryone. It is a personal thing so it is good that you have decided at least part of the picture of what works for you.

First day being properly online since xmas. What's everyones thoughts on the Viltrox 75/1.2? I did a silly thing after a few too many and when I got the email from Viltrox I went online and pre-ordered one. I noticed it said there were only 50 on pre-order but mine went through. The crazy thing is I don't own a fuji body to put it on at the minute. So it's either buy a body or pass it on I think. No idea what I was thinking, too many cooking the dinner that day I think :rolleyes:

Also have an X-H2 and some lenses coming on Friday on loan to try as well but the 75 wont arrive before that goes back I don't think. The fuji pull from Nikon is quite strong :ROFLMAO:

First day being properly online since xmas. What's everyones thoughts on the Viltrox 75/1.2? I did a silly thing after a few too many and when I got the email from Viltrox I went online and pre-ordered one. I noticed it said there were only 50 on pre-order but mine went through. The crazy thing is I don't own a fuji body to put it on at the minute. So it's either buy a body or pass it on I think. No idea what I was thinking, too many cooking the dinner that day I think :rolleyes:

Also have an X-H2 and some lenses coming on Friday on loan to try as well but the 75 wont arrive before that goes back I don't think. The fuji pull from Nikon is quite strong :ROFLMAO:
Happy if Santa or you bring me one!

Last edited:

That 75 is on my Radar. Incoming Fuji is your second go isn’t it ? I know you’ve had some difficulty in getting a decent price for your Nikon gear. Maybe this time around.
I know very well the perils of alcohol fuelled purchases….

The reviews of it all seem excellent and it seems like an amazing lens for the price. A lens that I really wouldn't ever need but would still love to own

That 75 is on my Radar. Incoming Fuji is your second go isn’t it ? I know you’ve had some difficulty in getting a decent price for your Nikon gear. Maybe this time around.
Eh? You been spending again....

Trev, you need to follow my 2023 resolution.... Just one more! Purchase, not drink! :eek:
:D :D

Yeah I loaned the X-H2s from fuji and nearly switched, couldn't get a decent price for the Z9 at the time and I do worry about losing the high MP files as I've come to be used to them now. Thought I'd try the X-H2 now as well and see how that compares before deciding what to do, but I might be tempted to run both systems for a bit. We will see, I did enjoy the X-H2s in many ways, just a few things the Nikon system gives you that the fuji doesn't that make me dither a little.

Yeah I loaned the X-H2s from fuji and nearly switched, couldn't get a decent price for the Z9 at the time and I do worry about losing the high MP files as I've come to be used to them now. Thought I'd try the X-H2 now as well and see how that compares before deciding what to do, but I might be tempted to run both systems for a bit. We will see, I did enjoy the X-H2s in many ways, just a few things the Nikon system gives you that the fuji doesn't that make me dither a little.
The handling of the XH2 is near identical to the XH2s. I have mine setup and customised so they are identical for my use.
I havent used my XH2S as much as my XH2 and XT5.

Should also say that notionally the XH2S should be the faster AF performer than the XH2 and XT5 but I havent done a head to head.
My XH2S seemed happy with bees and other insects but I havent been able to test the XH2 and XT5 with insects due to season and weather.

Is it possible to make the focus point on the rear screen brighter or stand out more? I have to press the af toggle switch to find it sometimes. Specifically xt4 & xt3.

Is it possible to make the focus point on the rear screen brighter or stand out more? I have to press the af toggle switch to find it sometimes. Specifically xt4 & xt3.

I don't know about easier to see but you can change it to be red if you change the UI into dark mode (the rest of the UI will take on a red theme too). I think it's under screen settings along with high contrast mode etc. Other than that, I don't think there's much you can do.

I don't know about easier to see but you can change it to be red if you change the UI into dark mode (the rest of the UI will take on a red theme too). I think it's under screen settings along with high contrast mode etc. Other than that, I don't think there's much you can do.
Great tip. Didn’t know that.

Thanks for that tip! Really wish the lines of the focus box on the screen were a bit better defined. I appreciate using zone would make it easier to see but sometimes I feel more confident using single point.

I've hit the slump (a couple of months now) and don't much enthusiasm to take the camera out, but saying that I did get a a few in NZ, but for a change it was nice to focus on family time.

View attachment 377888
View attachment 377889

Nice shots. Love that first one.

The slump gets us all at some point. I'm taking a little break at the moment because I can feel it coming on and I have a trip to glencoe coming up at the end of the month... Fingers crossed for lots of snow!

I used to work in Brindley Place in the offices above Free Radio. Or whatever they are call now.
I was sent to work around Birmingham around 10 years ago when I was getting more interested in photography. I had the opportunity to occasionally go for a wander on lunch breaks or whilst waiting for traffic to clear so I could go home and got to enjoy being around the place i hated any city centres prior to this, I do miss it sometimes

Back