The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Chers David glad you popped along know you use one at times.

IMO 1/8th is too weak, 1/4 is about right, gives decent halination for night shots, and softens images in anice way for daylight shots without losing too much detail. IMO a Black version is essential as it reatins much more contrast than a regular pro-mist.

There are some images in one of my flickr albums - some X100F, some GFX - https://www.flickr.com/photos/89667368@N05/albums/72157717909652568/with/51555859625/ mainly night/dusk shots though.

For a random density filter :ROFLMAO: - but it can work to good effect.
I agree, but for the amount of times i`ve used it. Compared to the cost, i`m pretty happy with the results it gives out :)

IMO 1/8th is too weak, 1/4 is about right, gives decent halination for night shots, and softens images in anice way for daylight shots without losing too much detail. IMO a Black version is essential as it reatins much more contrast than a regular pro-mist.

There are some images in one of my flickr albums - some X100F, some GFX - https://www.flickr.com/photos/89667368@N05/albums/72157717909652568/with/51555859625/ mainly night/dusk shots though.
I go and have a look.

Last edited:
You can also make a black pro mist filter with black spray paint. I tried it with a cheap UV filter and some paint I had left over from a project.

You don't spray it straight on, but rather spray in the air and waft the filter through it a second or so later. Do that a few times then test, and build up more if required.

I was pretty happy with it to be honest, but curiosity got the better of me and I wanted to see if a proper one was better, so I got a K&F 1/8.

The 1/8 is perfect for me, barely noticeable during the day save for some super bright highlights, like glints of sunlight on chrome etc. At night, it adds halation without making the photo all about the halation.

The K&F ones are slightly stronger, so the 1/8 one sits somewhere between what others would call 1/8 and 1/4.

Weirdly, I was reading about black mist filters this afternoon, and wondering about trying one. I've been pretty happy with the other K&F stuff I've had, so I might give one a try.

I use these from Amazon on my X100T, I've found them good and easy to fit, I also have some for my X-T2s.View attachment 412726

I've only used Expert Shield screen protectors on my Fujis and have been happy with the quality.

Thank you both. My Sony's spend most of their time in a bag or on a PD capture clip when not actually shooting. I expect the X100F will spend its time around my neck on a strap and I was thinking of it catching on clothing, zips etc

Believe it or not...

The summit is always pretty exciting, but potentially very costly ;)
I do enjoy watching them though.

Firmware updates for the X-H2 and X-H2s are out.
Actually, the new firmware releases yesterday were for
XH2S
XH2
X-T5
X-T4
X-T3
X-S20
X-S10

XF16-55 F2.8

The consistent upgrade across the 7 cameras and lens is "Improved exposure tracking during zoom operation".
Specifically this update relates to improving exposure tracking on those cameras when using the XF16-55 and you need both the camera and lens firmware updates to make use of it.

There are the usual "fixed some other stuff that were not going to tell you about" notes in the readme ;)

Actually, the new firmware releases yesterday were for
XH2S
XH2
X-T5
X-T4
X-T3
X-S20
X-S10

XF16-55 F2.8

The consistent upgrade across the 7 cameras and lens is "Improved exposure tracking during zoom operation".
Specifically this update relates to improving exposure tracking on those cameras when using the XF16-55 and you need both the camera and lens firmware updates to make use of it.

There are the usual "fixed some other stuff that were not going to tell you about" notes in the readme ;)
Just done my T5 and 16-55. All good (y)

Back