The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I wonder how many orders in the backlog are being taken up, and how many people have already got the camera from elsewhere/decided against it.

A lot of those would put an order in because they were caught up in the hype and fan fare and after a cooling off period waiting they come to their senses that they don’t really need one.

One can hate LCE wanting a deposit but at least it remove a lot of those time wasters.

Last edited:
A lot of those would put an order in because they were caught up in the hype and fan fare and after a cooling off period waiting they come to their senses that they don’t really need one.

One can hate LCE wanting a deposit but at least it remove a lot of those time wasters.
I confess I’m one of them

I ordered a silver one mid March from Clifton Camera with only a £5 deposit. I waited patiently for 6 weeks but after seeing the latest expected delivery being August I caved in and bought one from eBay.

The order is still alive and I’ll leave it so. Before cancelling I’ll ask here if anyone wants one at cost.

Jake

X-T50 is £1299 for those interested

X-T50 is £1299 for those interested

This price level is changing the playing field for Fujifilm, I think we have seen the last of the days where we get a new camera released with a 3 figure price tag.

That said we all know that within 6-9 months the X-T50 will be on a cashback/trade in promotion deal...........................................

So how does the X-T50 compare to the X-T5...? Anyone know anything yet?

View: https://youtu.be/yRtHAOTKBB8?si=nzo3y8FzlRWBE5Ad

Personally.....

Pro
Same sensor
IBIS
Added Film sim dial (Although not sure why they can't use the custom dial like in X-S10/20)

Con
No weather seal
1 card slot
Slower burst speed (about half)
EVF not as good as X-T5
Old W126S battery

Should have bought a X-T5 if at photography show if you were waiting for the X-T50.

CrIILV5.jpg

Last edited:
This price level is changing the playing field for Fujifilm, I think we have seen the last of the days where we get a new camera released with a 3 figure price tag.

That said we all know that within 6-9 months the X-T50 will be on a cashback/trade in promotion deal...........................................
That might be me waiting then. Loved the T20 and thought it would be good to finally get a new version... but that price....

£1299 is body only.
Damn. That's a shame.

Having watched a couple of reviews now, the only compelling feature really is the IBIS. That dedicated Film Sim dial is a swing and a miss. I hope for their sake they upgrade the firmware to make it customisable.

Of more interest is that 16-50mm kit lens; looks like a much more manageable size than the 16-80mm. I'd be more tempted by an X-T30II with the new kit lens

Damn. That's a shame.

Having watched a couple of reviews now, the only compelling feature really is the IBIS. That dedicated Film Sim dial is a swing and a miss. I hope for their sake they upgrade the firmware to make it customisable.

Of more interest is that 16-50mm kit lens; looks like a much more manageable size than the 16-80mm. I'd be more tempted by an X-T30II with the new kit lens
£1649 with the 16-50.

Damn. That's a shame.

Definitely hope they make it customisable. It's basically useless to me as it is.

Thoughts on the 23mm f2? I got an itch :ROFLMAO:

Thoughts on the 23mm f2? I got an itch :ROFLMAO:

IMO not as good as either 23mm F1.4 lenses at F2, but if you want a relatively compact lens with WR and not worry about it too much wide open then it will fit the bill. My wife has one on her X-T20, it was better than my X100F at F2, but not as good as my 23mm F1.4 Mk1 at F2 - stopped down its fine.

Last edited:
IMO not as good as either 23mm F1.4 lenses at F2, but if you want a relatively compact lens with WR and not worry about it too much wide open then it will fit the bill. My wife has one on her X-T20, it was better than my X100F at F2, but not as good as my 23mm F1.4 Mkl1 at F2 - stopped down its fine.
Thanks mate.
It would only be mostly f4 and above. I mainly was looking for something small and light. Sometimes the 16-55 can get too lumpy. Plus I have the lovely 35 1.4R for wide open stuff. I did have the 23 1.4 a while ago, but wasn't too keen on the close focussing (or lack of). But as I say, maybe try the older one as I don't need to focus close with it.

Thanks mate.
It would only be mostly f4 and above. I mainly was looking for something small and light. Sometimes the 16-55 can get too lumpy. Plus I have the lovely 35 1.4R for wide open stuff. I did have the 23 1.4 a while ago, but wasn't too keen on the close focussing (or lack of). But as I say, maybe try the older one as I don't need to focus close with it.

No WR on the older one (if thats important)

Thanks mate.
Got the f2 version just to have the old f1.4 as well and if your shooting at f4 and above I can't see the point of getting the old f1.4 one as don't think you see any difference.

tbh I normally have it set to C and use the front dial on the Fuji. It feels a bit like rolling the front dial to fine tune the shutter speed in then.

Which is strange, because on the Sony's I DO use the exp comp dial :ROFLMAO:

Well C gives you +/- 5 stops (even if the EVF only manages to display +/- 3 stops - it’s the way I used the camera as I found the Exp Comp dial quite stiff. On the Leica I have no choice, but then the dial has a perfect German engineered resistance to it!!!!

Back