The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

XT-1 with 18-55

p1422822416-5.jpg

I'm serious, it's a great camera and worth so much more than what you'll get for it if you sell it. Plus there is a school of thought that its a future classic, so consider it an investment :rolleyes:

Last edited:
And if that argument doesn't sway you, give me a couple of hours and I can come up with some man maths that will probably say you'd be mad to sell it lol

And if that argument doesn't sway you, give me a couple of hours and I can come up with some man maths that will probably say you'd be mad to sell it lol

I can see your points Jim but I know from past experience it wouldn't get used, I'll put whatever I get for it towards another lens :)

I've read some articles on the X-T1 and a few of the togs are setting the shutter to mechanical but they don't say why. Can anyone help on this please?

I've read some articles on the X-T1 and a few of the togs are setting the shutter to mechanical but they don't say why. Can anyone help on this please?

Simply because I want to use the dial(s) on the top of the camera and for no other reason. Can't speak for anyone else but I suspect this is the reason.

Rolling shutter/distortion, banding under artificial light, flash usage?

Last edited:
My mind is hazy, but I seem to recollect that some functions just aren't available when even MS+ES is selected. Wish I could remember what they are!

I tried the ES for some street style photography at the Tall ships recently and the results were awful, unless the camera is on the horizontal and completely still the rolling shutter effect is very bizarre.

IIRC it was mentioned around post 6937

actually I knew it was here somewhere and did a search:)

The fancy AF tracking doesn't work with the Electronic shutter active either.

I'm planning my first serious day using the new tracking this weekend at Oulton Park. Any hints or tips from those who have used it already? Any special settings or other working idea?

All youse X shooters; I'm on the lookout for a minty/boxed Fuji XF10-24mm f/4 lens if anyone has one spare for sale please. I've posted this in the wanted section etc...

Thank you for the samples.
I did not use ES at all.
I am not sure that I will in the future either.

Finally get my hands on a nice new (to me) X-T1 I could of got and XT-10 but i like the slightly bigger body and the EVF won it for me.
I am buying it used from Harrisons Cameras which are local to me, it is bundled with the 18-55 lens however that would probably go straight on to the classifieds as im a prime shooter and it would jsut get no use!

I cant wait to get it and enjoy it!

Finally get my hands on a nice new (to me) X-T1 I could of got and XT-10 but i like the slightly bigger body and the EVF won it for me.
I am buying it used from Harrisons Cameras which are local to me, it is bundled with the 18-55 lens however that would probably go straight on to the classifieds as im a prime shooter and it would jsut get no use!

Welcome aboard Lee (y)

Reactions: 33L

I would keep the lens,its a very good one :)

You'll love it and I'm looking forward to seeing some of your images with it Lee.(y)

You might wanna give that 18-55mm a good work out before you part with it, as they aren't a bit like most other kit lenses. "These Ones Are Very Good".:)

George.

I would keep the lens,its a very good one :)

You'll love it and I'm looking forward to seeing some of your images with it Lee.(y)

You might wanna give that 18-55mm a good work out before you part with it, as they aren't a bit like most other kit lenses. "These Ones Are Very Good".:)

George.

Its not the lens im doubting just with my canon gear, i generally shot 35mm, 85mm and 135mm so i am trying to match that up again. If i were to go for a zoom it would be the 10-22mm iircc

i have the 23mm and will put the cash probably to the 56mm at some stage.

Unfortunately the second hand prices for the 18-55 have really bottomed out and what you will get for it barely makes a dent in the price of the 56 or 90 :(

Just sold my 23 the other day as I was buying the 10-24 and also have the X100T so hopefully I can live without it. If I could only have one lens for the X-T1 it would probably be the 23, in other words one of the few I no longer own :D

I'm planning my first serious day using the new tracking this weekend at Oulton Park. Any hints or tips from those who have used it already? Any special settings or other working idea?

I tried it over summer but didn't have a great deal of success. Mechanical shutter only, wide/zone focussing, high performance mode. I made a mistake and left the OIS on while at DTM.

Martin Tomczyk
by theunstoppablegiraffe, on Flickr

DSCF7739 - 2015-07-25 at 10-58-00

Felipe Massa

Eduado Mortara

Valterri Bottas

Its not the lens im doubting just with my canon gear, i generally shot 35mm, 85mm and 135mm so i am trying to match that up again. If i were to go for a zoom it would be the 10-22mm iircc

i have the 23mm and will put the cash probably to the 56mm at some stage.

And the new 90mm should do well for your 135mm :)

I tried it over summer but didn't have a great deal of success. Mechanical shutter only, wide/zone focussing, high performance mode. I made a mistake and left the OIS on while at DTM.
Not much success?
Those look pretty good on my monitor.
Presumably High Speed continuous as well?

@sound_system i never found shooting with OIS on to make any difference to the outcome.

@mickledore i liked using both wide and 3x3 area AF. AF-C and CH modes. What i struggled with was having to shoot JPEG as the need for iso 100 was something i always ran into. I am a RAW shooter and never rated Fuji JPEG's.

Oulton is great, some good angles to be had with some fast parts to boot. Hope you have a good day. :)

bah, went to look at the camera and lens. The lens had a deep swirl of a scratch down the lens and a lighter one else where. Looks like it had been dropped so politely refused and left.

bah, went to look at the camera and lens. The lens had a deep swirl of a scratch down the lens and a lighter one else where. Looks like it had been dropped so politely refused and left.

Bummer..

@mickledore i liked using both wide and 3x3 area AF. AF-C and CH modes. What i struggled with was having to shoot JPEG as the need for iso 100 was something i always ran into. I am a RAW shooter and never rated Fuji JPEG's.

Thanks. I knew you'd done some but couldn't find your post in the thousands in this thread.
I hope to shoot at ISO 200 so that I can have RAW files. We shall see.!!!!

Back