The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I suppose it would, David! After a Cretan measure of Ouzo, thought processes are a little reduced, especially since brane surgery 3 years ago. I'll try to remember it for next year - clear skies are pretty much guaranteed, as is the extremely low level of light pollution (there's a beach very close to the town which gets us well away from even the relatively dim street lights and nothing form many miles to the South other than fishing boats.)

Mike, unless you actually feel a real NEED for something else, I would stick with the 10-24/18-135 pairing. Of the primes, the 56 seems to be the bog's dollox and the 55-200 would complete the slower zoom set nicely should you go that route.

Mike, unless you actually feel a real NEED for something else, I would stick with the 10-24/18-135 pairing. Of the primes, the 56 seems to be the bog's dollox and the 55-200 would complete the slower zoom set nicely should you go that route.

Completely agree my current pair are an excellent combination, which is why I went for those two.

Obviously it's not "need" as in food, shelter and wifi, but something smaller than my current pair to use for social settings where I just want to take the camera and not umpteen lenses, and I've never tried a prime, so that appeals. And then within that, I'd rather something faster than the f3.5 I can current achieve.

Also, MrsF has given permission... :D ;)

Had a wander round Salford Quays last night. Heaving with togs, including a big group seemingly under tuition shooting JPEGs on full auto mode. Internal flash guns popping off all over the place. Why?

Salford at night
by Frank Yates2010, on Flickr

That's a very nice shot Frank, really like the symmetry and the coloured light really gives the shot some impact.(y)

George.

Thanks George. I was a bit disappointed because not too long ago the colours illuminating the bridge used to change after approx 2 minutes. That doesn't seem to happen now so I had to make do with green.

Argh, I have spare cash but buying that when trying to decide whether to sell my camera or not isn't very sensible... Damn GAS!

I think to be fair to the camera you should at the very least treat it to a going away present. A nice new baby prime might just hold your relationship together. And anyway it's not real cash it's "spare cash" in my mind that makes it a free lens and who can say no to a free lens? :cool:

Reactions: ASH
But you are thinking about it.

And if you are thinking about it you must have the money to buy it. If you are thinking about it the money isn't needed for food or wifi. If it's not needed for either of those it's "spare cash" and as I've already explained.. that means it's a free lens :D

Alternatively, you don't have spare cash but have a credit card. That means it's not your money so again it's a free lens :D

For a small fee via paypal I'm happy to reason with any disgruntled wifes/girlfriends/husbands/boyfriends. Just get in touch via PM.

Back