The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just had a look for the new app. Two are showing. One is installed and the other isn't new.
Any clues as as to how to find this new version?

Tripods Tripods Tripods!!!

At the moment I've got two tripods, a redsnapper 283 with rsh12 ballhead and a sirui T005X. The redsnapper is just too big to carry around and I'm not entirely happy with the stability of the Sirui for longer exposures.
I'd thought on trying a mefoto roadtrip as it looks to be a better compromise. But having spent a bit of time researching today I wonder if I'll be entirely happy with it. I've been looking at the 3LT Brian today but not sure if I want or need to spend that much??

My biggest problem is that there are no shops nearby that I can look at or try anything, so hoping for some recommendations.

I've been looking at the 3LT Brian

I use one of those. I like it a lot and it is just about perfect for the Fuji. Any particular feature you're interested in?
Comes with an Arca head and plate as standard,
One leg detaches and becomes a monopod - yes I have done that when officious goons say "No tripods in here"!

I use one of those. I like it a lot and it is just about perfect for the Fuji. Any particular feature you're interested in?
Comes with an Arca head and plate as standard,
One leg detaches and becomes a monopod - yes I have done that when officious goons say "No tripods in here"!

I notice there have been a few versions of this now, the latest being evolution 3 with the mohawk head which I think is a bit heavier than the one it used to come with?

What I would really appreciate if you get a chance is a picture of it folded up beside an X-T1 to give me a better idea of it's bulk.

ETA and I suppose the main question is, is it worth the cost of a lens? (350-380:confused:)

Last edited:
All Fuji XT-1 owner did you get an Shoe-mounted flash unit EF-X8 with your camera i did with mine,but brought another S/H one and didn't come with one,and have been told they never got one with theirs :)

I'll do you a piccies. Will tomorrow do because I'm up to my eyes with guys giving quotes for ripping out the bathroom etc., and SWMBO is in one of her demanding moods.

No idea about comparison with a lens purchase but I thought you had the full range of those?

All Fuji XT-1 owner did you get an Shoe-mounted flash unit EF-X8 with your camera i did with mine,but brought another S/H one and didn't come with one,and have been told they never got one with theirs :)

Yes I got one. Just a little jobbie. Never use it now I've got the Nissin.

I'll do you a piccies. Will tomorrow do because I'm up to my eyes with guys giving quotes for ripping out the bathroom etc., and SWMBO is in one of her demanding moods.

No idea about comparison with a lens purchase but I thought you had the full range of those?

Great thanks, much appreciated (y)

I was going to offer you mine as a freebie/charity donation but they are £50 new. That's damned steep for what it is. You should be getting a refund from the seller.

I was going to offer you mine as a freebie/charity donation but they are £50 new. That's damned steep for what it is. You should be getting a refund from the seller.

Thats what i thought i am just asking for an bit of an refund for the missing flash,but seller is saying he never advertised it as coming with an flash :(

Never checked, but there is a little unopened box so reckon that is the little flash unit

Tripods Tripods Tripods!!!

At the moment I've got two tripods, a redsnapper 283 with rsh12 ballhead and a sirui T005X. The redsnapper is just too big to carry around and I'm not entirely happy with the stability of the Sirui for longer exposures.
I'd thought on trying a mefoto roadtrip as it looks to be a better compromise. But having spent a bit of time researching today I wonder if I'll be entirely happy with it. I've been looking at the 3LT Brian today but not sure if I want or need to spend that much??

My biggest problem is that there are no shops nearby that I can look at or try anything, so hoping for some recommendations.

If you want light and compact, try the 3LT Punks, I have one works well the X cameras.

Had one for a few weeks and sold it on here.

It's very handy, small enough to not notice it in the bag, as much power as you would expect from a small flash, bounce capable and comes with a diffuser. One of the handiest things if you are travelling with it is that batteries can be charged inside the flash using a micro usb lead.

So after all that you probably wonder why I sold it?? o_O

I've got lots of Yongnuo's which I use off camera and I also have a nissin I40. I purchased the Meike for a holiday and the only reason I had to keep it on return would have been to use it attached to the camera via an OC3 lead for TTL macro shots, that's when I discovered that for some strange reason it will not work in TTL mode when using the cable. :(

Thanks Buddy for the comprehensive thoughts. I've got 560III's but would like something small and simple just to throw on and use for parties and things like that.

For the money I may just try one and see how it works.

Yep, I had one with mine. Not sure if it's still shipped with them. Maybe worth checking with Fuji.

Thanks Buddy for the comprehensive thoughts. I've got 560III's but would like something small and simple just to throw on and use for parties and things like that.

For the money I may just try one and see how it works.

For that purpose its ideal and a lot more powerful than the small flash that comes with the x-t1.

Don't know if this helps but the legs will fold over the head so here's a shot like that, though I don't know if you'd ever carry it like that..

_MG_2785
by mickledore on Talk Photography

Can't advise on the head you mention - I don't know which one I have, but it came as fitted.

I suppose the main question is, is it worth the cost of a lens? (350-380:confused:)

Best lens in the world is useless if the camera is waving around like the proverbial outhouse door in a storm

Spend decent money once on a good tripod and head, well worth it for the improved results it brings

Plenty of other similar far east made tripods to choose from, Feisol is one name that gets good reviews

Could go the whole hog and get a Gitzo, have to say don't regret buying mine and cost less than one mid range Fuji lens

Last edited:
Great shot @manualfocus-g , the lighting looks pretty good with a lovely expression on the childs face.(y)

George.

The Tobacco Warehouse in Liverpool was the largest brick building in the world when it was completed in the early years of the last century. 27 million bricks, 30,000 panes of glass and 8,000 tons of steel went into its construction.

For years now it has been boarded up and patrolled by goons in hi-viz jackets. Now it is being converted into upmarket accomodation. They will have to be creative because all the floors are only 7 foot high.

Managed to get in this morning for a trip round before the works are really started. (Don't ask how) Managed to get to the very top some 14 floors up. Here's a shot down onto the Stanley Dock where the boats used to discharge their cargo. It is also the start of the Leeds/Liverpool canal. On the far side is the Titanic Hotel, which has been created out of the old Rum Warehouse. The whole 9 miles of north Liverpool derelict dockland is shortly to be completely refurbished

Tobacco Warehouse
by Frank Yates2010, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi - could some of you give me your opinions on whether the shots I've taken with my Fuji XE2 and 55-200 would have been any better if I had used an XT1 - reason I ask is I keep feeling I need to upgrade as when taking action shots I seem to get a success rate of 5% maybe which is quite depressing.

I know my skill set isn't great but I'm beginning to think I need another camera to help take better images but don't really want to invest in non-fuji products due to cost.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/2015-cycleshow-birmingham-nec-crazy-cyclists.603749/

Any thoughts would be appreciated :)

Hi - could some of you give me your opinions on whether the shots I've taken with my Fuji XE2 and 55-200 would have been any better if I had used an XT1 - reason I ask is I keep feeling I need to upgrade as when taking action shots I seem to get a success rate of 5% maybe which is quite depressing.

I know my skill set isn't great but I'm beginning to think I need another camera to help take better images but don't really want to invest in non-fuji products due to cost.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/2015-cycleshow-birmingham-nec-crazy-cyclists.603749/

Any thoughts would be appreciated :)

What is it about these you're not happy with? Do you want more/less motion blur, sharper images, or something else?

To my eyes (FWIW *definitely* not a sports photographer!) they look pretty good in terms of colour and focus, but from your exif I assume you were on A mode for at least ISO and shutter speed, which has given you a very fast shutter, and hence less blur than I'd prefer. If it was me, I'd start around 1/100 or so and try and get some blurring rather than freezing everything as you might for football or tennis. An XT1 won't help if that's all you're after, but obviously if you're looking for improved AF and/or faster/longer burst then the XT1 might be good, but it's not likely to be a cure-all by itself.

And yes, in my experience it's not unusual to take a couple of hundred shots and only a handful of keepers, particularly if it's a technique that's new to you. Your ratio will get better as you get more experienced.

Last edited:
Hi Mike, those pictures I'm happy with it was just the number of wasted shots and th frustration of getting the perfect shot (to my eyes) and for it to not be as sharp as I'd like or out of focus.

I use the camera in full manual mode as that's how I want to learn and I would loved to have the wheels to blur but then all I got was blurry bikes and cyclists :(

The high ISO was to offset the lack of light but maybe I didn't work out the right combination, I was more concerned about getting a really sharp image.

Actually thinking about your point I guess if I had dropped the shutter speed I could have used a narrower aperture so more in focus.

Sounds like you have a good handle on how to get what you want. Blurred wheels and backgrounds are certainly possible but a lot of practise required as obviously you need to pan to keep the camera moving with the rider & frame so they stay sharp . The motorsport shots from Minnt on here are proof it can be done with an X-E, but I recall him saying you can end up disgarding a lot of shots that don't work just to get a handful of great ones.

Back