The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I'm skirting dangerous ground at the moment... I find myself loving 35mm as a focal length, I always end up there if I zoom in and out until it feels "right". I'm heavily lusting after a 35mm f2 for both results and ergonomics (and looks). I'm considering selling either the 18-55 or 55-200 for it. :-o
However, there is also the "missus' birthday fund" which she knows nothing about.... >:)

This is getting beyond a joke, i really will have to have a clear-out. I think I'll move on my 27mm which I bought for a second time on a whim, it's a great lens, but apart from a dabble in macro I'm not using it.Possibly my 60mm.I'll see how i get on with the 35mm F2 and maybe let my F1.4 go. And possibly my GS XT-1, then my EOS M2 and ef-m lenses, my Fuji WCL. Problem is, if i do move this gear on, GAS will once again rear it's ugly head and I'll buy new, shiny stuff :(

I'm skirting dangerous ground at the moment... I find myself loving 35mm as a focal length, I always end up there if I zoom in and out until it feels "right". I'm heavily lusting after a 35mm f2 for both results and ergonomics (and looks). I'm considering selling either the 18-55 or 55-200 for it. :-o
However, there is also the "missus' birthday fund" which she knows nothing about.... >:)
A friend of mine used to say "deny yourself nothing " lol wise words. You can't win with wives I brought mine to Dublin last Valentines weekend, and again on her birthday weekend in March, stayed in a really nice hotel, nice meals out, was it my fault the 6 nations were on the same two weekends and I'd just happened to get tickets ? It would have been rude not to go. Sheesh ungrateful much :rolleyes:
Do the decent thing, use the birthday fund, buy the F2, take a nice photo or two of her and tell her it makes her look so much younger, win win !:angelic:

A friend of mine used to say "deny yourself nothing " lol wise words. You can't win with wives I brought mine to Dublin last Valentines weekend, and again on her birthday weekend in March, stayed in a really nice hotel, nice meals out, was it my fault the 6 nations were on the same two weekends and I'd just happened to get tickets ? It would have been rude not to go. Sheesh ungrateful much :rolleyes:
Do the decent thing, use the birthday fund, buy the F2, take a nice photo or two of her and tell her it makes her look so much younger, win win !:angelic:
You've convinced me. The family holiday to Tenerife has been cancelled and I'm sure the wife will be delighted with Butlins, complete with nice photographic memories of the trip of course.

You've convinced me. The family holiday to Tenerife has been cancelled and I'm sure the wife will be delighted with Butlins, complete with nice photographic memories of the trip of course.
Ah yes, the nice photographic memories, priceless :rolleyes: It's all a matter of balance, do you know how much handbags cost ?

Ah yes, the nice photographic memories, priceless :rolleyes: It's all a matter of balance, do you know how much handbags cost ?
Yep, though I must admit my ONA was more expensive than the bag I bought her for Christmas [emoji85]

In fairness, her cookery book have grown from a spacious shelf unit, to being piled up on top (to the ceiling!) and in front of it. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of joules/fateface clothing laying around that she "intends to send back".

Still showing 1 in stock. Someone hurry up and take it please [emoji23]

Nope:) & thanks to Andy for the post re stock of 35mm. From reviews the 35 2.0 is a bit better than the 18-55 at 35, anyway thought I`d try it as won` t lose too much if I don`t like it

Nope:) & thanks to Andy for the post re stock of 35mm. From reviews the 35 2.0 is a bit better than the 18-55 at 35, anyway thought I`d try it as won` t lose too much if I don`t like it
Thanks! Guaranteed I'd have stuck that on my credit card before bed tonight if it were still there. You've done me a favour :)

I kinda fancy the 27mm anyway *he tells himself*

Thanks! Guaranteed I'd have stuck that on my credit card before bed tonight if it were still there. You've done me a favour :)

I kinda fancy the 27mm anyway *he tells himself*

I'm going to be selling my 27 as I want another 18!!

A few shots off the X-T1 and 90mm F2 at the East Lancs Railway 1940s weekend.

Love these shots, no.2 is as sharp as a very sharp thing, looks like a cracking lens.

Been ages since I was last in a quarry :( Once half terms out of the way I'll have to see if I can wrangle some photo time from work.

My XE1 arrived today, really makes you appreciate the XT1's refinements doesn't it! Having loads of fun using the pop up flash to throw things across the room though!

Back