The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

New batteries have been developed for the X-T2 but existing batteries are fully compatible. I'm told that the only difference is that the new ones have better heat dissipation properties which has been developed principally because of the heat generated when shooting the new video format.
That's what I've been told by Fuji who should know what's what!
I've got a number of copies of the existing ones and am not thinking of getting any more.
Are there any copies that are better than the others?

Ex-Pro have been fine for me over the last couple of years apart from one that was slightly oversized making it harder to remove from the camera. Could have got swollen from heat or maybe happened in manufacture, gone to the battery recycle bin now.

What's the verdict regards the X-T1 compared to the original X-Pro1 body end result/image wise? I appreciate the X-T1 is much newer and has improved up to date bits n' pieces.
Has the X-T1 a different sensor compared to the X-Pro1 do X'perts know? Cheers

Any advice appreciated.

@Adam Wortman white Ex-Pro in my hands have been better than originals and better than Ex-Pro black

@mickledore I'm sorely tempted too, but it's a lot of ££££ (even for me, it's as much as my X100, IR X-E1, X-E2 and X-T1 are worth combined), hope you're feeling better soon, I'm really busy with work at the moment but we'll have to meet up when you're mobile again

@woodshed3 X-Pro1 is X-trans 1 sensor, X-T2 is X-trans 2

@Adam Wortman white Ex-Pro in my hands have been better than originals and better than Ex-Pro black

@mickledore I'm sorely tempted too, but it's a lot of ££££ (even for me, it's as much as my X100, IR X-E1, X-E2 and X-T1 are worth combined), hope you're feeling better soon, I'm really busy with work at the moment but we'll have to meet up when you're mobile again

@woodshed3 X-Pro1 is X-trans 1 sensor, X-T2 is X-trans 2

Cheers

it's as much as my X100, IR X-E1, X-E2 and X-T1 are worth combined),
But you don't need all of those. As SWMBO would say "How many cameras can you use at once?"
I'm really busy with work at the moment but we'll have to meet up when you're mobile again
I'll have buck up sharpish. We're booked to go to Norway at the end of the month and someone has said that she is going. No ifs or buts!

Great photo's Andy.

Apart from water proofing (which is handy) is there much difference between the XF14 and the XF16 for only 2mm difference? Has anyone experienced these lenses?

Cheer's

Thanks they were all taken with the Samyang 12mm

Great photo's Andy.

Apart from water proofing (which is handy) is there much difference between the XF14 and the XF16 for only 2mm difference? Has anyone experienced these lenses?

Cheer's

The 16mm is amazing, its possibly one of the sharpest lenses I've ever used and is a much smoother lens to focus and use than the 14mm.

Great photo's Andy.

Cheer's
I had the 14mm and now have the 16mm. The 14mm is slightly wider and cheaper, apart from that I would go for the 16mm anytime.

Great photo's Andy.

Cheer's

The 16mm is in the same class as the 23mm which I don't think can be said about the 14mm. The 14mm is still a fantastic lens though as well as being smaller and lighter.

The old city observatory. Last used in 1896 by astronomers before they moved to Blackford Hill.
The reason for moving was to much pollution in the city.

City Observatory by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

That's a great shot Stuart, good sky, nice and sharp, with a very nice mono conversion giving a good full range of punchy tones.(y)

George.

Any recommendations for XT-1 screen protectors ?

I've looked on Amazon but there's mixed reviews for most (as usual).

Ta.

Any recommendations for XT-1 screen protectors ?

I've looked on Amazon but there's mixed reviews for most (as usual).

Ta.

All I ever do with my screens Pete, is to purchase an iPad screen protector from Wall-Mart or some place like that, probably one of the pound stores in the UK and just cut it to size. I've never had any problems and it works a treat.(y)

George.

Just a shot of a Pavement Artist that I was originally going to post in mono, but thought It would probably be better in colour so as to show the colours of his work.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/1600 @ F4, ISO-200, Handheld.
Pavement Artist (1)-20016C by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments welcome.,(y):fuji:

George.
That's just got to be in colour! You've captured his concentration really well!
(sorry for the delay in replying, but busy house-hunting!)

I'm seriously thinking of pre ordering an X-T2, freeing up my X-T1 for conversion to Infra Red (sorry X-E1, you just don't cut it!). So far all i'm seeing are deals with the 18-55 and the power boost grip, neither of which I really want. Any offers with different lenses, the 18-135mm maybe?

I've just purchased an xt1 from a gentleman on here, it should be arriving tomorrow all things well. I'm hoping it'll be good enough to replace my 7D as none of the CSCs I've had to date come even close. That's the EM5, EM10ii, XE1, XPRO1 and A6000.

It's the speed I miss and focus tracking, the xt1 is supposed to be very good and if it's finally "close enough" I'll bin off all the canon kit and Olympus kit and stick with Fuji moving forwards as I love the XPro1, it's an absolute joy to use with fantastic results. The fact it makes you work for your shots is what appeals the most and the primes in most cases are simply stunning!

16-55 (or 18-55) with the 55-200 will do me for zooms and im sure I can pick those up with the sales of the Olympus kit and canon kit with a few quid for a nice holiday to spare!

I've a quick question for you guys, given the sort of shots I take, which Fuji lens should I go for to test the system properly?

Back