The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Here are a few more pics from my visit to the Sky Garden yesterday.

This shot was taken with the 12mm Samyang and X-T2. The lens is great value and really delivers on IQ. Having a tilting screen also enabled me to get this shot as the camera was high over the glass barrier and pointed downwards.

view from SK_shadows.jpg

A hardcore Nikon shooter below - does this look like the 70-200 f4 lens?

view from SK_people3.jpg

view from SK_people4.jpg

This shot was taken with the 12mm Samyang and X-T2. The lens is great value and really delivers on IQ. Having a tilting screen also enabled me to get this shot as the camera was high over the glass barrier and pointed downwards.

View attachment 90184

View attachment 90185

View attachment 90186
1st is really cool. Looks like the 70-200mm f2.8 VRII to me.

Ah ok. He had a proper camera backpack and at least one other 'big' lens in there. I had my X-T2 in a woolly beanie hat and my other lenses I brought (12, 14, 18-55) in other beanies, all in a small worn backpack :).
Yeah, the 70-200mm f2.8 VRII has the three rings (zoom, focus and ?), and the petal shaped hood. The f4 doesn't have a petal shaped hood IIRC. But yep, carrying a Nikon DSLR with high end large lenses really weighs you down, exactly why I bought an XT1 for travel ;)

Am I the only one that spins the tripod foot onto the top of the lens when shooting a large lens handheld? I see so many shooters (including the one in the photo) with the tripod foot still under the lens which I find gets in the way when hand holding. In fact the one on the VRII actually detaches very quickly (just the foot comes off, the ring stays on the lens) and I take mine off when using it hand held. I would have been having words with that bloke in the pic :LOL:

Always leave the foot at the bottom, never bothered me in the slightest. You'll also find me frequently holding the camera body with one hand and the foot with the other when shooting, often to get super smooth pans at silly shutter speeds.

Always leave the foot at the bottom, never bothered me in the slightest. You'll also find me frequently holding the camera body with one hand and the foot with the other when shooting, often to get super smooth pans at silly shutter speeds.
Just me then :LOL: Might try the foot holding technique for panning though to see what results I get ;)

Am I the only one that spins the tripod foot onto the top of the lens when shooting a large lens handheld? I see so many shooters (including the one in the photo) with the tripod foot still under the lens which I find gets in the way when hand holding. In fact the one on the VRII actually detaches very quickly (just the foot comes off, the ring stays on the lens) and I take mine off when using it hand held. I would have been having words with that bloke in the pic :LOL:

The only lens I have atm with a tripod collar is the Sigma 150mm macro. I leave it on, downward, since since the XT-1 will be attached to it, not the other way around, it rests nicely on tables this way. I've had other lenses in the past with collars, like the 70-200 VR II, and mostly left it on that way too. I find it adds a little extra grip when carrying a lens like that plus body attached. If you slip a finger or two between foot and lens, it often feels more secure. Especially if like me you hate using camera straps.

The only lens I have atm with a tripod collar is the Sigma 150mm macro. I leave it on, downward, since since the XT-1 will be attached to it, not the other way around, it rests nicely on tables this way. I've had other lenses in the past with collars, like the 70-200 VR II, and mostly left it on that way too. I find it adds a little extra grip when carrying a lens like that plus body attached. If you slip a finger or two between foot and lens, it often feels more secure. Especially if like me you hate using camera straps.
I use the peak design slide, great comfortable strap. I do sometimes carry it by the tripod foot though if I'm not carrying it for long.

that's real nice graham

I used to carry my camera by just hooking 2 fingers under the tripod foot and letting it swing...

I'm older and wiser now ;)

View attachment 90184

View attachment 90185

View attachment 90186
Really like the first one. (y)

Yeah, the 70-200mm f2.8 VRII has the three rings (zoom, focus and ?), and the petal shaped hood. The f4 doesn't have a petal shaped hood IIRC. But yep, carrying a Nikon DSLR with high end large lenses really weighs you down, exactly why I bought an XT1 for travel ;)

Surely an XT1 with equivalent lens would weigh you down too though? ;)

Surely an XT1 with equivalent lens would weigh you down too though? ;)
It sure would, still not as bad as the Nikon setup. For example, XT1 + 40-150mm f2.8 weighs 1435g, the 70-200mm f2.8 VRI is 1540g by itself. Add it to a D750 and it's 2380g, near enough 1kg heavier.

1kg is a huge differents when you walking around all day with your camera and lens.

Agreed, really noticing the difference in weight v Full Frame lenses, can carry my Gripped XT2, 16-55 and 50-140 in my work backpack without any drama most days, couldn't do that with a Sony.

Agreed, really noticing the difference in weight v Full Frame lenses, can carry my Gripped XT2, 16-55 and 50-140 in my work backpack without any drama most days, couldn't do that with a Sony.

Consider yourself lucky..... A7RII, Grip, 24-70mm f2.8 GM, 70-200mm f2.8 GM and the 85mm f1.4 GM = broken back! :D lol

In my current back pack is D3, 2 spare battery, 28-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, 85mm f1.4 and the SB910 flash. The weight is not great on holiday or walking all day without much shooting.

In my current back pack is D3, 2 spare battery, 28-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, 85mm f1.4 and the SB910 flash. The weight is not great on holiday or walking all day without much shooting.
Why would you cart that around with you? Why anyone would is beyond me :D

When I went to Donington I carted around the D750 + 70-200mm f2.8 VRII (1.54kg) + Tamron 150-600mm VC (1.9kg) + 24-120mm (670g) :eek: Oh, plus a monopod, spare batteries and cards, and lunch ;)

Long story man. I did that 1-2 times and I stop doing it because of the weight. Shooting a few occasional sports job, then that's different. Even the D3 with 28-70 f2.8 I still think is pretty damn heavy if I just carry it around. I use black rapid strap which helps a lot actually lol.

When I went to Donington I carted around the D750 + 70-200mm f2.8 VRII (1.54kg) + Tamron 150-600mm VC (1.9kg) + 24-120mm (670g) :eek: Oh, plus a monopod, spare batteries and cards, and lunch ;)

Aye that's fair enough though. I thought he was saying in his normal go-to camera bag he carts that lot around with him.

Back