The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

SONY A7ii with the 55mm Prime. So what fuji can do that speed ;)

Let say I have been able to shoot with the sony at 1 secs but that the slowest I go most of time just a bit faster.. SO what yours if you can help as I like to know how well the OIS are.. Mind you the primes dont have OIS

I can't believe it, my 2000th post on TP and I'm spunking it on replying to @rookies

What does it matter, even if I got a crisp 1 second shot on the Fuji, or any camera, I could not do it reliably, and I suspect that you can't either, unless you lock all your joints like a robot with the brakes on.

It's a pretty stupid question, and really if that's your deciding factor on whether to change to Fuji or not, I'd suggest that you stay with Sony because it's obviously perfect for your shooting needs.

Why shoot at 1 second without a tripod?? Or why not increase the iSO

I can't believe it, my 2000th post on TP and I'm spunking it on replying to @rookies

What does it matter, even if I got a crisp 1 second shot on the Fuji, or any camera, I could not do it reliably, and I suspect that you can't either, unless you lock all your joints like a robot with the brakes on.

It's a pretty stupid question, and really if that's your deciding factor on whether to change to Fuji or not, I'd suggest that you stay with Sony because it's obviously perfect for your shooting needs.

I shot a -1 once it...

Sorry I spoken!!!

Just got one of those here, in black. Very solid little pod, love the one touch adjustment, holds the XT-1 with the 55-200 at all angles no bother. Bit short, but handy to have in the bag.
Thank you pal will pick one of those up tar

I just been to curry and they got a xt10 and the 16-50mm lens. Had a quick play around with the camera. My verdicts are:

- Abit too small for me so xt1 is defo my choice.
- EVF is so good and i like it. Use EVF from lumix m43 before and i don't like it at all
- build quality is fantastic
- image quality is fantastic too
- i like iso knob ......
- don't like the feel of the 16-50 but it goes well with the xt10 tho.

I'm looking forward to see the xt1 tomorrow.

I just been to curry and they got a xt10 and the 16-50mm lens. Had a quick play around with the camera. My verdicts are:

- EVF is so good and i like it. Use EVF from lumix m43 before and i don't like it at all
- i like iso knob ......

I went and tried both today and preferred the xt10 ... lol...... personal preference I do have small hands though as well lol

I went and tried both today and preferred the xt10 ... lol...... personal preference I do have small hands though as well lol
Cant have small hands if you own a tank of a D3 ;)

Do anyone use a portable mini tripods with there camera with a prime on as like a small one on outing than taking the big mongrotto out

I sometimes use a Gorillapod SLR Zoom under mine with the 10-24 or 18-55 fitted, as well as using a Pod beanbag atop walls, tables, gates, up against lamp-posts etc.. On holiday, I use a small Giottos Vitruvian CF tripod - much smaller and lighter than any of my big Manfrottos.

I sometimes read this thread and punch myself for it.
No one telling you to read the thread that your choice pal... I am only trying to gather information it a open forum.. If I p*** people off then I am sorry..

you don't p*** people off but people have told you what to do mate.... GO AND TRY IT YOURSELF..... I went and tried two bodies today if I had listened to everyone I would have just got a xt1 and lived with it... everyone's different like you can probably handhold stuff a lot better than me as I have a dodgy leg... I think you get yourself in a bit of a mess your more concerned about the specs on paper than actually taking the pics ... don't worry about all that it does your head in after a while just stay or live with what you got ... no right or wrong decision ...only you have to live with it ;-)

:canon::nikon::cobra::fuji::olympus::sony:

I know what you mean, but bear in mind that you can add an L bracket with grip that improves the handling and makes tripod use easier, and just...leave it on. That's what I did and I think it makes it just fine.

If I were a working pro and used the camera every day to earn money, I'd have paid the extra for the X-T1, most likely. Better EVF, better weather sealing.

And if you just like the X-T1 that much better, obviously that's money well spent, cos it makes you happy!

But being on a budget, I preferred to spend the money on the 18-55 kit rather than a more expensive body that basically takes the same pictures. No regrets. YMMV :)

SONY A7ii with the 55mm Prime. So what fuji can do that speed ;)

Depends how steady the photographer is, how they are stood etc. Also depends on your definition of sharp. Personally I'd rather use a tripod than go that slow handheld.

Depends how steady the photographer is, how they are stood etc. Also depends on your definition of sharp. Personally I'd rather use a tripod than go that slow handheld.
Totally. My version of "sharp" is somewhere between Turner and Constable. Then again, my handholding is Gene Wilder in Blazing Saddles :). So on balance I generally go for the tripod if I'm below about 1/15 with OIS. Others can no doubt do better.

Just to add, I typically go down to 1/15th second with the 18-55/2.8-4 and sometimes even the 55-200. But only to get blurry people walking past etc. Any slower is definitely unreliable for me.

That why I am looking to get that small tripod for putting on wall etc.

Is there a minimum shutter speed rules per focal length?

Im pulling my hair out trying to decide on what lens i want. Stuck between the 56mm 1.2 and the 16-55mm F2.8
Both completely different lenses i know. I shoot weddings and would love to incorporate the fuji a bit more. I already have the 35mm F2.0
I dont suppose anyone has any comparison shots of the 56mm against the 16-55 at the 55mm end do they?
If i went for the 16-55mm i would probably sell the 35mm.
Prime all day long!

- i like iso knob ......

If you like the EVF on the XT10 you'll love the one on the XT1. Not only is it larger it seems an all over better image (at least the ones I tried side by side).

If you like the EVF on the XT10 you'll love the one on the XT1. Not only is it larger it seems an all over better image (at least the ones I tried side by side).

And the one on xt2 meant be better still ;)

Been messing about with an adapted Sigma 150mm macro. not the easiest lens to use manually hand-held on the XT-1, and tricky focussing. insanely shallow DOF you can get with it. A lot of practice needed with this set up. But I do love the contrast this lens delivers.

The apple was shot using flash and on a mini tripod, it's the only one here non cropped. The others hand held, natural lighting in the garden. Felt like I'd lifted weights after!

Applenana by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

_DSF0005 by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

_DSF9994 by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

_DSF0002 by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

And the one on xt2 meant be better still ;)
I think it's only better in terms of reduced lag, in terms of clarity and sharpness it's the same isn't it? 0.77 magnification with 2.36m dots.

I think it's only better in terms of reduced lag, in terms of clarity and sharpness it's the same isn't it? 0.77 magnification with 2.36m dots.

Yes think you right on that ground less Black out..

Been messing about with an adapted Sigma 150mm macro. not the easiest lens to use manually hand-held on the XT-1, and tricky focussing. insanely shallow DOF you can get with it. A lot of practice needed with this set up. But I do love the contrast this lens delivers.

The apple was shot using flash and on a mini tripod, it's the only one here non cropped. The others hand held, natural lighting in the garden. Felt like I'd lifted weights after!

Applenana by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

_DSF0005 by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

_DSF9994 by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

_DSF0002 by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Nice results, really like the apple. Didn't realise the lens weighs near on a kilo though!

Im pulling my hair out trying to decide on what lens i want. Stuck between the 56mm 1.2 and the 16-55mm F2.8
Both completely different lenses i know. I shoot weddings and would love to incorporate the fuji a bit more. I already have the 35mm F2.0
I dont suppose anyone has any comparison shots of the 56mm against the 16-55 at the 55mm end do they?
If i went for the 16-55mm i would probably sell the 35mm.

I don't have any comparison shots but I did have the 23 1.4 and 56 1.2 and sold them for the 16-55 2.8. I did want a one lens solution and something wider bus still something that was fast and that produced a decent depth of field. The lens doesn't seem too heavy to me, is very fast and sharp and weather resistant.

However I don't shoot weddings and if I did I would have kept those 2 lenses as the 23 is great in low light and the 56mm produces sublime images. Unfortunately for me my 9 year old runs away when I try to take his photo or pulls a stupid face so the 56mm wasn't getting much use bur for portraits it is excellent.

Back