The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Yeah but wait until the next generation of A7x's comes out. You'll have to be sedated and tied to a chair and have your credit card and computer access taken away to stop you jumping back to Sony :D

XT-3 will be out then too :p

Given the predicted timescales if it is I can see a lot of angst from very upset mk2 owners.

Tbh I know nothing about Sony's line, I had an A200 years ago and switched to Nikon after that. They could bring a new model out today and I'd be oblivious

received the Carl Zeiss Jena 135mm f/3.5 MF prime from @THIRTYFIVEMILL tis eve. Just some obligatory tester shots to get a feel for it. very nice, tidy little lens for it's focal length. I know I'm going to really like this one.

No sharpening added in post, just some light exp adjustments and bit of crop on 2 and 3

Carl zeiss jena 135mm 3.5 tester by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

_DSF2220 by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

_DSF2239 by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Must remember to change the non cpu lens data for next time though.

Last edited:
Sorry - I should be more specific. I was just testing ISO bracketing and noticed only one RAW was produced.

Just tested AE BKT and noted three RAW. Phew!
Yes, if you shoot RAW, ISO bracketing is pointless. Exposure bracketing however is very useful!

received the Carl Zeiss Jena 135mm f/3.5 MF prime from @THIRTYFIVEMILL tis eve. Just some obligatory tester shots to get a feel for it. very nice, tidy little lens for it's focal length. I know I'm going to really like this one.

No sharpening added in post, just some light exp adjustments and bit of crop on 2 and 3

Got a lovely old feel to it that lens, I like it a lot (y)

Yep, like I said, some lenses just do nice things to an image and that's definitely one of them.

Yeah she's a little beauty. Even on the adapter it's it's nicely enough balanced. Any lens feels light enough towards the Sigma macro I had. Think I'll practice some OCF and take some pics of the lens itself too :D

Very true...... will be interesting if/when Fuji start building their own sensors and what it brings to the table.
I see good things for fujis future. I wanted to buy some shares a few years back and they've doubled since then :(

Last edited:
Well i was going to quote everyone for their comments about my situation.
In summary
Yes i got banned for my protractor comment.
I got banned last month not this month as well but that was another story.

No it wasnt for my selfies
Thank you @souldeep for being kind, @Cagey75 for backing me up in my absence. @snerkler for looking out for me.

i'll make it easy for those that feel that my working class background is too offensive for them. Sorry that i am not educated to degree level and that you feel that my blue collar talking is beneath you. There is an ignore button here is the link for those that want it https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/members/nuzik.73520/ignore

I am however genuinely sorry if i caused anyone harm or offensive with my comment about the protractor, i will be on my best behaviour no doubt i will end up saying something stupid and making one liners and even taking the thread off topic as well.

P.s. no i haven't sold my equipment or killed myself or exiled myself either

We all say silly things, sure was banned meself recently. I'm not easily offended so I see it all as banter :) There'a more irritating things about then bad language :cautious:

We all say silly things, sure was banned meself recently. I'm not easily offended so I see it all as banter :) There'a more irritating things about then bad language :cautious:
You mean like incessant and repetitive question asking? [emoji1]

In summary

Thank you @souldeep for being kind, @Cagey75 for backing me up in my absence. @snerkler for looking out for me.

i'll make it easy for those that feel that my working class background is too offensive for them. Sorry that i am not educated to degree level and that you feel that my blue collar talking is beneath you. There is an ignore button here is the link for those that want it https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/members/nuzik.73520/ignore

I am however genuinely sorry if i caused anyone harm or offensive with my comment about the protractor, i will be on my best behaviour no doubt i will end up saying something stupid and making one liners and even taking the thread off topic as well.

Didn't bother me in any way Neil, just a bit of banter in my book as far as I'm concerned, and all helps to make this thread great to be part of.(y)

George.

Last edited:
In summary

I've no issue with your comments, Neil, besides causing my eyes to water.

FWIW Neil, none of the posts have been particularly offensive as such (not sure why being working class would matter in the slightest either).

The thread is a little hard enough to keep track of without all the classroom instrument / self harm chat mind you [emoji23]

In summary

Yes but did you sell the protractor ? ;)

In summary

No offence taken by me Neil banter and having a laugh is part of everyday life. If we didn't then the world would be boring.

Do you fancy swapping your protractor for a shatterproof ruler!!!

Looking for some advice guys. My new 10-24mm appears to have some marks on the aperture ring that will not clean or rub off and are clearly darker than the rest of the surrounding metal (almost as if an oil or lubricant has been spilled on it?).

I've attached a couple of pics trying to best show what I'm talking about. The lens performs really well but can't stop thinking I should take it back to the retailer. Have any of you seen this before? What should I do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ian
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/585302a446f16/20161215_200033.png?
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/585302b460122/20161215_195945.png?

Looking for some advice guys. My new 10-24mm appears to have some marks on the aperture ring that will not clean or rub off and are clearly darker than the rest of the surrounding metal (almost as if an oil or lubricant has been spilled on it?).

I've attached a couple of pics trying to best show what I'm talking about. The lens performs really well but can't stop thinking I should take it back to the retailer. Have any of you seen this before? What should I do?

Ian
If it's brand new like a day old take it back. Id you have had it for a few months I'd leave it a while if it works and maybe look at a warranty claim nearer the end of the warranty ;)

In summary

No offence taken here either, and we all enjoy your pictures, which is the main thing. Well apart from Toby, but there's no pleasing some people :)

No offence taken here either, and we all enjoy your pictures, which is the main thing. Well apart from Toby, but there's no pleasing some people :)
Hell even I don't enjoy my photos! I just try my best and move on.

Anyone got a 50-140mm they may wanna part with? Maybe you want my 56mm in exchange.... ;)

Ian
If you're not happy with it take it back, not as though these things are cheap.

If you've been exposed to some of Neil's selfies he's posted in the past you'd understand why :eek: ;)

I'm just about to send back a 50-140mm + 1.4x TC to Amazon for a full refund.
It was brand new USED with missing bits!!! :eek:

If you're not happy with it take it back, not as though these things are cheap.
That's my only thought tbh. I'm happy enough with it, but for the price should it not be perfect?

Essentially, my concern is whether it would effect the resale value or not.

I say they weren't all exposed but a little look on my flickr will show otherwise!!
But I don't have anyone else to take photos of, well my kids but hell they don't sit still
For anyone reading this, don't do it. You've been warned ;)

That's my only thought tbh. I'm happy enough with it, but for the price should it not be perfect?

Essentially, my concern is whether it would effect the resale value or not.
I wouldn't settle for it, and I would expect to pay less if buying used. But I know I'm very picky ;)

I wouldn't settle for it, and I would expect to pay less if buying used. But I know I'm very picky ;)
My thoughts exactly. I need to go into town soon anyway tbh, may take it with me and see what they have to say as it's not even 3 weeks old.

My thoughts exactly. I need to go into town soon anyway tbh, may take it with me and see what they have to say as it's not even 3 weeks old.
The only issue I can see is that you're not in your 14 day no quibble returns, and can you prove that it was like this at the time of purchase as 3 weeks is quite a while to take to notice this in the eyes of the retailer. However, it could also be the first opportunity you've had to go back ;)

The only issue I can see is that you're not in your 14 day no quibble returns, and can you prove that it was like this at the time of purchase as 3 weeks is quite a while to take to notice this in the eyes of the retailer. However, it could also be the first opportunity you've had to go back ;)
It's spotless otherwise. As you say, first time it's been out the box ;)

Back