The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Are instagram links allowed to be posted? A bit lazy to open a new flickr...

Here's one from a few test shots I fired off the other day, first time using off camera flash, kinda just fluked this one. She wasn't posing, she was infact sat across the room while several of us were just chatting and I was messing with the camera... :)

Tests by jimmyjamjoejoe, on Flickr
Nice capture, which flash are you using ?

I need to get my backside into gear and start using my Fuji gear! :D
These photos are lovely.

Rumors are that once the Fujinon 80mm f2.8 WR OIS Macro (1:1) has been released this year, the next lens to go on the roadmap is the Fujinon 8-16mm f2.8 WR :eek: :D

I think Fuji need to focus on getting a decent Flash system out as this seems to be a weak area for them.
The EF-X500 is nice but its over-priced (£450) and uses optical wireless technology, plus you'll need 3 of these units to have a two flash off-camera lighting setup.

Last edited:
Rumors are that once the Fujinon 80mm f2.8 WR OIS Macro (1:1) has been released this year, the next lens to go on the roadmap is the Fujinon 8-16mm f2.8 WR :eek: :D

I think Fuji need to focus on getting a decent Flash system out as this seems to be a weak area for them.
The EF-X500 is nice but its over-priced (£450) and uses optical wireless technology, plus you'll need 3 of these units to have a two flash off-camera lighting setup.

Just use Yongnuo flashes ... you can get 3 + a command unit for less than £200. They'ever bit as powerful as Nikon flashes, and the ability to control them from the camera means manual flash is a breeze. I plan to get that set up some time. I have the old original YN-560 still, and it's all I need for now. Fires just fine using cheap triggers from the XT-1.

Nissin i40 for me... Pocket power!
I have owned Nissin for my Sony system and the worked wonderfully but I would like HSS so holding out.
Once Nissin have HSS I may go down this route again.

2x i60a Flashes
2x PS8 Flash PSU's
1x Air1 Commander

A shot of an Epiphone Dot 335 tailpiece. Shot in my studio using a black paper background and three studio flash heads each with a largish softbox fitted.

X-T2, 105mm Micro Nikkor Lens, 1/125th @ F11, ISO-200, Multi Flash.
DOT 335 Tailpiece (1)-03598 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y):fuji:

George.

A shot of an Epiphone Dot 335 tailpiece. Shot in my studio using a black paper background and three studio flash heads each with a largish softbox fitted.

X-T2, 105mm Micro Nikkor Lens, 1/125th @ F11, ISO-200, Multi Flash.

George.

That's nice George, really like that...

Perfection [emoji106]

Thank you kindly Sir, really appreciate your comments.(y)

"It don't sound too bad either on good day" :)

George.

Having owned the XT-2 for a short while now and judging on past firmware upgrades Fujifilm have released for the original X100, XT1, X-Pro-1/2 etc, its pretty safe to say that Fuji tend to put out some impressive firmware upgrades.
Since the X-Processor Pro is also using the Fuji GFX50s its also safe to assume that this Processor is capable of way more in the XT-2.

So what would you Fuji XT-2 folks want in the next major firmware for the XT-2?

- RGB Histrogram (like GFX)
- Colour Chrome (like GFX)
- In camera batch processing (RAW)
- In camera Copyright for EXIF data
- Improvement to Face and Eye-AF detect to enable it to use both phase and contrast detect system including use in AF-C mode (like Sony A7RII)
- Additional AF points / arrangement options
- Allow HSS to function with Nissin Air 1 system
- AF system bug fixes / tweaks

Having I missed anything?
I shall be sending this list over to Fujifilm UK.......

Hardware wise I would like Fujifilm to release the following this year.

Fujinon 80mm f2.8 WR OIS (1:1) Macro
Fujinon 8-16mm f2.8 WR OIS
Better Fuji Flash System with RF.

Cheers,

Riz

Last edited:
Having owned the XT-2 for a short while now and judging on past firmware upgrades Fujifilm have released for the original X100, XT1, X-Pro-1/2 etc, its pretty safe to say that Fuji tend to put out some impressive firmware upgrades.
Since the X-Processor Pro is also using the Fuji GFX50s its also safe to assume that this Processor is capable of way more in the XT-2.

So what would you Fuji XT-2 folks want in the next major firmware for the XT-2?

- RGB Histrogram (like GFX)
- Colour Chrome (like GFX)
- In camera batch processing (RAW)
- In camera Copyright for EXIF data
- Improvement to Face and Eye-AF detect to enable it to use both phase and contrast detect system including use in AF-C mode (like Sony A7RII)
- Additional AF points / arrangement options
- Allow HSS to function with Nissin Air 1 system
- AF system bug fixes / tweaks

Having I missed anything?
I shall be sending this list over to Fujifilm UK.......

Hardware wise I would like Fujifilm to release the following this year.

Fujinon 80mm f2.8 WR OIS (1:1) Macro
Fujinon 8-16mm f2.8 WR OIS
Better Fuji Flash System with RF.

Cheers,

Riz
In all honesty, I wouldn't make use of any of those features. The camera is fine as it is, but then, I'm very old-school and I don't use most of the tricks it already can perform. I just take photos. But extra features do sell cameras, so I wouldn't deny them.

I suspect - In Camera Copyright will come as a firmware upgrade since it is available on the X100F

RGB histogram would be nice but its not a must have.

One thing that should be borne in mind is that although the processor is the same in the GFX, the GFX will run a lot slower as it has a lot more image data to process/move about.

The 8-16mm will not be cheap or compact. It will be interesting to see if Fuji do anything to sort out the inevitable optical distortion

Although I'm not a flash user, I can see that better Flash solutions are required.

As my 14mm has now fallen out of use with the acquisition of the 10-24mm, it's up for grabs in the classifieds.
Alan, what made you go for the 10-24 after the 14? I am looking to rent a lens to complement my 35/f2 on a trip to Cuba. Currently looking at those two lenses so I'd appreciate any thoughts!

The way I see it the 10-24 gives me more flexibility, but the 14mm is half the weight which might be useful!

Alan, what made you go for the 10-24 after the 14? I am looking to rent a lens to complement my 35/f2 on a trip to Cuba. Currently looking at those two lenses so I'd appreciate any thoughts!

The way I see it the 10-24 gives me more flexibility, but the 14mm is half the weight which might be useful!
You'd be pleasantly surprised at how light the 10-24mm feels in hand. Looks far heavier than it actually is imo.

I went down the same route. My 14mm was great but found myself wanting to go a bit wider in many occasions (having got used to the coverage I had with my Nikon 14-24mm). Also, the VR is always a bonus.

In all honesty, I wouldn't make use of any of those features. The camera is fine as it is, but then, I'm very old-school and I don't use most of the tricks it already can perform. I just take photos. But extra features do sell cameras, so I wouldn't deny them.
Agreed. One thing that bugs me about my X-T2 is the very limited magnification in play-back. Mine only seems to do about 2x magnification - is that normal for the X-T2 and if so it should go on the bug-fix list!

Agreed. One thing that bugs me about my X-T2 is the very limited magnification in play-back. Mine only seems to do about 2x magnification - is that normal for the X-T2 and if so it should go on the bug-fix list!
A way round this is, as long as you record raw + jpeg with jpegs going to a card in slot 2, is to switch over to the jpeg card for magnified viewing. To do this, double-click on the centre of the joystick when in playback mode and select Slot 2.

Back