The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Superb stuff Glen.

But why can't I get my Fooj photos to look as good as these?

Is it my processing or should I set my camera up a little differently.

Don't get me wrong I'm loving the XT2 experience but I'm struggling on the processing. I'm using the same workflow as I used on the D750 but there's something I'm missing or not getting the hang of.

I expect it'll all fall into place in the end.
Maybe he isn't processing them and letting the experts at Fuji do it. That's what i do 99% of the time. :)

Last edited:
Superb stuff Glen.

Don't get me wrong I'm loving the XT2 experience but I'm struggling on the processing. I'm using the same workflow as I used on the D750 but there's something I'm missing or not getting the hang of.

The sharpening process is definitely different if you use Lightroom.

Also, as above, the Fuji JPGs are superb. I shoot RAW and JPG and adjust the RAW file to match, then push and pull to get the most i can out of the file. Unless I'm using a film plugin of course!!

There were some XE2's on Fuji refurb site last night for £237.50 with the PAYPAL12 code.

I nearly hit the button but didn't because Minnt wants me to get a Nikon. (I think he's lonely)

Is there more than one DF in circulation then? Never seem to see anyone actually using one :) They must all be up mountains trying to autofocus a landscape ;)

Superb stuff Glen.

If you want to get the best from raw and lightroom, try Iridient x-transformer. You can try it for free. It sharpens then you can import as a dng into lightroom and still use fuji/lightroom profiles etc. You can then still use lightroom sharpening too if you want to and use the masking to suit. I use more detailed and low or medium sharpening with no noise or colour reductions on xtransformer and it works well, then import into LR and go from there.

http://www.iridientdigital.com/products/xtransformer.html

Great clean, sharp, shots.

Thank you :)

Glen, these captures are as always........EXCELLENT! Those Fooji colours are simply sublime to be honest...!

STUNNING

Regards;
Pete

Many thanks again Peter :)

Superb stuff Glen.

Mainly shoot RAW now with the little Fuji or if not jpeg with Velvia preset.

Think the fact a lot of the bikes i shoot are very vibrant in the first place and have been lucky with the sun being out aswell.

Have capture one Pro 10 i have been playing with but still prefer using lightroom CC along with Photoshop and the Nik software pluggins that are now free.

Still push Clarity,vibrance and saturation sliders up 10,7 and 5 in that order and have found they need a fair hit on the sharpen slider compared to my Canon stuff so dont be afraid to go to the right with it ;-)

The RAW's seem to handle pulling the shadows up a lot without creating noise so that gets a good tweek and then even out the highlights.

Last bit for me is across into Photoshop for levels as in setting my black and white points correctly and a bit of curves adjustment just to finish off.

Hope that helps.

Is there more than one DF in circulation then? Never seem to see anyone actually using one :) They must all be up mountains trying to autofocus a landscape ;)

There's another one - Gazmorton2000 has one at the moment - but he's seen the light and he's getting shot of it in favour of film kit. Possibly the only way to get Velvia colours without using the preset in the digi bodies! (Although Gareth usually shoots on Portra IIRC - he's a wedding photographer.)

The partner has said the Fuji cameras are too big and wants a point and shoot...Well here's to more googling.

The partner has said the Fuji cameras are too big and wants a point and shoot...Well here's to more googling.

Don't discount the X70, although fixed lens, it does have a couple of digital zoom options, and is the only X camera that is truely pocketable

Don't be tempted with a s/h XF1, there are a lot of known issues (and well internet documented) with this camera.

Don't discount the X70, although fixed lens, it does have a couple of digital zoom options, and is the only X camera that is truely pocketable

Don't be tempted with a s/h XF1, there are a lot of known issues (and well internet documented) with this camera.

To be honest I'm probably going to get a G9x for her great little camera for 300 or cheaper for a used one.

There were some XE2's on Fuji refurb site last night for £237.50 with the PAYPAL12 code.

I nearly hit the button but didn't because Minnt wants me to get a Nikon. (I think he's lonely)
He's lonely for a reason !! :rolleyes:

Does the fact I own a Sony A7II already make a difference [emoji23]

In your opinion just as good as each other but not worthy of a switch so to speak?

Oh if you have one already then no I probably wouldn't change, from what you mentioned you want to shoot I don't think you could go wrong with either of them.

Have you looked at the size and cost of the Sony FE (FF) lenses :D Full-Frame has its disadvantages too. ;)
Ahh you missed the subtle inference in my post. I was preempting the usual Sony owner response that a cropped sensor could never match a full frame one, certainly regarding IQ and noise. Not an argument I subscribe to, well certainly not in real-world situations anyway :).

Yes David, I do miss the Nikon from a purely zoom in 100% pixel peeping standpoint.

But I love the Fuji colours.

If I had the money I'd run 2 systems.

After a few beers last night at 11:45 (yes the missus is away) I found myself looking at Canon 5D MKIII's.

Madness.

It's a valid point...

:D
So, not a Sony owner but a Nikon one, I suppose you could be forgiven seeing as you secretly lust after another Fuji. Why else would you still be loitering around here :)

So, not a Sony owner but a Nikon one, I suppose you could be forgiven seeing as you secretly lust after another Fuji. Why else would you still be loitering around here :)

I'm off work and bored so...

Yes David, I do miss the Nikon from a purely zoom in 100% pixel peeping standpoint.

After a few beers last night at 11:45 (yes the missus is away) I found myself looking at Canon 5D MKIII's.

Madness.

That is madness.

Madness.

Thats not as bad as me, I was looking at the Fuji GFX50s :police:

But the cost of everything would make up for that...........

This is true, IQ does look stellar though... and while I know in here it sacrilege but no X-Trans landscapes would be amazing!
And while my wallet would be very light, the GFX50 and 32-64 is actually smaller and lighter than my K1!!!

In the Yorkshire Dales, as in many parts of rural Britain, it was the custom of the Molecatcher to hang his victims along a fence to prove to the farmer, who paid him per mole, how many he had caught and despatched. X-T2 plus 18-55mm
Moleman's Tally by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

Last edited:
Just got a xt2,can't find out how to change through the manual focus modes I.e peaking,split image etc.can anybody advise.thanks very much.

Like the others say but without being quite so smug :)

Hope it works out for you and these guys usually are pretty nice and helpful

Last edited:
Back