The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Like wise, i even keep the plastic bag that the lens comes in. The only thing I would throw away is the plastic screen protector on the LCD on the cameras.

I just traded in my 35L, box, plastic bag, even the service invoice from Canon Elstree showing the work done in 2011 on the lens. The first thing I do when i get a lens or camera is get the lens out, put it in my Pelican case and put the box away. I don't even bother taking the strap out of the plastic bag, or that pouch the lens comes in. They are all sealed and then get put away and the first thing I do is put a UV filter on it and then never unscrew again.

I can literally put the lens as new condition when I come to sell it...the only thing I would perhaps call it used is the lens hood. Not a problem, just get a new one and you wouldn't be able to tell after that.
:plus1: I keep the screen protector as well.

Means you won't be able to sell it on here.
It's easier to sell to MPB or LCE than deal with the precious ones who insist on boxes in pristine condition. What do they do with them? Take them down the pub?
For those of us that need every penny when trading up, a few extra pounds makes all the difference. If your in a position to not have to worry about it that's fine. When I traded in my T1 for the T2 it was how I bought it new. Bags/raps everything. I would like to think whoever bought it appreciated it. :)

Boxes are light so are easy and safe to keep in the loft (if you have one.) Handy to keep the receipts in as well, just in case! When I've traded stuff in, I've had between 5 and 10% more for it since it's been boxed (with all inserts, papers etc.) than if it were "naked". Still got all the Fuji kit I've ever bought! Can't bring myself to flog it on, even the few lenses I never use these days!

Road map.
Eastbourne 2016
This was taken using my first fuji - X-T10 and a 27.
It was really small set-up that I kind of miss.
It's not like the X-T1 is big, but with a 18 -55 on it, it's not a pocket set -up :)

View attachment 100404

That's a very nice portrait shot Sir, well composed, lovely expression, and a good mono conversion.(y)

George.

JJC EC-XTLIIG Eye Cup

I don't normally cross post from one forum to another, but I saw a post on these on another forum and thought that it would of be interest here, apologies if the details have already been posted here. I have also added my comments posted there.

My eyecup arrived yesterday and although it was larger than I anticipated, when fitted to my X-T1 it seemed to dwarf it :), it did completely exclude any extraneous light. However I did find that, as remarked upon by another poster, the rubber was quite firm around the edge and as my eyes are quite deep set it felt uncomfortable.

I examined it closely and realised that the rubber on the outside was softer than that on the inside and it appeared that it could be reversed by removing the mount and putting the hood on the other way around. I did this and found that not only did it work as well regarding light exclusion, but it was also much more comfortable against my face than before. I've attached a couple of photos to show how it looks off and on the X-T1.

JJC-Eyecup-1.jpg

JJC-Eyecup-2.jpg

Last edited:
Just pulled the trigger for the used 56mm f1.2 from Harrison camera for £600. It was listed as excellent condition with box, front/rear caps and lens hood. It comes with 12month warranty too along with 14 return if I'm not happy.

JJC EC-XTLIIG Eye Cup

I don't normally cross post from one forum to another, but I saw a post on these on another forum and thought that it would of be interest here, apologies if the details have already been posted here. I have also added my comments posted there.

My eyecup arrived yesterday and although it was larger than I anticipated, when fitted to my X-T1 it seemed to dwarf it :), it did completely exclude any extraneous light. However I did find that, as remarked upon by another poster, the rubber was quite firm around the edge and as my eyes are quite deep set it felt uncomfortable.

I examined it closely and realised that the rubber on the outside was softer than that on the inside and it appeared that it could be reversed by removing the mount and putting the hood on the other way around. I did this and found that not only did it work as well regarding light exclusion, but it was also much more comfortable against my face than before. I've attached a couple of photos to show how it looks off and on the X-T1.

View attachment 100417

View attachment 100418
sorry, but that looks ridiculous:D, i know looks dont matter its how it works but that's pushing it:p it must be bigger that a sony rx100 on its own:D

Road map.
Eastbourne 2016
This was taken using my first fuji - X-T10 and a 27.
It was really small set-up that I kind of miss.
It's not like the X-T1 is big, but with a 18 -55 on it, it's not a pocket set -up :)

View attachment 100404
Nice shot Sean, the conversion suits.

To be fair the XT-1 with the 27mm is quite a compact outfit.

Nice shot Sean, the conversion suits.

To be fair the XT-1 with the 27mm is quite a compact outfit.
Thanks, Steve. I have been thinking about buying one again, which has prompted this look at older pictures.

I had one of those Hoodman eyecup things on a Canon 5D MkII, didn't get on with it at all

I just realise I still got 4x Yongnuo RF603N wireless trigger in my camera bag. They are left over from my Nikon kit. I don't have any flash for my Fuji at the moment, will add a Fuji EF-42 or something similar later. Do my yongnuo wireless trigger works on my fuji or do I need to buy a new set for my Fuji XT1?

Also I realise fuji got 2 different EF-X20 flash. Are they any good? I always feel the big flash gun will look stupid and heavy on the XT1.

Last edited:
I just realise I still got 4x Yongnuo RF603N wireless trigger in my camera bag. They are left over from my Nikon kit. I don't have any flash for my Fuji at the moment, will add a Fuji EF-42 or something similar later. Do my yongnuo wireless trigger works on my fuji or do I need to buy a new set for my Fuji XT1?

Also I realise fuji got 2 different EF-X20 flash. Are they any good? I always feel the big flash gun will look stupid and heavy on the XT1.
I had four Canon 580 EXII flash guns left over from my Canon days. They worked perfectly well with the T1/T2 bodies but only in manual mode. No TTL. Didn't worry me because I was only using them off camera. I fired then by using cheapo YN triggers. Either a pair of the 603 Mk2; or the 622 with a TX on the hotshoe if I wanted more control. Worked well with no complaints.

My photography has changed so I've just sold them to MPB and now just have a solitary Nissan i40 which does do TTL and seems good value for money.

RF 603 poverty wizards work fine, have to be the mk2 versions though with the trx mode
I use them in manual with Yongnuo basic flash guns, fire in tandem and getting the settings right is easy enough with a bit of trial and error

Do have a EF-42, gets about as much use as the TTL flash did when I used Canon, that would be once every now and then to see if it still works

Last edited:
Loving the mono conversations! Great shooting :)

Thank you :)

I forgot how much I like Acros.

Totally getting back into it, does help that the wee lad just seems to be loved by the camera though

Well after a 9 mnth excursion into M 4/3 land I am somewhat predictably back with Fuji after picking up an X-T20 from these here classifieds...

I need a zoom lens so once again have to decide between the 16-50 and 18-55 !

Does anyone on here use the 16-50 on the T20 or the X-T2 ? Just wondering if it was 'good' enough to use on the 24 mp sensor ?

thanks

Well after a 9 mnth excursion into M 4/3 land I am somewhat predictably back with Fuji after picking up an X-T20 from these here classifieds...

I need a zoom lens so once again have to decide between the 16-50 and 18-55 !

Does anyone on here use the 16-50 on the T20 or the X-T2 ? Just wondering if it was 'good' enough to use on the 24 mp sensor ?

thanks
I genuinely can't see a single reason to go with the 16-50 other than cost. You've a great camera, put some quality glass on it ;)

The 16-50mm is pretty good in terms of optics but is build in plastic, i would personally go for 18-55 simply because is build in metal.

the extra 2mm - lighter ?
I'd sooner the speed and better low light performance of the 18-55mm over 2mm st the short end (I'd rather zoom with my feet than bump up the ISO to compensate for a smaller maximum aperture).

What's the difference in weight? Can't be that much surely, and I prefer the more solid feel of the metal vs plastic).

Back