The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

My first time inside a Mosque, which I found very interesting/educational. This was taken from the floor [I was sat on the carpet] and though the centre had great light, this man was in the shadows, in near darkness. I had taken a few shots previous using OCF and spur of the moment, didn't have a chance to change settings. So this is a huge bump in post with dodge & burn to help the man stand out a little, I was pleased how well the RAW file held up

XT-1, 35mm f/1.4 @F2, 1/180, 250 ISO

At pray by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Last edited:
Bad news
@Thunderbird010
@ChrisH
@robsea

Saturdays' trip round the Fire Station has been cancelled because filming is taking place. He is very vague about when the next trip will be and doesn't mention Sunday.
He isn't offering refunds, has merely told me to treat my booking as a voucher for some other tours that he might put on in the future.
All a bit iffy. I've asked for a refund and am off to Paypal to get a refund.
Don't know what this means for next Sunday. This is short notice - he must have known some time in advance.

@mickledore, like you I have non refundable train tickets for the 7th also. Even if the fire station tour is cancelled I will come up and have a wander around the city.

Not good, I'm out at work but will be demanding a refund of PayPal. Will still meet up in Manchester though. Too dodgy for my liking.

Just checked the website and the PayPal/ tour date link has been removed. Wonder what's going on.

Dear Frank,
I have been informed that there is filming taking place at London Road Fire Station this weekend that prevents access for tours. There will be access towards the end of the month and in June.
I sincerely apologise but this is out of my hands.
Please hold the tickets until the later dates which I will announce within the week or treat them as gift vouchers for any of my other tours here: http://www.jonathanschofieldtours.com
On Saturday at 10.30am there is a fascinating tour around the beautiful Principal Hotel, a terracotta wonder from 1893 and the former Refuge Assurance Company: http://www.jonathanschofieldtours.com/exclusive-the-principal-hotel-formerly-the-palace-hotel.html
You would be most welcome to join that tour.
On Saturday 6 May the Principal Hotel tour is repeated and there is also this tour around Manchester's most charming building: http://www.jonathanschofieldtours.com/exclusive-chethams-library-and-college-house.html
Apologies once more,

Jonathan

Above is the e-mail I received. He says access towards the end of the month (presumably May?) and in June, but nothing about early May. That is worrying.
I suspect next Sunday might be cancelled. I'm on fixed trains so cannot re arrange my timings, or get a refund.
Would it be worth one of you who have booked tickets dropping him a line? I'm on a ticket with @ChrisH so he doesn't have my name.

Chris...on Saturday my train gets in at 12:02 and return leaves at 15:56. Fancy a meet and a recce round you know where?

Great capture George, he looks deep into his music :)

Thank you kindly Sir, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.(y)

"The particular band consist of a Dad & Two Sons, the drummer is one of the sons. They do quite a bit of street playing around the Kent area and they are extremely good"

George.

@mickledore yes for the meet. I will contact the guy later when I get home. I think as long as I have a guarantee of a visit and some more info on dates I might hold on. It's a place I've wanted to visit for years and it might be worth it. Having said that I'm not the one who's having a knee op so I'll pass on all info I get.

No Chris. Pay attention.
I was going this Saturday 29th with SWMBO. That has been cancelled.

The four of us are/were going next Sunday 7th May.

You and I are meeting at Piccadilly at approx noon this Saturday. We are going to have a recce of a certain place that could be of interest.

You are going to find out if next Sunday's meet is still on. Even if it is off Rob is still coming up from Brum, I still intend to travel and Andrew will turn up. If it's off you owe me £10. I've had a full refund for this Saturday.

Hate to be a party pooper but there is a Talk Locations forum, would you mind taking you location discussion over there.

Ta :)

Hate to be a party pooper but there is a Talk Locations forum, would you mind taking you location discussion over there.

Maybe ask the mods for your very own "Last of the summer whine" thread for all your gossiping and chit chat ;)

If the millstones trip ends up during the week please include me in the pm, ta chaps

While I'm at it, still want definites for the Estuary Sea Forts boat trip, it's here https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/thames-estuary-sea-forts-poll.646920/

Last edited:
You and I are meeting at Piccadilly at approx noon this Saturday. We are going to have a recce of a certain place that could be of interest.

Got a feeling I know where this might be

We are talking about going out with our Fuji cameras. This is a Fuji thread.
I will now watch every post you make and if there is any mention of anything that is not directly related to the thread title I will let you know.
That means X-T1, X-T2 and X-T10 only. Don't think of mentioning locations, lenses, printers or anything else. The thread is about those these bodies only.
Got it?
I'm watching.

We are talking about going out with our Fuji cameras. This is a Fuji thread.
I will now watch every post you make and if there is any mention of anything that is not directly related to the thread title I will let you know.
That means X-T1, X-T2 and X-T10 only. Don't think of mentioning locations, lenses, printers or anything else. The thread is about those these bodies only.
Got it?
I'm watching.
Lol your such a harsh man

Today, in spite of a chest infection, I'm a very happy man
My new X-T2 arrived today, so together with my X-Pro2 & X100f , I've now got everything I need even though I'm now stoney broke, although I'm waiting for MPB to transfer the money they paid me for my Canon gear!

Same applies to the caving trip, even looked up the train to Dent, but can't get there before midday
Well...if you are desperate and you can get to Liverpool the day before and then back home from Preston the day of the trip there is a slight possibility that you could stay here. Have to run it past SWMBO first. Mention it in the thread...Chris has lots of contacts in the area so might be able to help.

edit...Dent station is a long way from where we are going. It's a long way from everywhere!

Last edited:
@tijuana taxi, the millstones trip will be mid-week, as I'm rarely available at weekends at the moment. I'm currently thinking w/c 8th May, I'll post a thread up in Meeting Place in next couple of days, since @mickledore volunteered me to organise it!!! Can you get to Grindleford by train (easily?) you don't have to answer that here, as it would be outside the 'thread parameters' !!!!

:fuji: though I'm showing a bit of :olympus: at the moment, but that's temporary!!!

@tijuana taxi, the millstones trip will be mid-week, as I'm rarely available at weekends at the moment. I'm currently thinking w/c 8th May, I'll post a thread up in Meeting Place in next couple of days, since @mickledore volunteered me to organise it!!! Can you get to Grindleford by train (easily?) you don't have to answer that here, as it would be outside the 'thread parameters' !!!!

:fuji: though I'm showing a bit of :olympus: at the moment, but that's temporary!!!

If it's any later than 11 May count me out, at least for the month of May, and possibly some of June.

Maybe ask the mods for your very own "Last of the summer whine" thread for all your gossiping and chit chat ;)

If the millstones trip ends up during the week please include me in the pm, ta chaps

While I'm at it, still want definites for the Estuary Sea Forts boat trip, it's here https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/thames-estuary-sea-forts-poll.646920/

If it's any later than 11 May count me out, at least for the month of May, and possibly some of June.

Thread Up! https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/peak-district-a-grand-day-out.653080/

Re editing stuff taken on the X-T1 with the 10-24mm from a set of three images blended together,really looking forward to the fact i can now get a wider range of shots now i can bracket more than three exposures when im on holiday later in the year.

i-BhD7RNs-X2.jpg

HI all, just purchased a mint X-T2 with 18-55 F2.8-4 and Grip from Greenninja67 (thanks a lot Terry) in these very classifieds. It's my second time with the X-T2, with me having purchased one last year but then sending it back for refund shortly afterwards, as I had buyers remorse (or is that guilt) as I had way too much equipment as it was. However I since lightened my equipment considerably (mainly getting rid of all my Nikon FF gear - D810, D750 and about 6 lenses). So I thought i'd give it another go alongside my Olympus M43 gear.

Having persevered for a few days with the X-T2's idiosyncrasies (especially after being a Nikon user for 35 or more years), I'm starting to really warm to it, and am liking what I'm seeing come off my printer. I don't plan on building a huge system around it (famous last words), but have already found that just having one lens (the 18-55), severely limits my options. I'm therefore looking for some advice. My thinking for vacations and general shooting, is getting focal lengths at least around the 15-200mm range (in 35mm terms) or thereabouts. I'm therefore considering one of two lens line-ups and would appreciate peoples comments who have them. Note I'm not a massive prime sort of guy (although I might add a 35 or 50mm equivalent in the future), so am just for the time being considering these zoom packages.

Option 1
Keep the 18-55 F2.8-4 and add the Fujifilm 55-200mm f3.5-4.8 R LM OIS and the Fujifilm 10-24mm f4 R OIS XF - this would give me a 15-300mm equivalent.

Option 2

Sell the 18-55 F2.8-4 and instead, purchase the Fujifilm 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 WR LM R OIS, and compliment it with the Fujifilm 10-24mm f4 R OIS XF - this would give me a 15-205mm equivalent in a simpler two lens package (albeit the 18-135 would be a slower aperture lens).

Anyone have any thoughts on the above please ?

Last edited:
Back