The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Really can't answer that, I'm shooting at higher iso settings right now, I probably should have used 200. But hey ho...

Good enough :D I just wondered was it something to do with hand holding and ensuring you got sufficient DOF at f/8, to keep shutter speed fast or something. Doesn't matter as it's perfectly clean either way :)

Nice, seems we had similar ideas :)

_DSF6552 by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

_DSF6546 by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Both shot with XT-1 + 35 f/1.4

Love the flyaway piece on that first image. Dandelion clocks make such good subjects, although I have to look for them as our rabbit has a thing for the yellow heads in the garden :)

They make great B&W subjects too.

I've been confined to barracks recently but when the sun appeared yesterday afternoon I took this in the garden with the X-T10
and 50-230 ois ii at 230mm. This image is approx. 50% crop.
Not bad for a cheap zoom handheld at the long end then cropped. Light was good, but windy.
Also, a LR edit of a jpeg is not ideal.

130517 1mb.jpg

Last edited:
As is often the way, plans change. I had wanted and X-T2, decided I couldn't afford it and that an X-T1 would be fine and would allow me to buy some lenses. Well I've gone and bought and XT20. That will be arriving very shortly, but is body only and I have no lenses yet. So the question I am now faced with is which lens to by first. For now I can only afford one of either the 18-55, or a prime like the 23 or 35. I am thinking the zoom will be more versatile and get me out there shooting with the new camera without being constrained by a fixed focal length. I can then save some more pennies and get a prime later.

Back