The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Now the Apple has announced its new iPad Pro's I am still considering one for Fuji RAW editing.
Affinity Photo has also announced a RAW editor for the iPad too.
Anybody know if it supports Fuji RAW files including lens corrections and film simulation modes?

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/ipad/ :D

Stephen, I've noticed your posts in the XPro1 and XPro2 threads and now here with the X-T2 - when you go out on your photo shoots do you take all your gear or just fix on one camera/lens for the day?
I have a strict rationale for usage. The Pro1 now has the 27mm permanently mounted so that's a casual carry-anywhere camera. The bag for the Pro2 has my fixed focal-length lenses for when I need to put a smile on my face. The T2 is used for my zoom lenses and when I know I'm going to need the tilt screen. So that's how it goes (unless I change my mind!)

I'm kind of like that, I pretty much attach the 55-200, 35 or 56 on the XT1 and the 18mm is pretty much attached to the XE2s. My only problem is sometimes the 18mm is too wide, I'm tempting to get the 27mm.

For my coming holiday in Spain I think I will take my XT1 with 18mm and 35mm. Luggage and weight is limited so my 55-200 have to stay at home ....... I know at some point I wish I take the lens.

Last edited:
Anyone fancy selling their XF60mm f/2.4R lens ?

Possibly, how much you thinking of paying ?

Thanks Jim for your reply.

Suppose depends on condition - boxed/unboxed - front + rear optics ?

Regards;
Peter

Boxed, mint with all the bits. I've used it a handful of times, mostly to try the macro. I did the Lightroom analysis someone suggested on here last week, and it's my least used lens, so I am contemplating selling it possibly to fund the (re) purchase of a 35mm f1.4.
Last time I used it was almost a year ago https://www.flickr.com/photos/74628687@N07/albums/72157668025382310/with/26551016863/

Thanks Jim, I'll pm you to discuss...

Cheers;
Pete

Just a reminder chaps, please give regards to the rules about buying/selling. Classifieds only please.

That's lovely David, it's always nice to make explore.
Indeed it is! :) And thanks!

Great capture :) love the colours
Thank you kindly! I thought the next day I might have pushed the WB too far, but it seems nothing succeeds like excess :)

Haha.....the basic XF18-55mm lens strikes again on the X-Ten, such a great combination Dave! Simply stunning.

Beautiful light and decisive moment when to say "press the shutter.....now", and of course the importance of being there at the right place/right time along with which focal length to select etc.......put this all together and you have an exquisite photograph!! Top notch photography Sir.

This is the 'money shot'. Fantastic

Regards;
Pete
Aw Pete, I'm blushing now! The place gets most of the credit, and as for the "decisive moment", this was the best of a few! :) Thanks though, the encouragement is much appreciated

I was covering a boxing match and decided to take along the XT2 and 23mm 1.4 lens with me to try out.I think it worked out ok, need to tweek the settings a bit.I had the shutter at 500 f2 and auto iso with acros, and now know that is a bit slow.I know it won't replace my Canon 1 DX but i was impressed.
View attachment 103501 View attachment 103502 View attachment 103503
I think these are excellent, full of grit and perhaps a bit old school in their vibe! Nice to see something a bit different...

Do you find it the lens cap for the square hood is too loose most of the time? Almost lost my last week when taking my xe2s with 18mm in and out.
I was surprised to find that the round metal lens hood that came with my 60mm actually fits the 35mm too.

A bit more Eigg, back to moody mono this time...still on day 2 of 7 though!

Ascendant
by David Hallett, on Flickr
Very nice.......again! Where about's have you based yourself..? Ardnamurchan point or maybe around Ardtoe area..? Archaracle is another cracker spot. Are you keeping things simple with one body and one lens....?.....if so, it's working extremely well. Well done you.

We would wild camp around that area and motorcycle also, beautiful location!

Regards;
Peter

Last edited:
Very nice.......again! Where about's have you based yourself..? Ardnamurchan point or maybe around Ardtoe area..? Archaracle is another cracker spot. Are you keeping things simple with one body and one lens....?.....if so, it's working extremely well. Well done you.

We would wild camp around that area and motorcycle also, beautiful location!

Regards;
Peter

Thanks! Nearly all my pictures were taken on Eigg, and nearly all from Laig Beach, with a few from Cleadale and some from the Singing Sands Bay later on the week. They were all taken in the first week of May, but I'm taking my time going through them :)

Most are taken with the 18-55, but I gave the Tokina 12-24 f/4 a little run out (nothing I'll keep, but not horrible, though I think the microcontrast is lacking), and later on I have quite a few with the Samyang 12mm, as I feel like I finally got to grips with composing at that length. We'll have to see, however... :) I took a 135mm but hardly used it, and left the nifty 50s at home...

Rumors surfacing that Fuji are bringing out new versions of the 27mm and 18-135mm lenses. :eek: :D

Just a candid street style shot taken of a Muso selling one of his CDs.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/250th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
The CD Sale-03078 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Good timing for the right expressions. It captures how much it means to him someone buying his music

Good timing for the right expressions. It captures how much it means to him someone buying his music

Thank you kindly Sir, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.(y)

George.

Brilliant stuff on here lately lads :)

Every time you post using that lens I want it back more! :D

Thank you kindly Sir, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.(y)

"It's certainly a fine optic, and really sharp even wide open. It's always been one of my favorites"

George.

Back