The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Quick question - I am in between cameras at the moment and deciding what to get next - I can't choose between the X-T1 (refurb from Fuji) or the X-T20 (likely new, possibly . a refurb).

The bulk of the stuff I shoot is long exposures and architecture, if that makes any difference in choosing.

Would welcome any thoughts or suggestions.

Will likely be a camera I keep for a decent amount of time so want to get the best value I can..

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/420th @ F7.1, ISO-200, Handheld.

No it's not - it's clearly a D7000 but I'll give you that he's handholding it!!! :p

Quick question - I am in between cameras at the moment and deciding what to get next - I can't choose between the X-T1 (refurb from Fuji) or the X-T20 (likely new, possibly . a refurb).

The bulk of the stuff I shoot is long exposures and architecture, if that makes any difference in choosing.

Will likely be a camera I keep for a decent amount of time so want to get the best value I can..

Well I guess as things aren't moving (or at least I'd hope the buildings don't move!) then unless you need the extra resolution I would have thought the XT1 with its weather sealing may be of more use.

Both very capable. I'd always prefer the latest tech...but the X-T20 might be a bit small for my hands.

Both are very capable cameras, one obviously has the newer (and higher resolution sensor). Do you print big??

What glass do you expect to invest in?? Does going for an X-T20 mean a glass sacrifice??

Both very capable. I'd always prefer the latest tech...but the X-T20 might be a bit small for my hands.

I would agree, but jut get the grip and that sorts it, although I did have to disable the functions on the right d-pad due to always catching it :D

Assuming your long exposures and architecture are on a tripod, and you what to keep it a long while, X-T20 seems more logical.

Hey
emoji482.png

I think I need to keep out of this thread as I sold my Fuji for an Olympus but the new Fuji's do produce some cracking results.
Hey @Billy. You're alive!
Where've you been? Work, holidays or shopping with SWMBO?
There's a chance the dynamic duo will be in Blackpool next Thusday morning. Before the grockles have finished their Full Englishes. You interested?
Sea front architecture etc. Move off before the donkets arrive. Not totally definite. Want keeping in the loop?
You don't need to worry about buying those pints you owe us (as if you would), bacon barmies and a cuppa will suffice! That's one barmie with brown sauce and one with red.

There's a chance the dynamic duo will be in Blackpool next Thusday morning. Before the grockles have finished their Full Englishes. You interested?
Sea front architecture etc. Move off before the donkets arrive. Not totally definite. Want keeping in the loop?
You don't need to worry about buying those pints you owe us (as if you would), bacon barmies and a cuppa will suffice! That's one barmie with brown sauce and one with red.

Two Thursday's time (13th?)

Thanks all - I did think that the X-T20 and the newer tech may be a better bet.

I don't have massive hands so don't think the size would be an issue.

As for glass, thats a minefield I haven't stepped into yet - am guessing I will aim for something like the 18-55 or the 18-135 and a little prime.

Thanks all - I did think that the X-T20 and the newer tech may be a better bet.

I don't have massive hands so don't think the size would be an issue.

As for glass, thats a minefield I haven't stepped into yet - am guessing I will aim for something like the 18-55 or the 18-135 and a little prime.
Depending how wide you'd like to go do consider the Samyang 12mm, its manual, but it really doesn't matter in that one, everything is pretty much in range anyway.

Hi guys
I'm in Parga, Greece at the moment but I'm back on Monday morning then 06:00-14:00 for the rest if the week then 14:00 - 22:00 the week after so I'm sure I could meet up for a snap and a coffee or even a quick beer.

Hi guys
I'm in Parga, Greece at the moment but I'm back on Monday morning then 06:00-14:00 for the rest if the week then 14:00 - 22:00 the week after so I'm sure I could meet up for a snap and a coffee or even a quick beer.
Ah Ah. Another holiday. Hope your weather is better than ours.
Well PM you if it goes ahead.
Beer at breakfast time? If that's the only way to get you to put your hand in your pocket then we'll go for it :beer:

Just a simple shot taken of some of the local fishing boats moored in the Harbour.

X-T2, 18-55mm Lens, 1/420th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Fishing Boats (1)-03136 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Like this a lot. Lovely composition and reflections. Feels very peaceful and serene

Like this a lot. Lovely composition and reflections. Feels very peaceful and serene

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply.(y)

George.

This was back on Eigg in May, on day 4 of 7. From the exposure time, I'd guess this was probably with an ND filter, on the usual 18-55 zoom. Pixel-peeping corner mavens may find the lower right of this shot of interest, as there's plenty of detail. I can't find much to complain about!

Mirage
by David Hallett, on Flickr
Gorgeous

This was back on Eigg in May, on day 4 of 7. From the exposure time, I'd guess this was probably with an ND filter, on the usual 18-55 zoom. Pixel-peeping corner mavens may find the lower right of this shot of interest, as there's plenty of detail. I can't find much to complain about!

Mirage

Another one for the wall, love the composition, lead in lines and more pastel shades. You're going to need s bigger wall ;)

Mirage

Love the colours and the shapes matey. It's a beezer!

Mirage

"Cracking" shot Sir, nuff said.(y)

George.

Mirage
Superb image/colours/content....!

Regards;
Peter

wOw George, love the vibrant colours, superb......!

Regards;
Peter

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply.(y)

George.

First use of my boxfresh XT2 and 100-400mm yesterday...

FoS 2017 by -Harry_S-

100mm, 1/20th, f18

The EVF blackout, slight lag etc never bothered me too much on the XT1, but I doubt I could go back now, this beast (with the grip in Boost Mode) is such an upgrade in these extreme conditions. It's really, genuinely DSLR quick.

Last edited:
Well I didn't see that coming but ordered the 50mm!

XT2 and 100-400mm, this beast (with the grip in Boost Mode) is such an upgrade in these extreme conditions. It's really, genuinely DSLR quick.

My thoughts and opinions "Exactly" Sir, keep up the good work.(y)

George.

Back