The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

don't you find a zoom comes in handy once in a while Adam?

Yes and no really. I had the 50-140 for about a week and took it straight back. It was a great lens but the size was a deal breaker; it went against the very reason I bought into Fuji in the first place.

I think the 23/56 would be on a lot of peoples list for a 2 prime setup and it'll probably be the 2 i end up with myself. The 2 new zooms are very tempting but at £1750ish for the pair it's a lot of dosh.

Yes and no really. I had the 50-140 for about a week and took it straight back. It was a great lens but the size was a deal breaker; it went against the very reason I bought into Fuji in the first place.

Got to agree with you on that one. Had a play around with a 50-140 not so long back, and it was a very substantial lens to say the least, ... what it produced though was fantastic!. Its a double edged sword

I have noticed that some of you are using the XT-1 for wildlife, how do you find it for that?

10-24 and 18-135. Looking forward to the 100-400 later this year decade!!! I've used the 55-200 for motorsport but only hillclimbing where you get much closer access to the track and paddock areas.

10-24 and 18-135. Looking forward to the 100-400 later this year decade!!! I've used the 55-200 for motorsport but only hillclimbing where you get much closer access to the track and paddock areas.

I'm concentrating on hillclimbing this year as well, my locals (Gurston and Prescott) are great for access, those plus the Goodwood FoS and Wilton Supercars. Next year if the 100-400 is out I will get back into circuit stuff.

I'm very, very tempted by the 16 for something a little different for my wedding work, the 23 is perfect nearly all the time, but a wide option is always useful.

Chris, I don't do much in the way of motorsport, pretty much only the VSCC meeting at Wiscombe Park. while it's nice to catch them belting up the hill, the paddock shots are usually more interesting, looking into the guts of the beasts! Prescott's a bit of a drag away but I would like to get up there again - last time I was there it was cold and wet and I'm not sure I even got the camera out! at Wiscombe, I've found that the X-T1 can cope with AFing (and, more importantly, maintaining AF!) as the cars come up through the trees. I try to pick up the car as it comes through a gap (about 1/2 a second...) then pan around shooting as it goes through other gaps. Sometimes get it wrong but also get plenty of keepers!
Next VSCC meeting up there is 10th May, with the 500 club (cars and bikes) taking the Saturday slot on the 9th. Weather dependent, I'll be going up for both days but if it's a bit moist it'll be Sunday only!

if you were to choose only TWO lenses to compliment the XT-1 and cost is irrelevant!!!! ... what would those be?. Lets say for general purpose use,
i'm thinking a few will be edging toward 56 and 50-140 or 35 and 50-140 but what do i know

My initial thoughts were 23 & 35 but then I saw the comments saying 23 & 56. I could probably use the 23 where I'd need the 35, so I'm going to throw in with the prime crowd. 23 & 56.

Die Squeak toy, Die!

11109164_10205522491438258_3672828942249999699_o.jpg

Read it a few times now about the Fuji files being bigger than others. Someone reported that they was hoping to save space with swapping to Fuji but the files were bigger than their previous 5D3 files... Sirely this can't be right? I can get more pics on my 16gb card than i could with my D7k files... Anyone know?

Once I have saved a photo in Lightroom, the photo shows its about 2 - 3 mb. A friend of mine has a 5D3 and his average photo size is 45mb!!

Just to compare the X-T1 (16MP) to the Sony A700 (12MP), which I've just switched from (shooting Raw):

Card:
Sony 4GB - 207 shots
Fuji 16GB - 472 shots

File size:
Sony - 13mb
Fuji - 34mb

Quite a surprising difference

Last edited:
Once I have saved a photo in Lightroom, the photo shows its about 2 - 3 mb. A friend of mine has a 5D3 and his average photo size is 45mb!!

When you say "saved a photo in Lightroom", do you mean as a jpeg? I think you might be comparing jpegs to Raw files there.

When you say "saved a photo in Lightroom", do you mean as a jpeg? I think you might be comparing jpegs to Raw files there.

Yes. I'm a plonker!! I always shoot in JPEG's.

Read it a few times now about the Fuji files being bigger than others. Someone reported that they was hoping to save space with swapping to Fuji but the files were bigger than their previous 5D3 files... Sirely this can't be right? I can get more pics on my 16gb card than i could with my D7k files... Anyone know?

My 5D MkII RAW files were always around 24MB and My X-T1 RAW are about 32MB

I noticed moving from the (24mp) D750 to the (16mp) X-T1, RAW transfer direct from SD card slot in my MPB takes forever compared to the Nikon.

Why dat den?

Can't remember exactly but i think my 16gb card would display 439 shots on a D7k and around 248 on my D71k. My X-T1 shows 472...

Mine too David, 16gb Sandisk Card (freshly formatted) shows 472 shots available in RAW.(y)

George.

Yep, my card seems to be really slow to transfer too. Currently using 30mb/s so was thinking of getting a faster card. Not for writing but for reading.

I ordered this when I ordered my X-T1, seemed good value for 2x16gb 60mb/s cards

Lovely set of images @saglik, it's a place I would love to visit if I ever get the time.(y)

George.

Thank you George.

You would love it.
But it is a land where you can feel the tension in the air.

Saglik

Not strictly an X-T1 question but has anyone had experience of the approximate delay in receiving the cashback? Got my email saying it was "approved" on 23rd March and still not seen any cash.

Mine was approved on the 19th and arrived yesterday

Back