The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

@jimmyjamjojo I owe you a pint at the very least.

Fuji wanted £130 to repair my X-T10. Until I called them and pointed out that they'd fixed yours for free. At that point they put me on hold to take a look, and returned with the conclusion that as there was no other problem they would indeed fix it for free. And they put it in the post only two hours later! Result, or it will be when I get it back :).

Cheers for the heads up as I would never have known to question the bill otherwise. Next time I'll call first...

@jimmyjamjojo I owe you a pint at the very least.

Fuji wanted £130 to repair my X-T10. Until I called them and pointed out that they'd fixed yours for free. At that point they put me on hold to take a look, and returned with the conclusion that as there was no other problem they would indeed fix it for free. And they put it in the post only two hours later! Result, or it will be when I get it back :).

Cheers for the heads up as I would never have known to question the bill otherwise. Next time I'll call first...
Result!

When you say in the post, you mean post back to you? According to the tracker thing, mine has been received for a week now but still not looked at...

Give me back my precious!

Well, my little X-T10 has it's first battle scars - popped out for an hour before today's practice and managed to slip down a muddy slope whilst trying to get an image! Luckily my arse and my ego took the brunt of the damage!

Hope the images are worth it!

Well, here's the first and the one that caused all the drama...

v2

https://500px.com/photo/246698343/orange-leaves-by-ash-smith

Result!

When you say in the post, you mean post back to you? According to the tracker thing, mine has been received for a week now but still not looked at...

Give me back my precious!
Yep ,according to DPD, it would be with me tomorrow if was going to be in. As it is, I've had to postpone delivery to Thursday. I think I may have got a bit of a deal by initially saying I would pay a tenner for priority processing...which (I think) then got wiped when they reduced my bill to zero. Lucky break if so... Hope they get your camera to you soon, and I hope mine comes back actually fixed :)

Lovely shot Ash, and worth a few scrapes! Who would have thought you could find autumn leaves in February? :D

I know, I was quite staggered. the whole place was so damp and misty and monochrome and then there were these bright orange leaves (not a clue what they are plant wise) - probably got too excited and therefore why I took a tumble!

Haven't posted here in a while, mainly because I haven't managed to get out much with the X-T2. Just back from a few days in beautiful Budapest thought and struck this classic shot off my list.

Parliament buildings, Budapest by Brian M, on Flickr

Haven't posted here in a while, mainly because I haven't managed to get out much with the X-T2. Just back from a few days in beautiful Budapest thought and struck this classic shot off my list.

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, beautiful colours with still some light in the sky, nicely exposed and some good reflections.(y)

George.

Apologies if this has been covered. Long thread!!

Anyone got experience of using bluetooth with the X-E3 or X-H1? Does it provide instant connection with the iOS app? Does it work well (and quickly)?

I currently use an XT-2, and find connection to be a PITA, due to having to switch Wi-fi connection on mobile... and occasionally forgetting to set camera in bulb mode first.
There is one upside to the bluetooth on the X-E3 I'd forgotten about, it can take the GPS data from your phone and tag it onto your images.

Lovely shot Ash, and worth a few scrapes! Who would have thought you could find autumn leaves in February? :D

IIRC, Beech don't drop their leaves until they're on the point of sending forth their green shoots of Spring.

Yep ,according to DPD, it would be with me tomorrow if was going to be in. As it is, I've had to postpone delivery to Thursday. I think I may have got a bit of a deal by initially saying I would pay a tenner for priority processing...which (I think) then got wiped when they reduced my bill to zero. Lucky break if so... Hope they get your camera to you soon, and I hope mine comes back actually fixed :)

Grrr mine hasn't even been assessed yet! :mad:

Well i have just sold my X-T2,grip and kit lens to a friend and am torn between getting another X100F or keeping my 23mm and 35mm and getting an X-E3.
Will be listing my others lenses soon for sale as im going back to using the big bulky 1DX MKII's for motorsport this year but still cant fully leave Fuji.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken of a guy with his guitar doing a bit of street playing. The guitar the guy is playing is a Gibson ES-347.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/100th @ F4, ISO-200, Handheld.
Faceless (2)-03814 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Had a good few days with X-T2. First couple are from the weekend, local fair and the boy posing.

Valentine Fair - Ferris wheel by G.A.D, on Flickr

Fuji Chrome by G.A.D, on Flickr

Then had a trip to the lakes and despite good location advice from @mickledore and others, weather dictated a change of plan. Quite enjoyed shooting in the mist near Elterwater. Forced me to get a bit more creative. Last couple are Cathedral cavern. That Robin followed me everywhere including inside the cave.

Elterwater Jetty by G.A.D, on Flickr

Misty Morning by G.A.D, on Flickr

Great Langdale by G.A.D, on Flickr

Cheeky Robin by G.A.D, on Flickr

Cathedral Cave by G.A.D, on Flickr

Last edited:
Well @gad-westy you had a better time in Lakes than I did. Saturday was forecast fine and dry till 3PM. What happened? Yup....it peed down so I came home without even switching the camera on. Sun came out as soon as I got back here:(

You haven't shown us your shot of the pillar in Cathedral Cavern. Damned hard to get the exposure spot on for that one.

Didn't seem to be much snow in the gullies for you.

Well @gad-westy you had a better time in Lakes than I did. Saturday was forecast fine and dry till 3PM. What happened? Yup....it peed down so I came home without even switching the camera on. Sun came out as soon as I got back here:(

You haven't shown us your shot of the pillar in Cathedral Cavern. Damned hard to get the exposure spot on for that one.

Didn't seem to be much snow in the gullies for you.

Forecast was terrible for Monday but turned out great. Actually a bit harsh in terms of light but great day to be outdoors. Think the weekend’s rain dealt with a lot of the snow though forecast for next week looks interesting again.

I didn’t actually find cathedral caves that inspiring photography wise. Amazing place but I wasn’t desperate to photo it.

I didn’t actually find cathedral caves that inspiring photography wise. Amazing place but I wasn’t desperate to photo it.
I know what you mean. It's really the challenge of the pillar and little else. Unless you walk out through the back and into the tunnel that comes out on the other side of the hill. You'll need flash gear for that, a bit of bottle and some inside info to even find the entrance. A hard hat won't come amiss either.

Forecast was terrible for Monday but turned out great. Actually a bit harsh in terms of light but great day to be outdoors. Think the weekend’s rain dealt with a lot of the snow though forecast for next week looks interesting again.

That B&W of the trees is the standout one for me - absolutely love it! :clap:

Grrr mine hasn't even been assessed yet! :mad:
:-( That seems poor. Maybe give them call and politely enquire as to the expected time frame? I know one can't exactly complain if they're doing it for free, but it seems a reasonable question, if only for planning purposes.

Anybody else come across with this problem (I know it could just be me) - While using the XT2 with the 100-400 and without realising, I've touched the lens release button resulting in the lens coming loose, yesterday I just caught the lens before hitting the ground....phew! Never happens when I have the 18-55 or 55-200 attached. I think because of the weight of the combo I do sometimes hold it differently and without realising touch the release button ......but the lens does seem to detach itself very easily.

It's probably just me who needs retraining on how to hold the combo:(

That B&W of the trees is the standout one for me - absolutely love it! :clap:

Cheers Simon. Yes, I liked how that turned out. One of those shots where I knew what I wanted to achieve but couldn't get it in camera so just had to have faith that I'd captured the right information.

I know what you mean. It's really the challenge of the pillar and little else. Unless you walk out through the back and into the tunnel that comes out on the other side of the hill. You'll need flash gear for that, a bit of bottle and some inside info to even find the entrance. A hard hat won't come amiss either.

We did find that but it was quite deep with water and no wellies so didn't get far. Interesting place to have a mooch around.

Anybody else come across with this problem (I know it could just be me) - While using the XT2 with the 100-400 and without realising, I've touched the lens release button resulting in the lens coming loose, yesterday I just caught the lens before hitting the ground....phew! Never happens when I have the 18-55 or 55-200 attached. I think because of the weight of the combo I do sometimes hold it differently and without realising touch the release button ......but the lens does seem to detach itself very easily.

Scarey moment!

I'm not sure how you're hanging it, but when I had one I used a black rapid and attached it to the tripod foot, that way I was never near the release.

Scarey moment!

I'm not sure how you're hanging it, but when I had one I used a black rapid and attached it to the tripod foot, that way I was never near the release.

Is the release button that sensitive ?

No, not at all - it wasn't a conscious decision, simply a fact I thought about after reading the post.

Scarey moment!

Cheers John - attaching the lens to a strap might be the answer/safest option.

No probs :D

Very nice indeed. I just received an invitation to a wedding in Budapest and this shot is adding to the temptation to go

o_O I've had the T2/100-400 set up for over 18 months and never had this problem. I too use a Rapid Strap onto the tripod foot, but I'm trying to think how on earth you are doing this; unless the mechanism on the lens is faulty (if it were the camera, it would happen with other lenses).

Back