The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

After turning my XT-1 off earlier today I have noticed that the eye sensor (red light) at the back of the camera stayed on. it would only turn off if I take the battery out of the camera. Can someone please check their camera to see if the same thing happens? Not concerned at all, just curious.

Not had that issue, the only time I have seen this on is during an exposure or the image is processing. Only thing I can think of is perhaps cleaning the contacts on the card and battery.

Is it possible that you have inadvertently hit the shutter release while in AP mode with a small aperture and the lens cap on before switching the camera ? That might explain it, if not bell Fuji in the morning. Keep us posted.

Not had that issue, the only time I have seen this on is during an exposure or the image is processing. Only thing I can think of is perhaps cleaning the contacts on the card and battery.

Is it possible that you have inadvertently hit the shutter release while in AP mode with a small aperture and the lens cap on before switching the camera ? That might explain it, if not bell Fuji in the morning. Keep us posted.

I have tried it few times since and its the same. Switch camera on, use it, switch camera off (it does not matter which viewmode I use). Eye sensor light stays on

I'm sorry I can't think of what would causes that other than some form of short in that case. It's a annoying but at least it's still under warranty and Fuji are very helpful.

It is not showing as bright red so could be hard to spot but it becomes obvious as I take the battery out

Ive just checked my camera and once i have turned it off the light does go off within seconds.. To be honest though id not even noticed the light being there too start with until you mentioned it

Thanks all for your replies. I went through every item on the menu and noticed that GEOTAGING which I never used or will use was turned on. Switch that to off (the only setting that I have changed) and the Eye Sensor is back to normal. What is interesting is that switching GEOTAGING back to on does not affect the Eye Sensor again when the camera is turned off.

So whatever it is (GEOTAGING or something else) that has kept the Eye Sensor on when the camera is off is now sorted :)

Worth feeding that back to Fujifilm, just in case it is a bug which they can remedy within a future firmware update.

Placed my order over the weekend, went for the 18-55 kit with 14mm f2.8, so excited to say the least. :)

Placed my order over the weekend, went for the 18-55 kit with 14mm f2.8, so excited to say the least. :)

You'll get a lot of fun from it I'm sure.

Anyone here happily using Adobe CS6 for the raw conversions ?.

The eye sensor issue I referred to few posts back seems to be happening to other xt-1 users online. I have emailed Fuji UK and will update you if and when I here back

I m using LR5 with the latest update and seems good so far. Are you having a nut issues with CS6?
I have not bought the camera yet, I am still undecided and weighing up all the pros and cons but seeing as I only use CS6 I thought I would throw the question up :) .

LR5 and CS6 use the same Adobe Camera RAW engine, so they should produce identical results.

I have not bought the camera yet, I am still undecided and weighing up all the pros and cons but seeing as I only use CS6 I thought I would throw the question up :) .

It's good to take your time, that's a sensible approach to adopt. I'm really enjoying using mine and it has put the fun back in photography for me. Knowing what the aperture, ISO and speed is at a glance, even with the camera off allows you to concentrate on the subject, I may be biased but I learned photography in the early 80s on SLRs. This is a return to that era for me. I can confirm that CS6, Bridge and ACR will allow you to edit your RAW files. Aperture 3.0 will also allow you to do this.

Ok, didn't hear back from Fuji re. the Eye Sensor light staying on after camera is switched off but I have been discussing the issue on another form and it seems that it is all to do with power management. If you set it to on then the eye sensor light stays on when the camera is switched off and if power management is off then the eye sensor will turn off after you switch the camera off.

How long does the light stay on for if Eye Sensor is set to on?
Does it turn off eventually? I'm thinking it could be a simple capacitor taking a while to discharge, if it does extinguish after a short while.
If not, then it's a firmware bug that should be a fairly straightforward fix that can be implemented in a future update.

Got my xt1, 18-55 and 14 today, have to say I'm totally bowled over by the build quality, leagues ahead of the nikon d610 I was looking at. I'm away in the campervan this weekend, perfect opportunity for a shoot you'd think! Forgot the damn memory card didn't i......DOH!!!

IIRC, Tesco isn't too expensive for memory cards - just get a 4GB or similar and shoot JPEGs. Take a little extra care and check the exposures and reshoot/delete as necessary to save space if needed. I have a neoprene strap on both my X bodies and they have 2 little pockets on the straps - one for a spare battery (always handy!) and one for a spare card (for those times when I grab and run, forgetting that the camera's card is in the computer room...)

Result indeed!!!

Where did you hide her hairbrush? ;)

It is a tough one for DSLR users. My first mirrorless camera didn't work for me and I had to sell it. The XT-1 on the other hand, well it worked for me. Are you sure about getting the x100s? Is it the OVF that you are after?

Result indeed!!!

Where did you hide her hairbrush? ;)

Bottom of the suitcase, she found it when we got back lol. Naturally I kept quiet :D

Had a blast around cheedale with the 18-55, haven't read the manual yet but already astounded by the EVF. Love the fstop on the lens too, feels much more natural there. A lot of things I wanted to try but didn't how, will have to get stuck into the manual when I get back. Really diggin the fuji scene ;)

It is a tough one for DSLR users. My first mirrorless camera didn't work for me and I had to sell it. The XT-1 on the other hand, well it worked for me. Are you sure about getting the x100s? Is it the OVF that you are after?

I do like having an OVF but really I'm just looking for a smaller camera to take when I don't want to take the D800 out.

The only downside I have against the x100/x100s is the premium price one has to pay for a fixed lens body which also applies to the Sony RX1

I have an X10 (VF lens) as my pocket camera, top quality with full manual and EV control. There may be an X30 FF on the horizon ? Will have to wait until Photokina to find out if this is true.

Yup, the X-?0 cameras are both 28-112mm (35mm EFL) zooms. Just about pocketable in a coat/jacket but a bit bulky for a shirt.

Great results from my XT-1 using continuous focus and 8 fps. I had my 35mm 1.4 on the camera and was shooting at F1.8 and F2.8. For the majority of the shots I took, the out of focus ones were either at the beginning or at the end of any sequence with a spot on hit rate of 80-90%. Whenever I got the first shot sharp and spot on the rest of the sequence was all perfect. I was shooting my kids on swings and slides in good lighting (the sun ;) ). Really great result :D

The AF-C is a little disconcerting as it seems to hunt but he results speak for themselves! I'm taking mine hill climbing next weekend with the 55-200 so I'll see how well it can cope with motorsport. I think I'll probably take the DSLR kit as well just in case but I'd rather just carry the X-T!

Back