The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Piff! Try Abu Dhabi - 45 Celsius at lunchtime today. Hasn't dipped below 30C in weeks.

Yeh that's gettin' a little warm Mike, we managed 41 C here yesterday.(y)

There's a fair chance that I'll be out there in AD at the end of November for a short while working. I'm guessin' it be a little cooler then though.

George.

Yeh that's gettin' a little warm Mike, we managed 41 C here yesterday.(y)

There's a fair chance that I'll be out there in AD at the end of November for a short while working. I'm guessin' it be a little cooler then though.

George.

Nice. Coming with the F1 circus?

Weather's perfect in November. I really can't wait for winter!

Awesome :)

It'll be my 3rd time this year. And first with pit walk access and a proper camera :D

(don't suppose you have any insight into who the concerts are? I ask anyone who might know more than me..!)

I do feel bad about this guys,:D:D but it's just approaching 07.00 hrs here and it's about 87 degrees F at the moment with a clear blue sky. Still at least you're on holiday when some of us have got to work, (well at least for another 3-4 hours).

"Enjoy your time off work".(y)

George.

:mooning: :p

Got the opportunity to go out and photograph the harvest yesterday. These are with the XT-1 and kit lenses that came with my X-M1. On the basis of these images I'm in no rush to invest in new glass. Won't stop me looking though.

DSCF1766 by Mark, on Flickr
Taken with the XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS

DSCF1847 by Mark, on Flickr

DSCF1869 by Mark, on Flickr

Taken with the XC50-230mmF4.5-6.7 OIS

Thanks for looking, there's a few more over on my Flickr if you're interested.

Mark

Mostly my wildlife shots are taken in hides of birds close by or perched so even if the af isn't quite upto D7100 speed it won't be a problem and I will reduce the weight by about 50% which at my age is a bonus.

Andy, I think you have the 50-230, don't you? Have you used it for nature shots? How was it? By my calcs that should be 345mm equivalent, which is MUCH longer than my current FF zoom lens (an ancient Tamron).

Andy, I think you have the 50-230, don't you? Have you used it for nature shots? How was it? By my calcs that should be 345mm equivalent, which is MUCH longer than my current FF zoom lens (an ancient Tamron).

I do Chris and its really good. It's not as robust as some of the more expensive Fuji lenses but its lightweight and pretty sharp.
A few examples.
Ben-Nichols by Andy, on Flickr

Pintail-Duck by Andy, on Flickr

LTT1 by Andy, on Flickr

Otter2 by Andy, on Flickr

Now its probably not fast enough for a diving Kingfisher but perched birds and otters and double bassists are another matter :D

I don't know Andy, those double bassists can put a shift on when they need to. :D

You certainly wouldn't want Big Ben Nicholls chasing you down. He's a big unit and always looks angry.:eek::)

I do Chris and its really good. It's not as robust as some of the more expensive Fuji lenses but its lightweight and pretty sharp.
A few examples.

LTT1 by Andy, on Flickr

Now its probably not fast enough for a diving Kingfisher but perched birds and otters and double bassists are another matter :D

Those shots look very sharp,a great value lens,sold mine a while back then just rebrought it again :)

Got the opportunity to go out and photograph the harvest yesterday. These are with the XT-1 and kit lenses that came with my X-M1. On the basis of these images I'm in no rush to invest in new glass. Won't stop me looking though.

Mark
Every time I drive by and see these I think how good it would be to shoot them. Did you need permission or just wonder out?
Nice captures as well.

Mark

These are great!

Mark

Nice set of images Mark, showing some great detail.(y)

George.

A few examples.

LTT1 by Andy, on Flickr

A nice set of very sharp images Andy, the last shot is right on the money.(y)

George.

A few examples.

LTT1 by Andy, on Flickr

Nice set :) Shows how versatile the 50-230mm lens is...a no brainer second hand for anyone with a Fuji and no tele lens :D

Love a good combine shot! Got one or two on my Flickr but couldn't post it in a Fuji thread!

Thank you, first time I've really bothered, which given I've lived in rural North Norfolk most of my life is a bit surprising really

Every time I drive by and see these I think how good it would be to shoot them. Did you need permission or just wonder out?
Nice captures as well.

The estate manager offered to take me out, it means you can get in to the fields and also know where the machines are working, which helps when they have over 6000 acres to cut! Going with the manager he knew where was safe to be standing, these combines drive themselves. If you look closely the operator who was on the phone organising the rest of the farm activity the entire time we were out. The Combine has worked out the co-ordinates of the field and the most efficient way to cut it.

These are great!

Thank you

Nice set of images Mark, showing some great detail.(y)

George.

I was really impressed with the 50-230, it was free with my X-M1 and I fully intended to sell it but never did, pleased I didin't.

A few examples.

LTT1 by Andy, on Flickr

These are excellent example of how good the Fuji kit lenses are, as well as your ability to use them of course.
I will get some faster glass at some point but don't feel the need to upgrade.

I'm interested in tethering an XT-1 for shooting but could only find a short reference on page 101 of this thread on the forum (google finds a few), anyone have experience doing this?

I'm interested in tethering an XT-1 for shooting but could only find a short reference on page 101 of this thread on the forum (google finds a few), anyone have experience doing this?

Last time I was looking into this the only way to shoot tethered was by buying Fuji's HS-V5 software (which wasn't being sold in the UK at that time) But after a quick google this morning I see that the stand alone plug-in for lightroom is available for $29. Haven't used it though so can't comment on how good/bad it is.

Thanks guys! Even though I tend to use the 16 for everyday shooting, I won't let go of the 14 - there's no compromise with IQ and for architecture/landscapes it's just brilliant.

anyone have any updates on the proposed Fuji 100-400 lens ... would be good to see it in production :)

Like the M25, the "soon to be released" 100-400 has been marked on loads of roadmaps as a proposed route but keeps getting postponed for some reason. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait when (if!) it finally arrives.

Back