The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Noticed something odd from doing the product shots yesterday. I always have the camera set to shoot raw but most of yesterdays shots uploaded to Lightroom as JPG.

double checked the camera and it's definitely set to raw so I'm confused as to how it happened. :thinking:
Were you shooting with any sort of bracketing or with filters?

When using the X-T1 with the Laowa 60m and various microscope and enlarger lenses, you need to put the camera into "Shoot without lens" mode. Quite often, in this mode, the camera will lock out the screen completely, meaning no live view, preview or even menus can be viewed on-screen, only through the VF. Anybody else find this? I have to do a camera setup reset in order to bring it back to normal. Am I missing something or setting something wrong?

I've never experienced this Dunc, I keep mine set to shoot without lens all the time and probably use it more with non Fooj attachments and legacy lenses than Fuji units, including adapted LF lenses.(y)

George.

I've never experienced this Dunc, I keep mine set to shoot without lens all the time and probably use it more with non Fooj attachments and legacy lenses than Fuji units, including adapted LF lenses.(y)

George.

It seems to be mostly when using extension tubes, George. With the Laowa on it's own it's fine.

Noticed something odd from doing the product shots yesterday. I always have the camera set to shoot raw but most of yesterdays shots uploaded to Lightroom as JPG.

double checked the camera and it's definitely set to raw so I'm confused as to how it happened. :thinking:
There is an import option in LR under file handling that imports embedded and sidecar, which seems to mena that you get the JPEG as well as the RAW - I think. Worth checking your import settings.

you can even use it if you have cancelled your CC subscription and its available in the menus and I'm sure its on the standalone also,under photo photo merge
Thank you. I've just noticed it. It was greyed out so I assume that's because I didn't have files selected. I'm just back in with a load of bracketed images. We'll see what happens.

A few quick test shots from the 100-400 + telecon in the 100-400 thread...

It seems to be mostly when using extension tubes, George. With the Laowa on it's own it's fine.

I've used several setups Dunc, including a Laowa (Nikon Fit) and tubes, both with a set of Pixco (Fuji Fit) tubes and then a Fooj-Nikon adapter and then a FF lens without any problems.

I've also worked a different way ie Fooj-Nikon adapter then tubes (Nikon Fit) and then a FF lens without any problems.(y)

George.

I've used several setups Dunc, including a Laowa (Nikon Fit) and tubes, both with a set of Pixco (Fuji Fit) tubes and then a Fooj-Nikon adapter and then a FF lens without any problems.

I've also worked a different way ie Fooj-Nikon adapter then tubes (Nikon Fit) and then a FF lens without any problems.(y)

George.

Hmm.. no idea then. Will have a word with Fuji if it continues. Thanks for the notes.

Were you shooting with any sort of bracketing or with filters?

Nope

There is an import option in LR under file handling that imports embedded and sidecar, which seems to mena that you get the JPEG as well as the RAW - I think. Worth checking your import settings.

LR settings not changes since previous import.

It's very odd

Can I put a step up ring on the fuji lenses to accommodate a filter without needing to do anything else?

I remember with the X100 you had to put an adaptor first

Last edited:
Can I put a step up ring on the fuji lenses to accommodate a filter without needing to do anything else?

I remember with the X100 you had to put an adaptor first
That's what I do. All my filters are 72mm. My lenses have a variety of thread sizes so I carry a selection of rings and just use the appropriate ones. Saves having to carry a selection of filters of different sizes.

Great shot I was going to go to Crosby today but thought it might be busy. I'm off for a week over half term so one day ĺ going to do Crosby and New Brighton I think.
Didn't know you were from Liverpool way. I was down the dock road this morning. Working from Hall Road station.
Tide is right for a long exposure at the Coastguard Station on Tuesday afternoon. Shout if you are up for it.

Couple of my grandsons first trip to the beach.
Can't decide if I prefer the mono or colour version. Being a recent convert to fuji from Canon, I am loving the film simulations. These are mono+G, and either slightly muted velvia or slightly saturated pro-neg hi, can't remember now... [emoji15]

uploadfromtaptalk1457901146845.jpeg

uploadfromtaptalk1457901156876.jpeg

Got them to my phone via Facebook messenger so compression may have effected them, but seem OK on this small screen...

Went for a walk down Liverpool's Dock Road this morning. Saw this. It's a 1971 Triumph Spitfire MkIV. I had a 1970 MkIII Spitfire, and it's reckoned that apart from improving the rear suspension they made a poorer car in the Mk IV. Mine was in Valencia Blue which was a sort of deep sea green. Registration NWM 857 H. Mine had leather seats when I bought it.
It was a lovely car. Some said it was a fanny magnet. I couldn't possibly comment, but before you ask it was possible as long as you were under 25 years of age and could still move your back and legs into "interesting" angles! I never had any complaints - until SWMBO arrived on the scene!

Triumph Spitfire Mk IV
by mickledore on Talk Photography

Couple of my grandsons first trip to the beach.
Can't decide if I prefer the mono or colour version. Being a recent convert to fuji from Canon, I am loving the film simulations. These are mono+G, and either slightly muted velvia or slightly saturated pro-neg hi, can't remember now... [emoji15]

View attachment 59419

View attachment 59420

Got them to my phone via Facebook messenger so compression may have effected them, but seem OK on this small screen...

Lovely shot, I prefer the mono conversion. I think!

Didn't know you were from Liverpool way. I was down the dock road this morning. Working from Hall Road station.
Tide is right for a long exposure at the Coastguard Station on Tuesday afternoon. Shout if you are up for it.

I'm from Bury but it's only an hour away and somewhere different I haven't been for ages.

Back