The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Morning. I'm still on Barcelona time so up early. Been having a catch up. @WingTsun you have been a busy boy haven't you. Well done.
I see our friend has started his own thread asking the same old questions. (Wonder if @fabs has seen it?)
Anyway you deserve a star. Award yourself a red one.
Hopefully this thread will now get back to it's illogical normality.
Might even process some piccies this morning. Watch this space...maybe.

Morning. I'm still on Barcelona time so up early. Been having a catch up. @WingTsun you have been a busy boy haven't you. Well done.
I see our friend has started his own thread asking the same old questions. (Wonder if @fabs has seen it?)
Anyway you deserve a star. Award yourself a red one.
Hopefully this thread will now get back to it's illogical normality.
Might even process some piccies this morning. Watch this space...maybe.

LOL! After the last spate of posts he had me on the edge of the cliff staring into the abyss. The last post pushed me in. :D Sure is illogically normal in here again, though, so all good.

Just got a reply from the eBay seller about my grip, after asking them to pay return postage -

"dear buyer ,

Sorry for any inconvenience caused .
After checking , It was our manufacturer made an unintended mistake on label .
So we are intending to re-delivery another correct one to you asap and
in addition you can keep that wrong one there needn't return back as its postage will
covered .

Hope get your early reply soon .
Thanks so much !"

Sooooo... Someone in china made a batch of xt1 grips labelled as xt10 and is now trying to shift them?
We'll see when the replacement arrives... Not holding my breath.

LOL! After the last spate of posts he had me on the edge of the cliff staring into the abyss. The last post pushed me in. :D Sure is illogically normal in here again, though, so all good.

I'll miss all the entertainment.:whistle::D:D

George.

Last edited:
It's pretty spotless and the wife hasn't noticed it's not a Fuji so it can't look old [emoji23]

It didn't come with a case or rear cap but I can live without or sort for pennies anyway.

Spoke to the posty earlier on and he says he has 2 packages for me which he should drop off any minute. One should be the Helios and the other a Raynox 150. Being as I'm home alone for the weekend with wife and son at the out-laws, it should be a fun day or two!

A couple of interesting shots there, Mr @mickledore .
Thank you. The trouble with Barcelona is that all the better shots have been done to death. Plus there are so many trippers who are always in the way so you have to be a bit creative to get anything different. We even missed breakfast one morning to get to Palau Guell for opening. We were still behind two coach loads of Japanese and their selfie sticks. GRRRR!

Thank you. The trouble with Barcelona is that all the better shots have been done to death. Plus there are so many trippers who are always in the way so you have to be a bit creative to get anything different. We even missed breakfast one morning to get to Palau Guell for opening. We were still behind two coach loads of Japanese and their selfie sticks. GRRRR!

Should've just amused yourself photo bombing them. :D

And to show my appreciation I won't spill the beans to your missus about what you've just got.

And now Dunc's only got the rest of us to bribe to keep quiet.:beer::D:D

George.

One of them swung their stick into my forehead. I'm 6'2" and they are Japanese so it was always likely to happen. They didn't like it when I knocked it away. They'd have liked it even less if they knew that I regretted not grabbing it and twisting it into origami.

Just wondering - can I use my old Olymous OM manual lenses on the XT10? I have a few that were always nice and sharp (and small) and some of the talk of M42 lenses got me thinking...

Actually just seen some adapters on EBay so it can be done. Anyone tried it and are there specific makes of adapter that are better?

Last edited:
Just wondering - can I use my old Olymous OM manual lenses on the XT10? I have a few that were always nice and sharp (and small) and some of the talk of M42 lenses got me thinking...
Yes, I do. However, the adaptor is of necessity thicker than M39 or M42 adaptors. My favourite OM lens is the 100mm Silvernose.

One of them swung their stick into my forehead. I'm 6'2" and they are Japanese so it was always likely to happen. They didn't like it when I knocked it away. They'd have liked it even less if they knew that I regretted not grabbing it and twisting it into origami.
I call them Selfish Sticks.

And now Dunc's only got the rest of us to bribe to keep quiet.:beer::D:D

George.

LOL! I've actually just cracked open a Bud a few mins ago. I'm in my late 40s and this is the first time I've ever had a beer at lunchtime. I would normally never do until at least after 6pm. So if I start rambling about 3 you'll know why! :beer::D

LOL! I've actually just cracked open a Bud a few mins ago. I'm in my late 40s and this is the first time I've ever had a beer at lunchtime. I would normally never do until at least after 6pm. So if I start rambling about 3 you'll know why! :beer::D
I've an entire bank holiday weekend with my 15 month old son. I'm not jealous at all...honest [emoji85]

He won't even stay still enough to photograph with the Helios. Way too quick for MF :(

Last edited:
In a desperate attempt to come up with a different shot of the Sagrada I resorted to a tryptich.
Any thoughts? Good, bad, indifferent?

Sagrada-tryptich
by mickledore on Talk Photography

Honestly? I find the blue background and the fuzzy black borders distracting. Nice idea though.

Last edited:
Hard borders and plain bg. Any better?

You kind of lose the effect when posted on here as the site BG is white. I'd do black or a dark grey.

I've got my TP background set to dark grey and the white detracts from the image on my screen. Would probably look great framed as is, but I just tried it using the dropper tool to pick a greyish tone from the walls in the image and to my eyes it looks better on screen.

I've got my TP background set to dark grey and the white detracts from the image on my screen. Would probably look great framed as is, but I just tried it using the dropper tool to pick a greyish tone from the walls in the image and to my eyes it looks better on screen.
Must admit I don't like the white bg. I can make it any colour going; I just chose blue initially as an experiment.

Back