The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I meant the a7ii.

The Fuji is very impressive for a apsc. I don't really see any advantage of the ff a7ii. When the the noise starts kicking in its much more pleasing than the A7ii. To my eyes after iso 6400 the fuji is ahead in noise control.

The a7 and a7ii share a very similar sensor, same thing really (other than af) :)

My XT1 is going off to WEX tommorrow as a trade in for an XT2. Only problem is I will be without a camera until the next batch come in and if I'm included in the next batch. They don't seem to know when they are going to be coming in either so could be a bit of a wait.

Well all being well I hear back from Camera Solutions I'll be cancelling my Wex preorder, so that's you bumped one place up the list! Bit worried though that I have had no confirmation emails about my order from CS though. I do not fancy having cameras from both orders arriving together!

I meant the a7ii.

The Fuji is very impressive for a apsc. I don't really see any advantage of the ff a7ii. When the the noise starts kicking in its much more pleasing than the A7ii. To my eyes after iso 6400 the fuji is ahead in noise control.

I've been saying as much since I ditched the A7R. Granted that had a hell of a lot of pixels, but even so the noise was pretty grim, and horribly banded. An A7S on the other hand...

Back to my flash question -

I've tried my YN622n-tx on the XT1 with a YN622n attached to a YN568EX but it doesn't seem to fire. Should it or do I need an alternative combo ?

I've found an unexpected benefit of the Booster grip, It gives a good indication of the state of your batteries. I fitted mine with the new X-T2 battery, the Fuji battery from my X Pro 2 and an Ex Pro white. Unsurprisingly the new S battery lasted longest, followed closely by the ExPro white and disappointingly the Fuji from my X Pro 2 drained fastest. It's great to be able to see the performance of three batteries at a time.

Well all being well I hear back from Camera Solutions I'll be cancelling my Wex preorder, so that's you bumped one place up the list! Bit worried though that I have had no confirmation emails about my order from CS though. I do not fancy having cameras from both orders arriving together!

I've been saying as much since I ditched the A7R. Granted that had a hell of a lot of pixels, but even so the noise was pretty grim, and horribly banded. An A7S on the other hand...
Did you call them or ordered via their website?

Back to my flash question -

I've tried my YN622n-tx on the XT1 with a YN622n attached to a YN568EX but it doesn't seem to fire. Should it or do I need an alternative combo ?

It should fire if everything is set to manual and you have everything set to the same channel.
Also ensure that the trigger on the camera is in Tx mode and the one on the flash is in Rx mode.

Because it is only the centre pin that fires the flash make sure the contacts are clean and the centre pin is properly seated.

It should fire if everything is set to manual and you have everything set to the same channel.
Also ensure that the trigger on the camera is in Tx mode and the one on the flash is in Rx mode.

Because it is only the centre pin that fires the flash make sure the contacts are clean and the centre pin is properly seated.
I'm no expert on these. When I got my Fuji I was told that it had to be the Canon triggers from YN. That didn't worry me as I was coming from Canon. I use either the 603 or 622 triggers with my old Canon flash guns and they work fine. Manual only of course.
There could be some difference between Canon and Nikon. Is the centre pin in the same place?

I'm no expert on these. When I got my Fuji I was told that it had to be the Canon triggers from YN. That didn't worry me as I was coming from Canon. I use either the 603 or 622 triggers with my old Canon flash guns and they work fine. Manual only of course.
There could be some difference between Canon and Nikon. Is the centre pin in the same place?

My Yongnuo YN560TX was Nikon specific and worked fine.
If you look at the image below the centre pin for Canon and Nikon is relatively the same position so if one works on Fuji then ideally the other should too.

klcyH.jpg

Cheers guys. I'm at work but will try again tonight. Would I be better with the 560TX or should the 622n TX work just as well ?
In theory the 622n TX should work equally as well.
The only thing you wont be able to do compared to the 560TX is changing the flash settings on the fly. But this only works with YN560 III and IV flashes so unless you are going to be using one of those flashes there is probably no need for the 560TX over the 622n.

I know it's personal choice but what have you set your function buttons to do?
I keep changing my mind. (n)

Just don't think I can stretch to the £1600+ body and kit lens :-( I'd need the grip too.

Think it'll have to be the Sony a6300.

Any recommendations for a nice case/bag for an XT-1 plus 35mm & 56mm lenses ?

Any recommendations for a nice case/bag for an XT-1 plus 35mm & 56mm lenses ?
Thinktank retrospective 7. Great bag, doesn't look like a camera bag. I love mine. Can fit X-T2 with booster grip and 16-55mm fitted plus 18-135mm and 35mmin the bag.

Thinktank retrospective 7. Great bag, doesn't look like a camera bag. I love mine. Can fit X-T2 with booster grip and 16-55mm fitted plus 18-135mm and 35mmin the bag.

Looks nice Jim, but too big for me.

I should have added something smallish and compact under £50

Also Cambrian Photography in Colwyn Bay have just got back to me to say they too have some. If they'd have told me that on Saturday when I asked them I'd have been round there like a shot Monday morning. Never mind, I guess everyone's busy dealing with the same questions about them over and over!

Wex pre order is now cancelled.

And to take my mind off the wait I've been out in the garden with some trains and my 60mm macro.

LNWR in Pen Llŷn by Alan Jones, on Flickr

I've posted this on the X-E2 thread, but wondering if anyone here can help me with XF27mm aperture issues that it's not moving the aperture within the camera body etc...(?) The aperture is like the XF10-24mm lens were it continually moves but has no actual f/stops showing on the outside of the lens.

Ok, my X-E2 and XF27mm arrived today :), I've carried out firmware updates on both body and lens via the
Fuji official site, but seems I can't get the aperture to change on the XF27mm lens via the X-E2 body. Any ideas of were I'm going wrong guys n' gals..?

Cheers;
Pete

I've posted this on the X-E2 thread, but wondering if anyone here can help me with XF27mm aperture issues that it's not moving the aperture within the camera body etc...(?) The aperture is like the XF10-24mm lens were it continually moves but has no actual f/stops showing on the outside of the lens.

Ok, my X-E2 and XF27mm arrived today :), I've carried out firmware updates on both body and lens via the
Fuji official site, but seems I can't get the aperture to change on the XF27mm lens via the X-E2 body. Any ideas of were I'm going wrong guys n' gals..?

Cheers;
Pete

That's the focus ring isn't it, not an aperture ring? In which case aperture will be set with the dial on the camera

I know it's personal choice but what have you set your function buttons to do?
I keep changing my mind. (n)

I've not really changed mine. I did attempt back-button focus to AE-F (I think? the one at the thumb rest) but it kept focus on the shutter button too. I changed it back because I couldn't figure out how to remove it from the shutter button and I can't see anything online. Does anyone here know?

EDIT: Well according to the manual if you set a button as AF-ON then it saves you half-pressing the shutter. That's what I did but it still focused using a half-press. Or is the part of the manual too ambiguous?

Last edited:

Cheers;
Pete
You turn the command dial on the rear of the body to change the aperture - put the aperture past f16 and it is in auto mode

Back