The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Spar Abersoch, SH 31075 27815 I'm there 2-10 if you do happen to be passing. What's the plan for a 2nd T2 if you get one?
Don't think we'll be down that far, and I won't be driving.
Plans for a second? Well I was going to use the T1 as back up, but it feels like going back in time when I pick it up. I just prefer the ergonomics etc. of the T2. (I'm happy enough with the images!) The T1 hasn't been out since I upgraded despite my intention to carry a second body at times, particularly when doing long exposure stuff. A second body will enable me to do other things, and if it's the same layout then I won't need to think about it.
Just a whim really and I can't see the T1 getting much use, but I'd like a second/backup body. I'm not going to bust a gut to get one, it just seemed like a good idea at the time. Probably me talking through my arris again.

I enjoy the processing almost as much as the shooting I think. It's like a therapy, it either frustrates the sheeet out of me [usually when processing a job for others] or I'll find it nice and relaxed and not really care too much about the results ... once I like it :D

I have a Nanneu Pro bag that is a lovely fit, I think it's a Military Ops Bravo but not 100% as I got it secondhand some time ago. Been an excellent bag and kept the kit dry in some of the worst weather it's possible to be out in, even without the extra rain cover. I'm trying to find something similar but with more capacity as I ripped the top compartment crawling under a gorse bush! I would definitely recommend it as worth a look at least.

Might well be, though I'll be working all weekend I'm afraid, if you fancy popping into the shop for a chat though please do

No offence intended Terry but what would you know about my camera choosing and what works for me? I've shared these comparisons with you all so that you may draw your own conclusions as to the differences the new sensor brings. Sorry the pics are small, that's the forum's fault I'm afraid, they were uploaded full size but it does not display them full size for some reason.

Now then in answer to Nuzik, who the hell shoots Jpeg - I do. In fact after shooting the for sale pics of the X-T2 (in JPEG) I went down the beach and the very first shot (JPEG) was this, which has been through lightroom to tweak the horizon and add the watermark but is otherwise untouched,:

Fly Into the Night by Alan Jones, on Flickr
Me too. That's the main reason I bought a fuji x I can't be arsed editting raws all the time.

Some very interesting discussions today regarding the images from the XT1 and XT2. I asked a question earlier in the thread but its been missed :)

Im selling all my Sony gear and im going to either go back to MFT or try Fuji. Has anyone moved to an XT1 from Sony A7ii or Oly EM1 and how does the speed of focus compare. I became very frustrated at the speed of focus on my A7ii and the fact that I needed to press a button to get the camera to focus on an eye in face detect mode (lazy photographer am I!)

Some very interesting discussions today regarding the images from the XT1 and XT2. I asked a question earlier in the thread but its been missed :)

Im selling all my Sony gear and im going to either go back to MFT or try Fuji. Has anyone moved to an XT1 from Sony A7ii or Oly EM1 and how does the speed of focus compare. I became very frustrated at the speed of focus on my A7ii and the fact that I needed to press a button to get the camera to focus on an eye in face detect mode (lazy photographer am I!)
I know it's only preference but I really don't get eye detection AF, I find it quicker and more reliable using single point and 'tracking' the eye myself.

I know it's only preference but I really don't get eye detection AF, I find it quicker and more reliable using single point and 'tracking' the eye myself.

Same. I have tried the face/eye detection but found it too hit and miss for my liking.

Same. I have tried the face/eye detection but found it too hit and miss for my liking.

I accept both points regarding eye focus and its probably lazy photographer syndrome. However, can anyone compare the AF speed :)

I accept both points regarding eye focus and its probably lazy photographer syndrome. However, can anyone compare the AF speed :)
Maybe ask @rookies, he has the A7II and ordered an XT2 a while ago but not sure if it's been delivered yet?

The eye detection is good, my little boy it struggles a little more on as he has tiny peepers but no issues with my daughter or wife. It's good.

Last edited:
The eye detection is good, my life boy it struggles a little more on as he has tiny peepers but no issues with my daughter or wife. It's good.
Didn't say it wasn't ;)

Prices are on the up yet again folks! 50-140 was £1159 yesterday and is now a colossal £1329 across most retailers. I ordered the 10-24 on Black Friday for 699 (less double cash back) and it went out of stock that day. The same retailer is now pricing it at £829. I'm guessing the double cash back offer has driven down stock levels, and they are having to price in further rises as stock is replenished.

well guys my X-T10 came today opened the box & surprized how small & light the camera is , half the weight of my canon roughly WOW ..:banana:
Any tips/settings on setting up ?

about an hour ago i ordered the 10-24 from jessops, got a order number on screen but no confirmation email? bit weird, im sure they will honour the double cashback !??- i got a screen grab!

well guys my X-T10 came today opened the box & surprized how small & light the camera is , half the weight of my canon roughly WOW ..:banana:
I love my X-T10!

I put a cheapo eBay Arca Swiss L-bracket on mine with a sticky-out bit to improve the grip as well as making tripod use easier. You may or may not prefer this, but I certainly do.

My main other change was to deactivate AF on shutter button press, and only use the back button for focusing. Again, I like this but YMMV...

about an hour ago i ordered the 10-24 from jessops, got a order number on screen but no confirmation email? bit weird, im sure they will honour the double cashback !??- i got a screen grab!
It's Fuji who pay the cashback once you send them a copy of the invoice and a photo of the serial numbers after 30 days.

It's Fuji who pay the cashback once you send them a copy of the invoice and a photo of the serial numbers after 30 days.

It then takes up to 28 days after the initial 30 to get the cash, in my experience pretty much the full 4 weeks before it gets paid into the bank.

Hey Graham, that's a good result. "ENJOY".(y)

George.

Really liking that mono shot Keith, good comp' & exposure, with some detail in the shadows & highlights.(y)

George.

The mist tends to draw me out :) I waited an age for some unaware victim to walk up the street, but the light from the car coming up the hill had to do. I froze me ass off enough :D

Magazine quality image right there. Anyone who doubts these wee cameras should look to shots like this and reconsider the "not good enough for weddings" BS

I know. It cracks me up. Weddings were being shot on the likes of a Canon 20D or Nikon D2x back in the day and folks were "coping" just fine.

Thanks btw :)

Last edited:
Magazine quality image right there. Anyone who doubts these wee cameras should look to shots like this and reconsider the "not good enough for weddings" BS

:plus1: I couldn't agree with you more Keith, the quality of images that can be obtained from these units is just awsome.(y)

George.

Another pre-wedding shoot. I'm finding the 90mm F2 is definitely producing the images I'm liking most......

GT-14 by Ryan Jarvis, on Flickr

"Cracking" shot Ryan, very good comp, lovely pose, and some beautiful light and colours.(y)

George.

@Nuzik Looking at your 18mm F2 shots on Flickr, very sharp, I don't know why this little lens gets so much bad press, I love mine.

Last edited:
Back