The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Popped into town today, and managed to get a half decent snap of some old station ... Lost my damn sync cap though :mad:

Kings X by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, well composed with a good range of mono tones.(y)

George.

Fuji’s are hard to look past for sure. I still don’t think the ergonomics of the XT series are right for use with larger lenses though and think the XH series are better in this regards. The XH2 should be a belter (y)

I would argue that. Stick a grip on my T2, and with the 100-400 (plus 1.4TC) it's great, I prefer it to my 7D2 & 150-600, with or without a grip, and it's about 2/3 of the weight.

Are any of you guys using the metal hand grip thing not the power booster grip, Just the one with the built in tripod plate. I know it`s not cheap for a lump of metal, but seems pretty clever in design?

I have an L bracket on one body, and it works well when using the 16 or 10-24, just that extra bit of bulk to steady the bigger lenses.

I would argue that. Stick a grip on my T2, and with the 100-400 (plus 1.4TC) it's great, I prefer it to my 7D2 & 150-600, with or without a grip, and it's about 2/3 of the weight.
Yes you can of course add a grip but that wasn't my point ;)

now the x-t3 is being released in silver and black on release, is this the end of the more expensive "Graphite" editions? perhaps this will now be reserved only for the x-pro line?

My 50-140 arrived last week and the AF is just miles better than my old 55-200. So glad I went for this and not the 90. Focal length flexibility with small space portraits is just much more useful and the image quality is outstanding (50-140 w/X-T2).

50-140 Test
by Ian, on Flickr

Two rarities, first an image from me, as I've been lacking of late, and even rarer, a pic of Mrs J, like Ian above, shot on the T2 & 50-140. Big lens to carry around, but I'm loving it.

Attachments

• wifey.jpg
    wifey.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 18
if anyone has a 56mm apd lens or possibly the standard one please let me know as am looking for one before i go away.

Cheers for the tip, Jessops in Kingston gave me £900 for the D750 and I'll get the £200 from Fujifilm on top :)

Can't wait for the X-T3 to arrive now!

Was your Nikon a UK D750 and was it boxed? Pretty decent price you got there!

if anyone has a 56mm apd lens or possibly the standard one please let me know as am looking for one before i go away.
Hi Johnathan, I've not seen many APD versions of the XF56 for sale for many years, hard to source second hand I'd say, but hope you find one buddy.

Was your Nikon a UK D750 and was it boxed? Pretty decent price you got there!
It was UK stock as it happens.. but I don’t think he checked that tbh! Didn’t have the receipt with me although the box does state EU stock

For those who've just ordered a new XT3 body, just wondering if you considered the XH1 at any stage...?
I'm in a quandary as which to aim for as my next upgrade.

I've no interest in video whatsoever, IBIS seems excellent, but the 26MP XT3 X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor excits me, the slightly bigger XH1 sized body would be better.

Hmmm decisions decisions......

Anyone think the new image sensor on the XT-3 will be a significant improvement over the XT2? As a stills togger I'd only really be interested of the iq or Adobe raw performance was noticibly better.

For those who've just ordered a new XT3 body, just wondering if you considered the XH1 at any stage...?

I've no interest in video whatsoever, IBIS seems excellent, but the 26MP XT3 X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor excits me, the slightly bigger XH1 sized body would be better.

Xt3 looks a good deal especially if you have something to trade in to get the £200 bonus. There’s quite a significant price difference in new and used xh1 bodies right now.

I just got a great deal on an xt2 and battery grip.

Xt3 looks a good deal especially if you have something to trade in to get the £200 bonus. There’s quite a significant price difference in new and used xh1 bodies right now.

I just got a great deal on an xt2 and battery grip.
Regards trading in, are there only specific cameras your allowed to trade in...? Sounds like a catch somewhere.....(??)

Regards trading in, are there only specific cameras your allowed to trade in...? Sounds like a catch somewhere.....(??)

I don’t think so. Pretty sure some have traded in an x-t10 for like £150 then getting the £200 cash back. It’s a good move by Fuji to get the orders in.

Anyone think the new image sensor on the XT-3 will be a significant improvement over the XT2? As a stills togger I'd only really be interested of the iq or Adobe raw performance was noticibly better.

It should be, as the BSI sensor should improve dynamic range, but notice the word 'should'. I would have thought if it was 'that' much better than the X-T2, then the preview reviews would have banged on about it more. We will just have to wait for it to be in real hands, and some decent proper reviews.

The AF speed will be faster though, as the processor is quite a bit faster.

Peter don't beat yourself up over this, the X-H2 (when it comes) will answer all your concerns, you have 3 choices:-

1) Stick and get off the GAS bandwagon (impossible for most of us)
2) Trade up for X-T3 (in the full knowledge that you will lust after the X-H2 when it is announced)
3) Just stay with the X-T2 until the X-H2 is announced

Over to you..........

It should be, as the BSI sensor should improve dynamic range, but notice the word 'should'. I would have thought if it was 'that' much better than the X-T2, then the preview reviews would have banged on about it more. We will just have to wait for it to be in real hands, and some decent proper reviews.

The AF speed will be faster though, as the processor is quite a bit faster.

Peter don't beat yourself up over this, the X-H2 (when it comes) will answer all your concerns, you have 3 choices:-

1) Stick and get off the GAS bandwagon (impossible for most of us)
2) Trade up for X-T3 (in the full knowledge that you will lust after the X-H2 when it is announced)
3) Just stay with the X-T2 until the X-H2 is announced

Over to you..........

Peter, you do have a fourth option, which was the one I went for, handle the X-H1 and feel just how well it fits in your hands, realise that it has the highest quality of build that Fuji has produced so far, feel how well it balances with the 16-55 F2.8 and that lens is stabilised because of the IBIS system, a thing that I didn't think I needed until I tried it. :D

Yep I’m staying with the X-T2 and will upgrade to the X-H2 when it comes - IBIS and the new AF with 4K 60 is pretty much guaranteed and those are the killer features for me. For stills the X-T2 already takes brilliant photos.

Gonna use that spare time to buy some more glass!

Peter, this might help.

X-H1 + 55-200 hand held, F5.6 @ 1/10th sec., 6,400 ISO, SOOC, except for size reduction.

Weymouth.jpg

fuji xt3 "touch and try day" at Jessops London oxford street tomorrow.
i was going to go but having just bought an x-t2 i should stay well away.

fuji xt3 "touch and try day" at Jessops London oxford street tomorrow.
i was going to go but having just bought an x-t2 i should stay well away.

For a man with the breaking strain of a wet kit kat, your wallet would soon succumb with the inevitable GAS attack.:D

Despite being a diehard Fuji convert and having owned X100, X100F, X-E1, X-E2, X-A2, X-T20, X-T1 and X-T2, I've actually got little interest in the X-T3, the GFX50R however..... :exit:

For a man with the breaking strain of a wet kit kat, your wallet would soon succumb with the inevitable GAS attack.:D

Despite being a diehard Fuji convert and having owned X100, X100F, X-E1, X-E2, X-A2, X-T20, X-T1 and X-T2, I've actually got little interest in the X-T3, the GFX50R however..... :exit:

xt3 guts inside an x-h1 aka x-h2 should be right up my street. who knows?! so many nice cameras.

Back