The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Hiya All,

What filter system do people use/recommend to use with the 10-24mm f /4 OIS WR?

I would be also using the 16mm f/2.8, 50mm f/2, and 90mm f/2 - so ideally would want to use the same filter system with the 72mm filter thread of the 10-24mm being the largest.

Would the Formatt-HiTech Firecrest 85, Lee 85 system, or the NSI M75 system work - or would I need larger?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Shane.
I have the NiSi 100mm filter kit and have been very pleased with it. Excellent quality and no colour cast.

Hiya All,

What filter system do people use/recommend to use with the 10-24mm f /4 OIS WR?

I would be also using the 16mm f/2.8, 50mm f/2, and 90mm f/2 - so ideally would want to use the same filter system with the 72mm filter thread of the 10-24mm being the largest.

Would the Formatt-HiTech Firecrest 85, Lee 85 system, or the NSI M75 system work - or would I need larger?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Shane.

Are you going to use Grads, if not you could just use 72mm screw-ins and step up rings for the smaller filter ring lenses, you should be able to stack a couple of slim fit 72mm filters on the 10-24 before vignetting at 10mm.

As I have my daughter back from Uni, for the Easter break. It was time to experiment a bit...

H1 16-55

Portrait by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Very nice portrait style Fujigraph Paul, I wasn't sure about it at first but its kinda grown on me.

Very nice portrait style Fujigraph Paul, I wasn't sure about it at first but its kinda grown on me.

Thanks, George (y)
It`s all a bit hit and miss practice at the moment tbh ... I do think it looks better, bigger though (my new desktop). If she`s willing, i`ll give it another go later on today ;)

As I have my daughter back from Uni, for the Easter break. It was time to experiment a bit...

H1 16-55

Portrait by Paulie-W, on Flickr
Love it!
Ha ha, I do the same, keep thinking how handy it would be to have the kids home (I have 2 at uni) to use for photos. I have one home this Easter but have only managed to get one simple photo - inconsiderate that he's not always around when needed... ;)

Any idea if the Sigma lenses will be compatible, or if this is going to happen? I am tempted on the Fuji 70-300 or debating to wait to see if Sigma can offer something else

Love it!
Ha ha, I do the same, keep thinking how handy it would be to have the kids home (I have 2 at uni) to use for photos. I have one home this Easter but have only managed to get one simple photo - inconsiderate that he's not always around when needed... ;)

Thanks, Donna :)
Well you got to use them for something lol ;) All she`s doing at the moment is chilling, and eating us out of house n home...

Any idea if the Sigma lenses will be compatible, or if this is going to happen? I am tempted on the Fuji 70-300 or debating to wait to see if Sigma can offer something else

I`d wait and see, just in case. But from what i`ve read so far, it`s going to be much the same as what`s already out there. Which to me seems a bit silly if the pricing is going to be similar to fuji`s own line up.

I suspect that the first Sigma lenses will effectively be reworks of the small APSC primes they have done for the Sony-E Mount system, be very surprised if they come out with a 70-300 type lens from the off.

Many thanks. It looks like I will (have to) go with a larger filter set (100mm).
Will you be wanting grad filters? I would seriously consider the Kase Magnetic system. I know several people that have switched from thier square filters to thier magnetic ones, I would do but have too much money in the square system to justify the change. From a usability standpoint they are superb. ive not tried the grads but unlike screw on you can position them where you like

I`d wait and see, just in case. But from what i`ve read so far, it`s going to be much the same as what`s already out there. Which to me seems a bit silly if the pricing is going to be similar to fuji`s own line up.
I suspect that the first Sigma lenses will effectively be reworks of the small APSC primes they have done for the Sony-E Mount system, be very surprised if they come out with a 70-300 type lens from the off.
Thanks. I was all keen on getting the 70-300 but am a little worried as a few reviews now say the bokeh is not so great (and that is the main reason I sold my 55-200 as the circles looked like donuts - or I have heard the saying onion rings). Is anyone having that problem with their new lens, or is it something I am worrying about unnecessarily? I also am not keen on going back down the Fringer route as want lenses dedicated to the Fuji. One of my all time favourite lenses was the Tamron 100-400 (when I had Canon) which was more compact than the Fuji.

I guess I am asking far too much for a decent price (and smaller travel size).

Thanks. I was all keen on getting the 70-300 but am a little worried as a few reviews now say the bokeh is not so great (and that is the main reason I sold my 55-200 as the circles looked like donuts - or I have heard the saying onion rings). Is anyone having that problem with their new lens, or is it something I am worrying about unnecessarily? I also am not keen on going back down the Fringer route as want lenses dedicated to the Fuji. One of my all time favourite lenses was the Tamron 100-400 (when I had Canon) which was more compact than the Fuji.

I guess I am asking far too much for a decent price (and smaller travel size).

I have read, and seen on u tube, very onion ring bokeh, wide open. I had the same with the sigma 35 art (Nikon) though. I can be a pain in the butt.

Just an update to this - looks like the duff pixel is on the LCD screen not the sensor. Awaiting a response from Fuji

An update to the update.

Couple of days after contacting Fuji, they sent me post paid packaging to send the camera to them for assessment.
Sent it last Wednesday. Got a text and email on Thursday saying it had been received. Text and email yesterday saying it would be delivered back today (no indication of outcome though). Received it back today at 08.45am (so exactly a week which included a 4 day bank Holiday weekend!).

I feared they might say it was only one stuck pixel on an LCD screen so didn’t affect function, but they’ve actually replaced the screen under warranty.

As others have said here previously, excellent customer service. I’m very impressed.

Back