The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Beautiful lighting especially the cabbage leaf! Makes me think Brain !! :)

Thanks, Nick (y)

Yeah, weird eh? Could try one as a skull cap (if it were a little bigger. Might try with PS though at some stage ;)

Randomly happened to notice that they're available for pre-order on Wex now.

£359 for 16mm, £289 for 30mm and £379 for 56mm.
Can't say I'm going to put them on a wish list. I'm sure they're fine lenses - I had a few Sigmas when I had my Nikon DSLRs - but the lack of an aperture ring is off-putting. It's one of the things that I find so endearing about the Fuji X-system. For the most part they're very tactile, with an analog-esque charm that makes me want to use them. Sticking on a lens that makes them look and handle like a Sony isn't really very appealing.

Not having an aperture ring doesn't bother me in the slightest, I would intend to shoot these lenses mostly wide open anyway. I use the XC35F2 a lot and it's never bothered me that there's no aperture ring, it's no worse or better to just use the front dial when I do want to change aperture. I might just upgrade from the XC35 to this 30mm 1.4 - I do find a 35 can be a little tight in some circumstances, might be interested in the 16mm too.

Can't say I'm going to put them on a wish list. I'm sure they're fine lenses - I had a few Sigmas when I had my Nikon DSLRs - but the lack of an aperture ring is off-putting. It's one of the things that I find so endearing about the Fuji X-system. For the most part they're very tactile, with an analog-esque charm that makes me want to use them. Sticking on a lens that makes them look and handle like a Sony isn't really very appealing.

The fuji lens look is hard to beat also. I think I'd be tempted by the 56mm though, waiting to see reviews/sample images.

I like those, but prefer the first composition.

Nice Friday afternoon stroll along the seafront and a cheeky Rossi 99 too :woot:

Rossi Ice Cream by The Development, on Flickr

My timing was off with this one - so it ended up somewhat mundane rather than a decent shot featuring the two massive whippy 99 ice creams she had in her hand a split second before :( :rolleyes:

Rossi by The Development, on Flickr

Determined to get out with the V more this year (y)

Last edited:
My local store has a very nice condition X100 in stock. I had one of these when they first came out and loved it.

I appreciate its around 10 years old now so won’t keep up with current cameras in most respects but I wondered if anyone was still using one and, if so, what your thoughts are on image quality?

My local store has a very nice condition X100 in stock. I had one of these when they first came out and loved it.

I appreciate its around 10 years old now so won’t keep up with current cameras in most respects but I wondered if anyone was still using one and, if so, what your thoughts are on image quality?
I’ve still got mine Dave. I’ll never sell it. Still a great camera. Perfectly happy with image quality.

DSCF8819-Edit.jpg by -justTrev-

How much do these go for nowadays?

Edit - yes I have one in a box doing nothing :)

Last edited:
I'm about to finally join the Fuji party!!

I completely lost my mojo for 2 years during lockdown but have it back again.

I stumbled across the X-S10 two weeks ago (I'd never heard of it until only then!!) That piqued my interest in Fuji once again so I decided to sell my Sony 16-35 ƒ2.8 to Park Cameras.

If I get what they have offered, I'll be buying a new X-T3 this week. If it's a low-ball, I'll reassess the S/H market. The hardest decision was choosing black or silver!!!!

I'm about to finally join the Fuji party!!

I completely lost my mojo for 2 years during lockdown but have it back again.

I stumbled across the X-S10 two weeks ago (I'd never heard of it until only then!!) That piqued my interest in Fuji once again so I decided to sell my Sony 16-35 ƒ2.8 to Park Cameras.

If I get what they have offered, I'll be buying a new X-T3 this week. If it's a low-ball, I'll reassess the S/H market. The hardest decision was choosing black or silver!!!!
I have just been looking at the s10 and it looks great, don't see many of them around

It really was/still is a close call for me between the X-S10 and X-T3. I love the deep, deep grip on the S10. That's a big selling point for me. The IBIS is also a bonus although I'm ok without. I love the size of the S10 too. PASM - I don't really know how I feel on that.

Now I feel I'm on the fence again!!! Looks like I'm off to Youtube to watch more stuff on the S10!!

Any advice from seasoned Fuji users please?

Bear in mind the following:

1. I own the Sony a9 and Ricoh GR3 and won't be parting with either (well, that's the plan!!)
  2. I never, ever do video. Ever. I have no plans to do so either.
  3. I mainly shoot street nowadays. 99% of what I do is this genre. My Ricoh, for me, is a dedicated street camera. The Fuji and Sony will both do street plus everything else I want them to if I ever need to shoot outside of street. I'm trying to say my bases should be covered by Fuji and Sony.
  4. I'm ok if a camera is weather sealed or not. That doesn't faze me.
  5. I love primes. I'm planning on buying the 18mm Fuji if it ever gets an update. I'm reluctantly going to get a 23mm with whichever body I chose.

X-S10 PASM vs X-T Dials - remember I've used PASM on all my digital cameras so I'm not yet using something that you all love. Of course, I love the idea of dedicated dials for speed, ƒ and ISO, but, it's not yet ingrained in me like you all.

TIA

Back