The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I saw a review which had the same complaint, not a deal breaker for me as it'll be on a sling 99% of the time.
That's cool.
It wasn't for me either, and I can still use it as a handle. Definitely worth it though, and a we'll built unit (y)

Uploaded some photios from the X100F taken yesterday and realised its a month since I last shot with it!! Too much time spent with Film SLRs and the GFX!!!

X100F with Tiffen Black ProMist 1/4 Filter

220406 Fusion - Liverpool-1 by David Yeoman, on Flickr

This is great, I have the same filter and have only used it a couple of times. Great to see the X100F still delivering too.

I have owned a fair number of X series cameras over the years and love the colour rendering and image quality. I moved from carrying a heavy DSLR everywhere to a really light X series. Without doubt the X100 series is my favourite of the lot though. https://www.flixelpix.com/x100t-the-ultimate-travel-camera/ it's great for travel and the latest versions offer charging via USB which is handy. I sold my 35mm lens for the X-Pro2 a few years ago and that's been a big regret.
I am also on the look out for an X100V but they seem to be rare in the UK these days?

I have owned a fair number of X series cameras over the years and love the colour rendering and image quality. I moved from carrying a heavy DSLR everywhere to a really light X series. Without doubt the X100 series is my favourite of the lot though. https://www.flixelpix.com/x100t-the-ultimate-travel-camera/ it's great for travel and the latest versions offer charging via USB which is handy. I sold my 35mm lens for the X-Pro2 a few years ago and that's been a big regret.
I am also on the look out for an X100V but they seem to be rare in the UK these days?

Usually see them on e-infinity but currently out of stock. Listed for 999 which seems a bargain on fuji refurbished but also out of stock. Worth subscribing for the back in stock message.

Had a loaner X100v delivered for the long weekend - hopefully I can shift this covid and get some good photos!

Having recently bought a xs10 I'm slowly getting to grips with it but one issue I'm having is battery life, it seems to burn through a full battery really fast, managed about 120 shots yesterday and the battery was down to 1 square remaining.

So my questions are can anyone recommend a spare battery? Are the ones on amazon for about 20 quid that come with a charger worth while?

Also, is it OK to use a USB/ phone charger to charger the battery when it's in camera? The fuji manual says to use a USB socket on a PC which is a bit of a pain to say the least.

Sorry, these questions have probably been done before, I did try searching through the thread but it's a very big one.

Having recently bought a xs10 I'm slowly getting to grips with it but one issue I'm having is battery life, it seems to burn through a full battery really fast, managed about 120 shots yesterday and the battery was down to 1 square remaining.

So my questions are can anyone recommend a spare battery? Are the ones on amazon for about 20 quid that come with a charger worth while?

Also, is it OK to use a USB/ phone charger to charger the battery when it's in camera? The fuji manual says to use a USB socket on a PC which is a bit of a pain to say the least.

Sorry, these questions have probably been done before, I did try searching through the thread but it's a very big one.
These are good.

https://www.wexphotovideo.com/searc... Twin Pack&facet.multiselect=true&filter=flag:"Product"&fields=&spellcheck=true&rows=12&start=0&version=V2&viewType=LIST&facet.version=V2

Battery usage is very much down to the way the camear is used, lots of pixel peeping and having IS on Continuous will use the battery more. Switch On Take Picture(s) Switch Off and you'll be seeing 350 plus shots easily. Its the fiddling about that drains the battery. Also try IS in Shooting Only mode

If you take lots of pictures quickly you can see huge numbers of shots per battery charge (1000+)

But its a fact of life that mirrorless uses more battery than DSLR.

Fuji have a list of approved power banks on their website.

Does anyone know when these Sigma x mount lenses drop? I understand it's April but unsure which date.

Hello everyone, first post in this thread after receiving my new Fuji X-T4, 18-55mm and 100-400mm lenses last week. Lots to learn after 20 years of shooting Canon DSLRs, but what better way to start than taking the camera to Oulton Park for day one of the British GT meeting. Really enjoying shooting with the camera so far and the image quality is a huge step up from my previous setup. Absolutely in love with the Velvia film simulation for this type of photography.

British GT Championship by Richard Crawford, on Flickr

Last edited:
Does anyone know when these Sigma x mount lenses drop? I understand it's April but unsure which date.

All I've heard is 'April' - I wouldn't count on them till end of month or even early May availability though. What lens are you interested in? I fancy trying the 16 1.4 for travel in June, though I'm swaying more toward the Viltrox 13mm 1.4 which is getting very good reviews from what I've seen

What is general view on RAW FILE CONVERTER EX 3.0 powered by SILKYPIX?

My Lightroom / Photoshop subscription is up in a few weeks and I'm not really taking enough photos to justify renewing it currently so weighing up the free alternatives...

A couple of seascapes from my recent trip to Devon. This is my first time using ND filters, first time using the 12mm in anger, and first time doing seascapes, but I'm fairly happy with these - It could just be the novelty of long exposures though. I certainly learned a lot, but still need to work on my compositions.

Ideally I need to get out by myself rather than have the Mrs and the dog waiting for me to finish!

Duckpool Bay by jimmyjamjoejoe, on Flickr

I got thoroughly soaked while taking this one at Woolacombe. I had been there 20mins or so by that point and knew where the water was reaching, but a freak wave came and soaked both me and the camera! It wasn't just a little bit bigger than the others either, the normal waves were washing up the channels between rocks that were ~40-50cm high, usually reaching about halfway up them.
I was perched on top of those rocks, precariously balanced straddling one of the channels with the camera down between and this one wave not only completely covered the rocks, but soaked me to my knees! Not just a little bit of a splash - It full on washed over and I didn't see my feet for 10-15 seconds until it washed back out again. Crazy stuff. All I could do was lean down and hold onto the tripod so that a) the camera wouldn't get washed away and b) I wouldn't lose my balance.

Certainly an eye opener - Stay safe out there people!

Fortunately, both me and the camera survived, and have both had a thorough clean.

Woolacombe by jimmyjamjoejoe, on Flickr

Here's the exposure I was taking when the wave hit. I think I had just hit the shutter and it was mid-countdown when the wave hit. :ROFLMAO:

Soaked! by jimmyjamjoejoe, on Flickr

I then had a whole ordeal of trying to get back across the rocks after the sun had gone down, with a heavy pack on my back and boots full of water... Long story short I got a little bit lost, and a little bit panicky while scrambling across some huge 20ft+ rocks in the rapidly fading light. I got back to the beach entrance covered in sweat just as the Mrs was coming down to check on me. Could have been a complete disaster day, fortunately it just turned out a couple of shots and a story I can laugh at.

I'll definitely be showing the coast more respect in the future!

Last edited:
All I've heard is 'April' - I wouldn't count on them till end of month or even early May availability though. What lens are you interested in? I fancy trying the 16 1.4 for travel in June, though I'm swaying more toward the Viltrox 13mm 1.4 which is getting very good reviews from what I've seen

If you go for viltrox I think avmphoto offer it cheaper if you buy directly through their website rather than ebay, worth phoning them.

I had my eye on the 56mm as I'm missing something at that focal length. I wanted to try and capture more street portrait style shots which that lens could be perfect for.

If you go for viltrox I think avmphoto offer it cheaper if you buy directly through their website rather than ebay, worth phoning them.

I had my eye on the 56mm as I'm missing something at that focal length. I wanted to try and capture more street portrait style shots which that lens could be perfect for.

I've seen some of your street stuff on here, definitely seems to be your thing, some great images (y) Are you still using the little XC35? Still use mine regular enough, in fact it's one of the few lenses I've owned for more than a year :LOL: I tend to sell them off eventually to try something else [I tend to hang on to cameras much longer] - I guess this one I feel isn't worth the bother to move along and for the money the output is very decent.

The problem with UK sites for me is they will very likely end up costing me a chunk more in customs charges. It was a sad day when that all changed, as I used to buy a lot [most of my old gear in fact] from the UK because it was often cheaper than buying here in Ireland, not the case anymore

I've seen some of your street stuff on here, definitely seems to be your thing, some great images (y) Are you still using the little XC35? Still use mine regular enough, in fact it's one of the few lenses I've owned for more than a year :LOL: I tend to sell them off eventually to try something else [I tend to hang on to cameras much longer] - I guess this one I feel isn't worth the bother to move along and for the money the output is very decent.

The problem with UK sites for me is they will very likely end up costing me a chunk more in customs charges. It was a sad day when that all changed, as I used to buy a lot [most of my old gear in fact] from the UK because it was often cheaper than buying here in Ireland, not the case anymore

I've still got it, i haven't been out much recently though with my camera. I picked up the xf 23mmf2 in feb and have been using that since. I had a viltrox 85mm which I sold, so my only lens other than the 23 and 35 is the 16 2.8, although I'm considering selling that. The good thing with Fuji gear is that it holds its value well, I think.

I wish the lenses were all cheaper so i could try them all :ROFLMAO:

A couple of seascapes from my recent trip to Devon. This is my first time using ND filters, first time using the 12mm in anger, and first time doing seascapes, but I'm fairly happy with these - It could just be the novelty of long exposures though. I certainly learned a lot, but still need to work on my compositions.

Ideally I need to get out by myself rather than have the Mrs and the dog waiting for me to finish!

I got thoroughly soaked while taking this one at Woolacombe. I had been there 20mins or so by that point and knew where the water was reaching, but a freak wave came and soaked both me and the camera! It wasn't just a little bit bigger than the others either, the normal waves were washing up the channels between rocks that were ~40-50cm high, usually reaching about halfway up them.
I was perched on top of those rocks, precariously balanced straddling one of the channels with the camera down between and this one wave not only completely covered the rocks, but soaked me to my knees! Not just a little bit of a splash - It full on washed over and I didn't see my feet for 10-15 seconds until it washed back out again. Crazy stuff. All I could do was lean down and hold onto the tripod so that a) the camera wouldn't get washed away and b) I wouldn't lose my balance.

Fortunately, both me and the camera survived, and have both had a thorough clean.

Here's the exposure I was taking when the wave hit. I think I had just hit the shutter and it was mid-countdown when the wave hit. :ROFLMAO:

I then had a whole ordeal of trying to get back across the rocks after the sun had gone down, with a heavy pack on my back and boots full of water... Long story short I got a little bit lost, and a little bit panicky while scrambling across some huge 20ft+ rocks in the rapidly fading light. I got back to the beach entrance covered in sweat just as the Mrs was coming down to check on me. Could have been a complete disaster day, fortunately it just turned out a couple of shots and a story I can laugh at.

love the first one especially

I love the first one, heading down that way tomorrow - I cannot wait to see a North Devon sunset, it has been 4 years since I was last down there. Hoping I'll be able to get out with the camera a bit too.

After my first weekend out using my X-T4, I have one burning question. Now this may just be something I have to get used to coming from a DSLR, or a unique quirk of Fuji cameras I'm not sure.
Is there a way to prevent the aperture stopping down until the shutter button is pressed? On a DSLR, the aperture is always wide open until you press the shutter button, but on my Fuji the aperture seems "live", for want of a better term, I.e if I set it to f/22, then it's at f/22 all the time. The reason I ask is that AF is obviously rather slow and inaccurate at such small apertures, but I do need to use them quite frequently for slow shutter panning shots, where I need the AF to track a car as I pan.

So, is there a setting I need to change? Do I just need to change my technique to take this quirk of mirrorless / Fuji cameras into account?

Someone will pay £2 million for the last one and call it "art" :ROFLMAO:

Great result for your first attempt, very nice indeed.

Back