The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I haven't been to a BSB meeting in years, used to love them... I even had a John Reynolds replica helmet at one point.

I love the first one, heading down that way tomorrow - I cannot wait to see a North Devon sunset, it has been 4 years since I was last down there. Hoping I'll be able to get out with the camera a bit too.
Guess which idiot got all the way down to Devon, to find a camera shaped hole in his camera bag? So annoyed with myself.

Been weighing up the pros and cons of using Capture One Express over Lightroom, I've got to say I really like the results, C1 seems to really handle Fuji raw files well.

This is a recent test edit from Capture One Express, I'm really happy with it and also surprised as I've tried editing it in LR a couple of times and never managed to produce an image I was pleased with.

The Shard by Adam P, on Flickr

Been weighing up the pros and cons of using Capture One Express over Lightroom, I've got to say I really like the results, C1 seems to really handle Fuji raw files well.

This is a recent test edit from Capture One Express, I'm really happy with it and also surprised as I've tried editing it in LR a couple of times and never managed to produce an image I was pleased with.

The Shard by Adam P, on Flickr

I made the switch a while ago and love it. The image quality isn't night and day, I wouldn't have upgraded just for that, but the workflow is much better, especially with the customisable UI.

Everything can be moved around and re-ordered. Each individual tool just seems to work better. All the sliders are "milder" so subtle edits are easier. For a long time it had the (massive) advantage of layers, though adobe has caught up. Performance is better.

The thing I love most though, is a choice of using "sessions" or the main library. I use sessions for everything. They're basically mini self contained libraries. When you create one it makes subfolders for captures, selects, outputs etc. You're able to copy and move it around and take your edits with you, or send it to someone else.
Most importantly though, if a disk fails or whatever, you'll likely be able to recover 99% of the sessions whereas if your library gets corrupted, you're toast.

I definitely recommend it.

Also: Paul Reiffer has some good editing guide videos on youtube, where he really explains the nitty gritty of what each tool is doing behind the scenes and how you can use that knowledge.

After a few days of decent weather we were fogged in for the last two days up in the mountains of central Italy. Well, I think we were just above the cloud base but whatever it was you couldn't see your hand in front of your face some of the time. Four efforts of trees in the mist:

Nebbia I by Ian, on Flickr

Nebbia II by Ian, on Flickr

Nebbia III by Ian, on Flickr

Nebbia IV by Ian, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Ouch! How long you there for? I've got an X-T1 I could pack up and send down if you've got somewhere I can send it to, just send it back when you're done.
Thanks for the very kind offer! I'm heading back home tomorrow though. The light hasn't been great today, so probably would have just lugged a heavy bag around.

I made the switch a while ago and love it. The image quality isn't night and day, I wouldn't have upgraded just for that, but the workflow is much better, especially with the customisable UI.

Everything can be moved around and re-ordered. Each individual tool just seems to work better. All the sliders are "milder" so subtle edits are easier. For a long time it had the (massive) advantage of layers, though adobe has caught up. Performance is better.

The thing I love most though, is a choice of using "sessions" or the main library. I use sessions for everything. They're basically mini self contained libraries. When you create one it makes subfolders for captures, selects, outputs etc. You're able to copy and move it around and take your edits with you, or send it to someone else.
Most importantly though, if a disk fails or whatever, you'll likely be able to recover 99% of the sessions whereas if your library gets corrupted, you're toast.

I definitely recommend it.

Also: Paul Reiffer has some good editing guide videos on youtube, where he really explains the nitty gritty of what each tool is doing behind the scenes and how you can use that knowledge.

Image quality isn't night and day agreed, but the output from C1 seems cleaner.

For me though, it feels lightweight and intuitive in comparison to Lightroom which seems to get more sluggish with every update.

Just received the Tamron 18-300, for use as an all-day walkabout lens while travelling. Can anyone else here confirm that the zoom ring is a bit stiff to turn and/or that it loosens up with use?

If anyones interested - There's a couple of websites listing the sigma x mount lenses available for delivery on Tuesday.

Hello!
I have been a Fuji owner for about 2 months so far and I'm using capture 1 to edit my pictures.
I'm using the trial version and just wondering what other editing programs are available.
So, my editing process is simple, I edit raw files, [don't use jpegs because the camera's jpegs is not to my liking(x-pro 1)] I change the shadows, highlights midtones and colour balance. Sometimes I might use the grain tool, colour balance individually for the shadows, midtones and highlights. And that's about it. I'm happy with capture one but I'm not sure if the free version includes all the tools I'm using at the moment. If not could you suggest any free Fuji editing programs?

Thx for the help Marino

Does anyone keep up to date with Fuji rumours - specifically around when the successor for the X100V will be announced? Had my F since Sept 2019 and while I love everything about the the chance to get the newer model is always appealing, although not if there is another round the corner. Would happily wait if there is one due out in the next 6 months.

Does anyone keep up to date with Fuji rumours - specifically around when the successor for the X100V will be announced? Had my F since Sept 2019 and while I love everything about the the chance to get the newer model is always appealing, although not if there is another round the corner. Would happily wait if there is one due out in the next 6 months.

Fuji releases (historically) tend to be Sep and Feb - since the current liklehood is for the release for the X-H2/X-H2S (and almost certainly followed by an X-T5), the earliest I think you could be looking at would be Feb 2023

I follow the FujiRumours page on Fæcesbook and can't say I've seen a new version of the X100 mentioned...

The release cycle for X100's has been fairly consistent at every three years (except the S and T were much closer together for some reason). So might be reasonable to expect a new version early next year. But that probably means 12 months until you could get your hands on one. And also, I'd imagine some of these release cycles are going to start extending so could well be even longer. Pretty happy with my F for the foreseeable I must say.

That all makes sense. Just am in a position to upgrade of I so wished and as it looks like at least a year, think it could be worth a look!

Has anyone else been following the Viltrox 13mm f1.4? reviews have been excellent - mine should be here this week!

Yeah looks pretty sweet, all reviews point to it being a very impressive performer all-round. I'm trying to sell a Laowa macro lens atm, if I can shift that I might just got for the 13mm, haven't had anything that wide in a long time

Back